Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away

Go down 
+11
Addy
sheets
Eyesore
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
nevermore
DallasBlack
Troublezone
akeldama
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:02 pm

Owen Hart's death is why Sting doesnt go down the rafters anymore
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The most tragic demise will always be Owen Hart and Chris Benoit.

For sure. Owen's was compounded by the fact that he died by no fault of his own. The Benoit incident was the single most horrific event in the fact that a woman and child got killed in the process. Even those closest to Benoit to this day are shocked that he was capable of that. Unfortunatly, what you never heard about was the research on Benoit's brain:

Quote :
Tests were conducted on Benoit's brain by Julian Bailes, the head of neurosurgery at West Virginia University, and results showed that "Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient."[134] He was reported to have had an advanced form of dementia, similar to the brains of four retired NFL players who had suffered multiple concussions, sank into depression, and harmed themselves or others. Bailes and his colleagues concluded that repeated concussions can lead to dementia, which can contribute to severe behavioral problems (Wikipedia)

As well as drug testing (which was not the ultimate factor in the incident) I believe pro wrestling should think about psychological exams of wrestlers who suffer multiple cuncussions (unfortunatly it's easier to check and blame drugs).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:10 am

Addy wrote:

Oh yeah... i remember when he used to do that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 am

There's a good book about Benoit and the wrestling business called "Ring of Hell".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
Addy wrote:

Oh yeah... i remember when he used to do that.

That might not be entirely Sting's decision. In the arena where I work, the basketball mascot used to repel down from the rafters in a similiar fashion. After that acident, our lawyers told him that he was no longer allowed to do it for insurance purposes. So while Sting may certainly be apprehensive about performing that certain stunt, he may not be legally allowed to do it either.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Oh Im sure theres more to it but Im sure the Owen hart incident was the straw that broke the camel's back
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:07 am

edit: I deleted my comments after research.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:42 am

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away   Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former WWE Star Umaga Passes Away
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2