Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legendary Songs of The Last Decade

Go down 
+5
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
Lurideath
T-Roy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Empty
PostSubject: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:52 am

Back in the 80's and 90's we had those legendary songs that 10, 15 and 20 years later are still monster metal classics. Not necessarily by radio popularity, but those huge heavy songs never to be forgotten.

What songs from the 2000-2009 do you think will carry the torch 10 years from now...your favorite epic metal songs from this decade?

I'm still thinking. But go for it!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:45 pm

this one takes a lot of thought. For starters though, I'd say:

Heaven and Hell - Follow the Tears
Judas Priest - Judas Rising
Iron Maiden - Ghost of the Navigator
Dream Evil - The Book of Heavy Metal
Helstar - The King of Hell
Cage - Hell Destroyer
Cage - Black River Falls
Mystic Prophecy - Revolution Evil
Megadeth - 1,320
Hirax - Unleash the Dogs of War
Avenger of Blood - Poserslaughter
Ultimatum - Into the Pit

There's more but I gotta think.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 pm

This really does require a lot of thought. Lots of factors to consider, but I think I got a few that are probably going to be around a long time;

Alice In Chains-Check My Brain
Megadeth-Washington Is Next
Metallica-Cyanide
Black Sabbath-Bible Black
KISS-Modern Day Delilah
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:01 pm

Stratovarius - I Walk to My Own Song
Leaves' Eyes - New Found Land
Within Temptation - The Howling
Lacuna Coil - Swamped
Winter's Verge - Get Me Out
Pagan's Mind - United Alliance
Sonata Arctica - Gravenimage
Iron Maiden - Journeyman
Iron Fire - The Demon Master
Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame
Manowar - Warriors of the World United
Testament - The Evil Has Landed
Exodus - Children of a Worthless God
Metallica - That Was Just Your Life
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:28 pm

It's not the end of the decade. December 31, 2010 is the end of the decade. I'll reply to this in a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
It's not the end of the decade. December 31, 2010 is the end of the decade. I'll reply to this in a year.

true, along with all those premature 2000 celebrations. 1000 years my arse.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 pm

It doesn't matter much. Any ten year period is a decade, it's just humans like figures ending in 0 to base their calenders around and attach importance to. Besides, everyone got what he meant by decade even if they don't agree on it.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Calendar nazis!

although I agree with 'em...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:43 am

True enough. Let's see what 2010 has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:12 am

2000-2010 is 11 whole years, if you want to do it that way your decade is 2001-2010
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:44 am

Ben Grimm wrote:
2000-2010 is 11 whole years, if you want to do it that way your decade is 2001-2010
Ask anyone to start counting, and they'll go, "One, two, three," and so on. No one starts counting at zero, so while 2000 is the beginning of a year, it didn't make a full year until the last second of 12/31/01 ticked past. A full day is not complete until it clicks past 11:59, you know. If you write out 20 numbers and split them, it's 1 through 10 and 11 through 20, as you know.

And there is no year 0, I might add. Is it 0 A.D., or 1 A.D.?

Anyway, let's not let this mess up the flow of discussion. It's just a pet peeve of mine, mainly because this same discussion was had back when people thought 12/31/1999 marked the end of the millennium.

Either way, anyone able to list the best albums of 9 or 10 years has a better brain than I do. Haha. I have a hell of a time listing yearly Best Ofs...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:56 am

I believe time has to pass before something can truly be called "legendary", if a song or album still holds up 20 years later and people still talk about it...that would constitute legendary in my book.

So I'll let you know what I think in 20 years. Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:26 pm

detuned wrote:
I believe time has to pass before something can truly be called "legendary", if a song or album still holds up 20 years later and people still talk about it...that would constitute legendary in my book.

So I'll let you know what I think in 20 years. Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_biggrin

What he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legendary Songs of The Last Decade   Legendary Songs of The Last Decade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legendary Songs of The Last Decade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: