Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 am

Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Ironmaidenandnewwaveofbyw4

Just got this new release DVD. Haven't watched it yet. I think I'll go downstairs and watch it tonight though.

Has anyone seen this? Any thoughts on it? I guess it's supposed to be a pretty thorough and in-depth documentary on both Iron Maiden and the NWoBHM scene on the whole.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:14 am

Never seen it. Looks like an interesting watch though. Give us a rundown.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 am

I'm interested in this too. Especially because of the part on Praying Mantis. One of the finest NWoBHM bands imo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 am

Looks pretty cool. I just skimmed a few reviews of it on line and it does say that it's an "unauthorized" documentary, for whatever that's worth. One review laments that there's no Steve Harris or any of the current Maiden members, though it sez that Paul DiAnno and Dennis Stratton make appearances. Another review was angered that they quickly glossed over Venom and Diamond Head, who get about a minute each.

Lemme know if Raven are in it anywhere! If so, I'm a-buyin' it. Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:37 am

It's not very troo if they gloss over Diamondhead. Any Saxon on there?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:12 pm

I still haven't watched this yet. Hopefully tonight. I'll be pissed if they gloss over Venom though. That's my all time fave NWOBHM band.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Well, this was actually a pretty good documentary. Great coverage on the DiAnno fronted Maiden.

Praying Mantis and Diamond Head are covered pretty well.

I thought it was actually quite good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:35 am

Sounds cool. So does Raven get any props in this thang? If so it's goin' on my shopping list.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:18 am

Raven are probably my favorite NWOBHM band, with Saxon and Diamond Head in a close second. Tokyo Blade as well.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
Raven are probably my favorite NWOBHM band

No "probably" about it for me. Them's my boys. Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD 11840

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Raven are probably my favorite NWOBHM band

No "probably" about it for me. Them's my boys. Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD 11840

I love Raven too, but I'm also a Maiden fanatic.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I love Raven too, but I'm also a Maiden fanatic.

Ditto, but Maiden are on a whole 'nother planet far as I'm concerned. They started in the NWOBHM scene but eventually transcended it and became big time jet settin' planet bustin' rock stars. So when I think NWOBHM I usually think of the little guys like Raven, Diamond Head, and so forth. That probably makes no sense to anyone but me, but I sorta put Maiden on a higher plane than the rest of 'em Laughing

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:28 pm

I am glad someone on this board has actually watched this DVD, I have seen it a thousand times but I passed on it, felt it might of sucked.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Is there any live footage included?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:38 pm

There is a little live footage, but only clips here and there. It's done pretty well though.

Sorry, Raven is not really covered in this. Not sure why. But Preying Mantis, Diamond Head, Girlschool and Saxon are all covered pretty well.

They don't mention every single band. But for what they do cover - it's done pretty well IMHO.

Not the best metal documentary you'll ever see. But it's not the worst either. I'd recommend it. But rent it first.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:21 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Sorry, Raven is not really covered in this.

Boooooo! They just lost a sale. Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD 19976 Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_razz

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:52 am

Yeah, I'm not sure why they didn't include Raven. Weird.

Pretty much everyone else was included.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Necro thread back from the dead!:

This doc turned up on TubiTV (free streaming channel on Roku) so I'm watching it right now ... better late than never eh? Laughing very hard

...although with a 2 hour, 25 minute run time andTubi's irritating, constant commercial interruptions (the price you pay for "free" movies) there is no way I'm gonna be able to get thru this beast in one sitting...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD   Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM DVD
Page 1 of 1