Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drew Struzan appreciation thread

Go down 
+3
kmorg
GrandNational
Schbopo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Drew Struzan appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Not a musician, but an artist. One who in addition to having created the movie posters for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Harry Potter among others, has also done some of the best heavy metal album covers of all time.

Who could forget these classic Cooper covers?
Drew Struzan appreciation thread Gl0808251448284290

Drew Struzan appreciation thread Cooper,%20Alice%20-%201974%20-%20Greatest%20Hits
Or this oh-so disturbing Sabbath cover?
Drew Struzan appreciation thread Sabbath
Needless to say, he's quite the talent, and should be recognized as much for his great contributions to the metal world as much as his contributions to the film world (but that's still not very much recognition).
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:08 pm

There's a section called "Of Unsound Mind" for this Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:13 pm

GrandNational wrote:
There's a section called "Of Unsound Mind" for this Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_wink

It's metal-related. Bite me.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Great covers. Didn't know it was the same artist Very Happy

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 3:25 pm

I like the Angel side of the Sabbath cover as well.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:20 am

Know the work, but not familair with the name. I'll have to look into more of his works. Good stuff.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:34 am

I had no idea it was the same artist, great stuff Snoppy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Way cool. I'm familiar with his poster art for "Indiana Jones" and various "Star Wars" films and their related books/etc. but didn't know he did album artwork too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drew Struzan appreciation thread   Drew Struzan appreciation thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drew Struzan appreciation thread
Page 1 of 1