Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light

Go down 
+4
Temple of Blood
sovdat
Olafsto
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Empty
PostSubject: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Anyone else got this yet?
Got mine yesterday, and it`s been spinning ever since it arrived!
Imo a totally AWESOME release!!!
Great idea to get the a team of singers from various NB bands perfoming
Victor Smolskis fantastic songs. Also contains a bonus cd with some unreleased tracks by Helloween, Candlemass++++
Along with W.A.S.P - Dominator this is my favourite so far this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Ahh, so everyone's now doing that? What's the set list and who's involved in it??
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm

So was this done like the Roadrunner thing?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:23 pm

sovdat wrote:
Ahh, so everyone's now doing that? What's the set list and who's involved in it??

1. Dirty Wings-Tobias Sammet
2. Terrified-Peavy Wagner
3. Ruling The World-Toni Kakko
4. Death Is Alive-Mats Leven
5. Bloodsucker-Marcel Shmier
6. Slaves To The Desert-Hansi Kursch
7. A Perfect Day-Andi Deris
8. Eternally- Oddleif Stensland
9. Inner Sanctuary- Marco Hietala
10. In The Picture- Tarja Turunen
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:33 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Sorry, but I`m not familiar with the Roadrunner thing so I don`t know Temple, but there are so many knowledgeable people on this forum, so surely someone here knows:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Sorry, but I`m not familiar with the Roadrunner thing so I don`t know Temple, but there are so many knowledgeable people on this forum, so surely someone here knows:)
It's similar to the Roadrunner CD, but on that CD there were three or four songwriters contributing three or four songs each. On this Nuclear Blast CD, Smolski was the sole songwriter. So it's more like the Probot CD. One songwriter, different singer for each. This album looks killer, too. When was it released officially?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:00 am

I'm also curious about the bonus cd with the unreleased tracks .Who's all on there ?

Plus that Terrified track may as well be a Rage tune.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:09 pm

It was offisially released on Friday 08. in Europe,
I had preordered it.
Bands on the bonus CD:
HAMMERFALL-HEARTS ON FIRE
HELLOWEEN-THE MADNESS OF THE CROWDS
GOTTHARD-EL TRAIDOR
AFTER FOREVER-SWEET ENCLOSURE
RIDE THE SKY-NEW PROTECTION
THUNDERSTONE-FOREVERMORE
THRESHOLD-SLIPSTREAM
AMORPHIS-THE SMOKE
CANDLEMASS-DEVIL SEED
SIRENIA-THE OTHER SIDE
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Haven't heard this yet but it sounds like something that belongs on my shopping list!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 3:26 pm

This was released in the US today. I picked it up before work. I've gone through two listens and now I'm onto the bonus disc. First impressions: OUTSTANDING!! 🤘

Seriously, it's a killer album. All of the music was solely written by Victor Smolski except one, "In This Picture," which was co-written with Andreas Dirksmeier (Mind Odyssey). All the lyrics were written by Peavy Wagner, except on three songs: lyrics for "Bloodsuckers" were co-written between Wagner and Marcel Schirmer (Destruction), lyrics for "Slaves To The Desert" were written by Mario LeMole (Mind Odyssey), and lyrics for "In This Picture" were written by LeMole and MIC (??).

"Slaves To The Desert" was apparently a song written for Mind Odyssey, but Smolski never used it. The song is killer! I'm assuming "In The Picture" was also written for Mind Odyssey, as the same writers contributed. Though likely written with a male vocalist in mind, Tarja Turunen (ex-Nightwish) really nails it.

Anyway, Smolski and Wagner are a proven powerhouse when it comes to metal, so it's no surprise that these songs are killer! The album plays smoothly despite the fact that each song has a different singer. And it's heavy! No ballads. Definitely well worth the money (I paid $11.88).

The bonus disk is cool, though the "unreleased" tag on some songs is not technically true, since the songs have been released on singles or imports and such. And the Candlemass track is only unreleased because the album isn't out yet! Haha. Still a sweet bonus, though, especially since I've never heard Ride The Sky and the song here is great!

EDIT: I'm not familiar with Mind Odyssey, so I just checked Metal Archives, and it looks like "Slave To The Desert" and "In The Picture" were released on their last album, Signs. Interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 3:18 am

Got a promo of Out Of The Dark, it's also really good! Some songs aren't really for me, a little too death metal-ish, but most are really good, some killer! The promo I got came from a friend; it's just the CD, he tossed it in with a package he mailed me. I don't know who wrote the music for these songs. There's no info on Nuclear Blast's page. Some of the songs have that neo-metalcore, Heavy Metal For Dummies flavor to them, which makes me wonder if just one person wrote the music here. Wish I knew. Good album, though.

Not everything is death metal, or really heavy, though. "Paper Trail" has John Bush on it, I'm pretty positive. Sounds like him. And the song is not very heavy. "The Dawn Of It All" is pretty mellow, sounds like the guy from Soilwork, and it's probably my favorite on the CD. It's just a great, catchy tune.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 5:13 pm

Mark Osegueda of Death Angel is featured here. Besides him and John Bush everyone else featured here is a death metal/melo death vocalist.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 5:37 pm

I listen to some samplers of this album and yes, its very very good. I NEED TO BUY IT SOON.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:58 pm

It was a great listen for me-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light   Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Blast Allstars- Into the light
Page 1 of 1