Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My newest BIG purchase

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

My newest BIG purchase Empty
PostSubject: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:37 pm

Ive been really wanting to get a new double pedal for a while now and after some searching around today in some music stores I came across this wierd looking pedal called PEARL ELIMINATOR DEMON DRIVE DOUBLE PEDAL. Everywhere I saw it, it was $650 but I came across it on ebay for $619 with free shipping and no tax so basically I saved myself around $100. I never thought I would pay or buy a pedal for this much but after trying it I can't wait to get this thing. The speed on this pedal is rediculous!

Well thats my rant for the moment.

My newest BIG purchase !BeH)PigBGk~$(KGrHqQH-E!ErfSsBV1MBK77m)H+kQ~~_35

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:12 am

The drummer from Porcupine Tree uses one of those (or something similar).

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:31 am

I goofed around with Demon Drive and the new Trick pedals too. I met a guy at a Hirax show who has an endorsement with Trick. Of course, I am gonna stick with my DW900's. The adjustment variables are better (IMHO) and they are ALOT smoother to play. At least for me, being I am a heel's up type of guy. Will say they they are better than the Axxis product and look kinda/sorta stylin' in appearance. Hope you enjoy them and get busy on all that seedy gonzales type stuff My newest BIG purchase 11840

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 am

James B. wrote:
seedy gonzales

Sounds like a Texas brothel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:42 am

oops my happy fingers were supposed to type "speedy"

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Haha Yea I was looking at the DW9000 but for a few more dollars I think the Pearl one is worth it. I saw the DW one one ebay but it was used and the guy wanted $300 for it. I was just going to say screw it and buy it because it looked like it was in great shape which it probably was, but everyone kept saying don't get something like that used. Which could be true. When it comes to this like this I don't like to buy used. I have a couple used cymbals but you never know how much of a beating the person before put on it. We'll see when it gets here though after I tweak it and probably screw it up haha.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:13 am

I wouldn't buy used either, especially sight unseen from Ebay. It just seems odd that something brand new of major investment has to be gotten rid of, usually without the case that comes with it. My newest BIG purchase 685534

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:14 am

Nah this guy had a hardshell case with it and it really did look like it was in great condition, but i'll never know now haha

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Nah this guy had a hardshell case with it and it really did look like it was in great condition, but i'll never know now haha

I've seen quite a few offered without the case and wondered what was up with that. Anyways let me know how you dig the Pearl's after breaking em in onstage.

Laterz

PostSubject: Re: My newest BIG purchase   My newest BIG purchase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My newest BIG purchase
Page 1 of 1