Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ram Jam

Go down 
+3
Orion Crystal Ice
rattpoison
Schbopo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Ram Jam Empty
PostSubject: Ram Jam   Ram Jam Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Scored their only two albums today and holy jeez, this band is awesome. Every last song is pure hard-rocking goodness. It's a shame they're only known for "Black Betty" and faded away as soon as they got popular. Sure, it's pretty basic rock stuff, but in the late 70's, they rocked harder than most. Bill Bartlett could shred with the best of em', and Myke Scavone had a cool, hypnotic voice. I just can't get enough. Any fans of this criminally underlooked group?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Ram Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram Jam   Ram Jam Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Yeah i love Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Ram, a real enigma of an album considering so little is known about it and who played on the record and how they did a complete 180 from the heavy boogie of the previous album to the ahead of it's time heavy metal of Portrait. I mean right up there with Riot's late 70's releases, one of those incredible releases not mentioned in the canon of Heavy Metal but surely deserves so.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Ram Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram Jam   Ram Jam Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:02 am

'Hurricane Ride'..heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Ram Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram Jam   Ram Jam Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:43 pm

I totally dig Ram Jam, both the S/T & Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Ram get consistent play on my iPod. rattpoison & Orion Crystal Ice hit it right on the head. I'd also recommend Moxy & Tucky Buzzard, both really good bands in their own right.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ram Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram Jam   Ram Jam Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:13 pm

I only heard 'Black Betty' and then Classic Rock Magazine and Martin Popoff have both stated that this album is a long lost metal classic and should be known beyond one song. I will check them out further.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ram Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram Jam   Ram Jam Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:31 am

I only know them from 'Black Betty'. I've always assumed they were a 2nd teir southern rock band like .38 Special or Blackfoot. Is that way off?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Ram Jam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram Jam   Ram Jam Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I only know them from 'Black Betty'. I've always assumed they were a 2nd teir southern rock band like .38 Special or Blackfoot. Is that way off?

Not way off for the first album but the second is pure unadulterated American heavy metal from '78 like a turbocharged heavier Aerosmith circa Rocks...........