Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!

Go down 
+7
MetalFRO
ryanmetalman
powermacho
James B.
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
BillRoxx
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Empty
PostSubject: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:30 pm

PRESS RELEASE

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

ROXX PRODUCTIONS SIGNS 80’s CHRISTIAN METAL ARTIST CRYSTAVOX.

San Diego, CA.| After 20 years of silence; one of Christian Metal’s loudest bands is back, with a great story and a line of new limited releases in collaboration with Roxx Productions. Crystavox, based out of San Diego, CA., recently met again informally to mark the 20 year anniversary of the bands first record deal (Regency 1989). Discussions progressed, causing the band to research where the original master recordings were located. Crystavox lead guitarist, Tony Lopez, located the master tapes - stored in a warehouse in Burbank, CA. The previous record label; Ocean Records, released the Archived Media back to Crystavox.

“We were finally in possession of all the two-inch masters from both records but after 20 years in storage, we would have to bake the tapes in order to allow them to pass through a tape machine again,” said Lopez. “Convection baking worked and we were able to digitize the tapes in high resolution to the Pro Tools format,” Lopez concluded.

Not only did the band now have control over a remix of such hit songs as “Scarifice” (#1 PRR 1990), “Home Again” (#3 CCM 1990), and “It’s All Right” (#7 PRR 1990), but also discovered a “never released” live concert and MTV style video. Bringing this dated and worn media back to life fell on the shoulders of drummer, Fred Helm, who had become a director and producer for regional and national televisions shows since his departure from Crystavox.

“Finally getting to load this live show into our production studio was so much fun,” said Helm. “The only copy we had was a 20 year old VHS tape that had been played several times over the years. All the blacks were grey, the color was washed and in 1990, Widescreen TV did not exist. We have corrected the color issues and re-mastered the video in the 16:9 format. These videos; which consist of 4 live songs and 4 MTV-style video productions, will also include a recently recorded, “where are they now” segment - shot in HD, and featuring the band “self narrating” the story of Crystavox.

The band took a shot at remixing the old songs to see if modern technology could add a new edge to the hit songs recorded so long ago - when MP3’s, the internet and non-linear digital recording did not even exist. “The pre mixes were good enough to import a complete Pro Tools HD system into the production studio and take a serious shot at remixing the old songs,” said Crystavox song writer and guitarist Loren Holmquist.

“When I heard the pre-mixes, I was astounded as to the clarity and general lack of over-processed sounds that we had gotten used to,” said Adam Lee Kemp, lead singer for Crystavox. “The 80’s were all about excess; in vocals, layered harmonies, guitars and effects.” “Consequently, I knew that converting those previous concepts into a current format would involve a major overhaul in order to synchronize the delivery with modern music and culture.” “Ultimately, Fred was able to start-from-scratch and re-mix these New Versions using a minimal portion of subtle effects - causing the songs to appear modern, 20 years after they were recorded.” Kemp concluded.

The songs have been totally redone; new guitars, drums and an over-sampling method vastly increasing the mastered volume of each song to today’s standards. The re-discovery of Crystavox in 2010 comes complete with a custom built media website featuring the bands songs and videos.

The new release entitled, “The 20 Year Mix” will include a DVD and the

“Best Of” songs released through Roxx Records/Roxx Productions.

“ I realized Crystavox might be in the position to re-release its library which, in its original versions would have done well. Realizing the songs had been remixed and there was a DVD interested Roxx,” said Bill Bafford, President of Roxx Productions. “We are very excited about this limited release and the relationship with Crystavox.”

The release is set for Early Spring 2010 on Roxx Records.

After the break up of Crystavox in early 1992, original members Adam Lee Kemp, Loren Holmquist, Fred Helm and Tony Lopez continued in the production and recording industries recording over 45 releases and 27 television shows.

Radio & Press Inquiries- bill@roxxproductions.com

Distribution Inquiries- bill@roxxproductions.com

To Contact Crystavox

Adam Lee Kemp- adamleekemp@crystavox.com

Tony Lopez- tony@crystavox.com

Loren Holmquist- loren@crystavox.com

Fred Helm- studio@crystavox.com

www.crystavox.com

www.roxxproductions.com

Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! PressReleasesm
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Wow, cool. Didn't see that comin'.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Wow, this is one of the better glam metal bands of the late 80s/early 90s. I always really liked them.

Looking forward to hearing something new from them. I hope they still got it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:05 pm

"The Bottom Line" is a great cd

right on Bill

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Bill has some fantastic releases coming in 2010. Unlike some christian rock labels, Bill listens to fans of the music, because he is a fan himself. I dare call him a fanboy. Smile
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks Brian and the only way these things have been possible is through the help dedication and support of the presistent fans that help me track some of these guys down or refer them to me.

Also definitely not possible without the direct support from Scott and Brian!

Thank you guys all on this board and the CMR.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:45 pm

James B. wrote:
"The Bottom Line" is a great cd

right on Bill

Both of their albums were phenominal. I was actually partial to the "S/T".
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:46 pm

So the only album lined up at this time is a re-recording? I hope they release a new album of all new material too.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:02 pm

I have been wanting to get their music. Great job Bill.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:34 am

Sweet. I had both "The Bottom Line" and s/t on cassette! I managed to find a used copy of "Bottom Line" but all I have of the other is a crappy CDR. (better than not having it at all. Can't wait for this Spring.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Just about fell out of my seat when I read the e-mail on my phone yesterday - very excited about this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:25 am

Never heard of these guys. What kind of metal did/do they play?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:46 am

Dave the Boss wrote:

Pop-metal, glam... like a safer Stryper.

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:47 am

Quote :
like a safer Stryper

...because Stryper is dangerous, kiddies. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 am

Crystavox was never all that good...IMO, of course.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:49 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
like a safer Stryper

Hell yeah, they had guns, debils and even ashtrays on their album covers! Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Affraid

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:51 am

kmorg wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
like a safer Stryper

Hell yeah, they had guns, debils and even ashtrays on their album covers! Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Affraid

yeah, and remember that one album when they had stuble and holes in their jeans??!!! Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Lol
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:53 am

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
like a safer Stryper

yeah, and remember that one album when they had stuble and holes in their jeans??!!! Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Lol

That's what hairspray fumes will do to you, every time!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:06 pm

I always thought of Crystavox is very underrated. As far as Christian glam metal went - they were top tier.

Heck, they could've held their own in the secular market, had they been given the chance.

Same with Eternal Ryte.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:48 am

kmorg wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Pop-metal, glam... like a safer Stryper.

Hmmm... thanks, but no thanks. I think I'll pass. Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm interested to see what the first disc will sound like remastered. Maybe a double disc set for preorders? I would love to have the first album again. Looking forward to this release!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Man, I wanna say I had these guys when I was a kid...but I just can't quite put my finger on them. The name really sounds familiar.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Nice to see Crystavox making a comeback of sorts!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:38 pm

This release is coming out cool too!

Expect to have the full detailed release soon, but I can tell you that preorders on this are going to come with a Limted Editon 3rd disc! An unreleased LIVE EP!

These are gonna go quick, I have not even made the full announcment on this one yet so the preorders coming throught dont even realize what they are getting yet and they are already starting to move!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:57 pm

We apologize for the delay, we had to push the Crystavox release to the end of July, but it is going to be well worth the wait!!!

In the meantime we have some cool new announcements about 'The Twenty Year Mix'...

First the brand new single 'Shame' will be going out to radio next week! Listen for it and request it on your favorite rock Radio!

And check out the track release for the Bonus disc which all you collectors are going to REALLY want to pick up!!!!

1. "FAME" A long lost demo track from an early incarnation of Crystavox called 'Windows and Mirrors'
2, "YOU ARE THE ONE" An early Crystavox song that never made the cut
3. "THE BIG PICTURE" Live 1992
4. "STICK TO YOUR GUNS" Live 1992
5. The Demo Session 2001- "THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED" NEVER RELEASED
6. Radio Promos from 1989-1992

This pre-sale is almost over!!!! And this has been one of the best sellers we have had!

We are expecting the full 1000 of this release to be one of our quickest movers and shakers get your orders in quick!!

PS: The Sacrificed CD '2012' sounds amazing! It already sounded tremendous and then once Steinhaus Mastering finished with it the end result was even MORE Phenomenal! Wait until you hear this one!! This is a MUST have for you Progressive Metal fans out there! You like Sacred Warrior / Queensryche / Dream Theater? You are going to want to check this out! An awesome debut from The Sacrificed on Roxx Records! All Pre-Orders for this will be shipping next week! We still have a few left of the limited edition bonus disc as well! Which features 'The Da Vinci Hoax' and some EARLY demo recordings of some earlier incarnations of The Sacrificed! completely remastered and sounding amazing courtesy of Peak Productions!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!   Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crystavox signs with Roxx Records launches new website!
Page 1 of 1