Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails

Go down 
+2
mc666
Metallic Blaze
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:17 pm

MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails 186854

I know somone is probably gonna mention how horrible the production is - or how awful the lyrics are, but folks - these demos paved the way for so much in the way of extreme music. IMO - even thrash was greatly affected by these demos.

Who all has this? It's essential for any self-respecting fan of Celtic Frost to own this collection of all the early demos.

This two-disc set features everything Hellhammer recorded (with the exception of their only official release, "Apocolyptic Raids EP". Three demos in all. This is just a fantastic thrashfest and the blueprint of the black metal genre that would follow. This, along with early Venom really paved the way.

I was cranking this one early today, and find it quite hard not to bang my head when it's on.

Any fans?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:16 pm

most definitely a fan here. i grew up listening to the Apocalyptic Raids EP on cassette. putting it on cd along with Satanic Rites & the other tracks was a long time coming. it sounds just as primitive & brutal today as it did back then.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:36 am

Loved this compilation, Hellhammer was an awesome band, and this is some top notch brutal stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Any other fans? Fans of Celtic Frost?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
lol, not likely here. of Hellhammer anyway.

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Yea I'm certainly a hellhammer fan, although I do have to admit that I didn't grow up with them so I was only a person who "found" them as such in later years when Celtic Frost were bursting ahead,

I will plug Warhammer though, pure Hellhammer worship but with their own original material, def. worth a list if you like HH.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:11 pm

I've never heard Warhammer. Will check them out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:19 pm

big fan of Hellhammer.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:34 am

Worship Hellhammer. Apocalyptic Raids has one of the sickest guitar tones ever.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I've never heard Warhammer. Will check them out. Thanks!
you should check out Gallhammer as well. total Hellhammer worship, right down to the production. all by 3 little Japanese chicks.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:27 pm

I've heard of Gallhammer before. Cool, more stuff to look into now.

MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails 253444
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:28 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Oh yes! Love them both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:15 am

Can't stand Gallhammer. They're more of a gimmick than a real band if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Can't stand Gallhammer. They're more of a gimmick than a real band if you ask me.
bullsh*t. the fact that they're women do not make them a gimmick.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:45 pm

I love women in metal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails   MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/4. Hellhammer ~ Demon Entrails
Page 1 of 1