Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

iPodMeister

Go down 
+4
Svengo
thejokeriv
Rex
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:44 pm

http://ipodmeister.com/

Anybody else ever done this? I've shipped about 300 discs to them this week....we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Never even heard of it. So what the heck are they doing with all the CDs people send them??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 pm

I have no clue. Maybe selling them online?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Wow, let us know what happens.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Yeah - sounds interesting. I wonder if the ipod's fell off the back of a truck!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 pm

This was kind of intriguing to me so I did a bit of research and it looks like they sell all the discs overseas. It looks like there are quite a few countries where demand for physical cds is still pretty high. Several online resources were estimating that they probably take in anywhere from 150,000 to 400,000 cds a year now.

They not only trade you items like new ipods and ipones but depending on the size of your collection they will work some cash into the deal as well. In one article the owner stated that the lagest collection he had taken in was one with over 7000 cds.

It's also interesting to note that they offer ripping of all your cds to whatever backup medium you chose for an extra cost as well. Since they will send you whatever item you traded for plus cash (if applicable) as well as "backups" of your music and they keep your cds to sell you think the RIAA would be all over this company seeing as how much business they seem to do. Of course people do this all the time when they make copies of their collection and then sell the originals but they are not doing this on a large scale like these guys.
Back to top Go down

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:50 pm

All I know is that I have 300 less CDs cluttering my house and (hopefully) an external hard drive headed my way soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Svengo wrote:
This was kind of intriguing to me so I did a bit of research and it looks like they sell all the discs overseas. It looks like there are quite a few countries where demand for physical cds is still pretty high. Several online resources were estimating that they probably take in anywhere from 150,000 to 400,000 cds a year now.

They not only trade you items like new ipods and ipones but depending on the size of your collection they will work some cash into the deal as well. In one article the owner stated that the lagest collection he had taken in was one with over 7000 cds.

It's also interesting to note that they offer ripping of all your cds to whatever backup medium you chose for an extra cost as well. Since they will send you whatever item you traded for plus cash (if applicable) as well as "backups" of your music and they keep your cds to sell you think the RIAA would be all over this company seeing as how much business they seem to do. Of course people do this all the time when they make copies of their collection and then sell the originals but they are not doing this on a large scale like these guys.

Maybe they only sell the CDs in countries where the RIAA has no jurisdiction? iPodMeister Icon_scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Svengo wrote:

Maybe they only sell the CDs in countries where the RIAA has no jurisdiction? iPodMeister Icon_scratch

I thought about that but usually countries where the RIAA has no power are the very ones where pirated copies of everything are so common and originals don't have that much value. This company is also based in New York where the RIAA certainly have jurisdiction.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 am

For the price of 300 CD's I could probably buy 10 external harddrives...

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:39 am

Yea I think thats kind of a rip off. Do you even know what kind of hard drive it is? Also the prices of those will be coming down around christmas time. I'll be getting one then.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:17 pm

i bought a 120g ipod & a western digital 500g external some time back for under $400. 300 cds would cost way more than that i think.

as long as you're happy with the switch though, that's all that matters.

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:30 pm

It works for me because I keep the files, and don't have an extra 300 CDs cluttering up my house. 300 CDs that I would never get around to listening to.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Spec_In_Rock wrote:
It works for me because I keep the files, and don't have an extra 300 CDs cluttering up my house. 300 CDs that I would never get around to listening to.

Next time you feel like unloading 300 CDs, send'em my way. I'll gladly give them a good home for ya. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Sooooo hey Spec, whatever happened with this dilly-O? Didja get your pre-loaded iPod or whatever?

Back to top Go down

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Funny you brought this up. I got my Western Digital 1TB hard drive, 9 DVDs of MP3s at 256kbps and a check for $48.00 in the mail today. I'm happy. Smile
Back to top Go down

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Funny you brought this up. I got my Western Digital 1TB hard drive, 9 DVDs of MP3s at 256kbps and a check for $48.00 in the mail today. I'm happy. Smile

And I'm jealous... iPodMeister Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Nice, I might have to do some spring cleaning myself now!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:59 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I doubt I'd ever use the service myself, but it's nice to see that they came through with their end of the deal. Congrats to you, Spec.

iPodMeister Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPodMeister   iPodMeister Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iPodMeister
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: