Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scottish bands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Scottish bands Empty
PostSubject: Scottish bands   Scottish bands Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:03 pm

I've always been a big fan of the Sweet, and Alex Harvey (SAHB). I've been getting into Nazareth more since I got an old video by them, too. So why is it that I can't think of any more Scottish Hard Rock or Metal bands?
I admit I'm a little spacey today. I need someone to jump start my brain by throwing some names out there. I'm sure there are several Scottish Metal bands that I know and love, but maybe I just haven't dwelt on the fact that they're Scottish. I'm gonna feel real stupid when you name some obvious ones, but I'm just drawing a blank right now. Help!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Scottish bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scottish bands   Scottish bands Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:07 pm

how about the nwobhm band Holocaust? i think they were scottish.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Scottish bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scottish bands   Scottish bands Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 12:56 am

I'll look at my Nightcomers CD. Holocaust rules!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Scottish bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scottish bands   Scottish bands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 5:51 pm

Confirmed. Holocaust was a great band from Edinburgh, who degenerated into "Hologram" a half-hearted melodic metal band that wasn't all that melodic. Pity.

Anyway, I knew I would run across some more bands that I knew well, but never had never really conceptualized as being Scottish. Here's one that I found right under me kilt, next to me bagpipes...

The Almighty- Powertrippin' album
From Glasgow. I spun this again after many years on the shelf. I used to like it quit a lot, although I remember that the rest of the catologue didn't do much for me (don't remember why). It was a big seller in the UK, flopped in the USA.
Actually it reminds me a little of some of the "Neo-hard rock" that I've been grooving on lately, although it comes from a whole different time and direction. I hear a slight The Cult (Astbury) influence, and maybe a little Alice In Chains. This arrives not too far from the current band "We're Alll Gonna Die", that I've been into. Despite the name, not all that church friendly (another similarity to We're All Gonna Die).
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Scottish bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scottish bands   Scottish bands Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Drunken State were a Scottish power / thrash band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Scottish bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scottish bands   Scottish bands Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 am

I prefer Johnny Walker

Oh, we're not talking Scottish brands here.......

lol!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Scottish bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scottish bands   Scottish bands Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Where there are Scottish bands, you can be sure there are Scottish brands not too far away.
"Drunken State", perfect name for a Scottish band!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scottish bands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scottish bands   Scottish bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scottish bands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: