Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strange DIO interview.

Go down 
+10
metalken
DallasBlack
Metallic Blaze
Metal Misfit
jerseyultifan+
ultmetal
nevermore
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Strange DIO interview. Empty
PostSubject: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Weird but interesting...

RONNIE JAMES DIO: 'I Had A Guitar Player Who Had A Crooked rooster' - Oct. 27, 2009
Eleanor Goodman of Bizarre magazine recently conducted an interview with legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW, DIO). A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Bizarre: Do you believe in ghosts?

Dio: When I was in RAINBOW, we were at a place called the Château, north of Paris. There wasn't a lot to do other than record, so one day we had a séance. We contacted this woman named Sarah who kept saying nothing but "Kill Thomas, kill Thomas, kill Thomas." This went on for a week. So we asked Sarah some questions, and found out Thomas was her son, who she wanted us to kill because he killed her, in childbirth. We asked if we could talk to someone else and the glass started to go everywhere. It said: "I am Baal. I create chaos. You will never finish this project." It got a lot more involved than that. That's the tip of the iceberg.

Bizarre: What's the closest you've come to death?

Dio: An automobile accident in the early days of ELF. Our driver was killed, as well as my best friend and lead guitar player. I went through the windscreen and then back, ripped a part of my scalp off, broke a leg and broke an arm. One of the guitar players in the back hit his face on the engine and had 16 stitches near his eye, and one almost had his legs amputated… it just went on and on. Just a horrible experience.

Bizarre: What does your orgasm face look like?

Dio: I don't know… I don't think I've ever really looked! Probably white and sticky.

Bizarre: Have you ever seen any quirky genitalia?

Dio: I had a guitar player who had a crooked rooster. It was hard to miss; I guess he was proud of it. Sometimes we had to pee together and you know, you check it out.

Bizarre: I thought you weren't meant to!

Dio: Yeah, you can sneak a peek! You can look and go, "Holy, look at the size…" and then tell your friends, "Some guy was in the toilet with a knob like a bell!" But you don't give it a stare, for sure.

Bizarre: What's the oddest thing you've eaten?

Dio: I don't eat vegetables, because I can't stand the sliminess – like green beans. Or anything that looks like it's got something still growing inside it. I do eat potatoes, they're like a quasi-vegetable; and I'll eat tomatoes as long as they're crushed up in a sauce. Other than that, I only eat meat. So, kangaroo.

Bizarre: And now, the classic Bizarre challenge: choose between coprophilia, necrophilia and bestiality and explain your decision.

Dio: If I had to choose, bestiality. I certainly don't want to screw any dead people and I don't want to eat smurf poo; at least there's some kind of sexualness going on in the other one that I can get a live perspective on, anyway.

Read the entire interview from Bizarre magazine.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:47 pm

I took a look at their website out of curosity. Apparently, they use these same basic questions for allot of interviews, sorta like what Metal Sludge used to do with their "20 Questions" feature. Dee Snider and Duff McKagen are interviewed too.

A word of warning for those that click on the link to Bizarre Magazine. It's on the NSFW-ish kinda side. No outright naked-ness (not that I could find. Yet.), but it has some content that might get you called into the Human Resourses Department.

EDIT: I found nudity on the website. It took awhile and I searched long and hard for any signs of boobage or nip-slips. And low & behold I found some. As a warning for all of you that find that sort of thing unsavory, of course.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Quote :
but it has some content that might get you called into the Human Resourses Department.

It's what programmers are paid the big bucks for. Strange DIO interview. Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
EDIT: I found nudity on the website. It took awhile and I searched long and hard for any signs of boobage or nip-slips. And low & behold I found some. As a warning for all of you that find that sort of thing unsavory, of course.

Way to take one for the team... Strange DIO interview. Lol
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Strange DIO interview. 201269

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:48 pm

No problem. Just doing my part to make sure noone here gets into any hot water for looking at something they shouldn't. If I'm guilty of anything, it's working too hard to find offensive content. It's a dirty horse, but somebody's gotta ride it. Might as well be me. Strange DIO interview. 337331

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Strange DIO interview. Lol
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:25 pm

What an incredibly stupid interview.

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:20 pm

agreed! bring on the christian metal!! Strange DIO interview. Icon_cheers dio is lame!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Dio rules. One of my favorite vocalists. However, the interviewer was asking useless, ridiculous questions.
Strange DIO interview. 170371

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 am

I understand where he's coming from with vegetables. I stay away from most of those and fruit just because I don't like the texture of them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 am

how did i know you were going to say that? lol! sorry,but,i loved rob halford better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 am

ultmetal wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I love Dio - they are one of my all time favorite bands, and Ronnie James is in my top 3 favorite vocalists of all time.

however, that interview was pretty meaningless.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:00 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I love Dio - they are one of my all time favorite bands, and Ronnie James is in my top 3 favorite vocalists of all time.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:06 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Well, it was from a website called Bizarre. So for a music interview it was meaningless, but for the subject matter of the website, not that far off.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:59 am

most of us here are already aware of blabbermouth. is it necessary to repost every article?

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Quote :
is it necessary to repost every article?

Every article?? I post up a few here and there that i think are interesting. If you don't like it don't read them. Isn't this place for metal related discussion? Why does everything have to be so serious? Strange DIO interview. Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Every article?? I post up a few here and there that i think are interesting. If you don't like it don't read them. Isn't this place for metal related discussion? Why does everything have to be so serious? Strange DIO interview. Icon_rolleyes

TZ he may be referring to me, I am very guilty of just posting the entire article on some of these threads.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

TZ he may be referring to me, I am very guilty of just posting the entire article on some of these threads.

No, manny. I was the author... unless a mod/administrator tells me it's not allowed then who cares?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:12 pm

All I can say is Dio obviously has a good sense of humor, as he willingly answered all of those stupid questions.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
All I can say is Dio obviously has a good sense of humor, as he willingly answered all of those stupid questions.

That's what i'm saying Freddy. I was shocked that DIO would do an interview like that and his willingness to be silly. Most people think DIO is serious all the time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's what i'm saying Freddy. I was shocked that DIO would do an interview like that and his willingnes to be silly. Most people think DIO is serious all the time.

Then again, you gotta figure he's probably tired of endlessly answering the same interview questions over and over again. i.e. "What are your feelings on your newest album? What was it like working with Tony Iommi again? Is Ritchie Blackmore really a d*ck?" etc., etc.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's what i'm saying Freddy. I was shocked that DIO would do an interview like that and his willingnes to be silly. Most people think DIO is serious all the time.

Then again, you gotta figure he's probably tired of endlessly answering the same interview questions over and over again. i.e. "What are your feelings on your newest album? What was it like working with Tony Iommi again? Is Ritchie Blackmore really a d*ck?" etc., etc.

Yeah, even though the interview was stupid it was probably a breath of fresh air for him and a break from the routine.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 pm

I thought the questions about his phobias and the ghost were interesting. DIO is a mysterious guy after all. Strange DIO interview. Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:17 am

jerseyultifan+ wrote:
agreed! bring on the christian metal!! Strange DIO interview. Icon_cheers dio is lame!

If any possessed people attack, assume I'm behind it.

Dio
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange DIO interview.   Strange DIO interview. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange DIO interview.
Page 1 of 1