Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L7

Go down 
+4
mc666
Fat Freddy
manny
Metallic Blaze
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

L7 Empty
PostSubject: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Here's a grunge band that I really do like. These girls (an all girl band) from L.A. really knew how to rock!

I have one of their albums and it's a regular player for me when I'm in a more non-metal mood.

Any other fans?

L7 L7_1999
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:15 am

L7 are very cool band and released a few cool albums in the midst of the alternative nation era.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:26 am

Love'em! I started a thread about 'em here a while back but it got about zero responses.

They were uglier than sin but they could rock like muthafuggas. SMELL THE MAGIC and BRICKS ARE HEAVY are essential.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love'em! I started a thread about 'em here a while back but it got about zero responses.

They were uglier than sin but they could rock like muthafuggas. SMELL THE MAGIC and BRICKS ARE HEAVY are essential.

I don't have either one of those, but I'll track em down based on your recommend.

I have "The Beauty Process: Triple Platinum", and it's a fine album!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:30 pm

i have the first 3 & like them pretty good. Bricks Are Heavy is my fave of them.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Bricks Are Heavy was OK but nothing to write home about and the main part of Pretend That We're Dead was a rip off of Suicidal Tendencies-I Saw You're Mommy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:22 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I don't have either one of those, but I'll track em down based on your recommend.

You don't have BRICKS ARE HEAVY? That's their lone "hit" album. Features their most well known track, "Pretend We're Dead." The rest is good stuff too.
I never heard THE BEAUTY PROCESS though. I started to lose interest in L7 after the HUNGRY FOR STINK album (follow up to BRICKS...) which was kinda lame (save for the single "Andres").

DallasBlack wrote:
the main part of Pretend That We're Dead was a rip off of Suicidal Tendencies-I Saw You're Mommy.

Hmmm... I dig both songs and I can't say I've ever noticed the resemblance. Puddle of Mudd have a song that rips off the "I Saw Your Mommy" riff wholesale, though. Can't remember the name of it though (I wanna say "She Hates Me" but I'm not sure if that's the title...)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You don't have BRICKS ARE HEAVY? That's their lone "hit" album. Features their most well known track, "Pretend We're Dead." The rest is good stuff too.
I never heard THE BEAUTY PROCESS though. I started to lose interest in L7 after the HUNGRY FOR STINK album (follow up to BRICKS...) which was kinda lame (save for the single "Andres").

DallasBlack wrote:
the main part of Pretend That We're Dead was a rip off of Suicidal Tendencies-I Saw You're Mommy.

Hmmm... I dig both songs and I can't say I've ever noticed the resemblance. Puddle of Mudd have a song that rips off the "I Saw Your Mommy" riff wholesale, though. Can't remember the name of it though (I wanna say "She Hates Me" but I'm not sure if that's the title...)

Thats the song Keith!

And I agree with the album recommendations and the uglier than ugly statement, but they sure could rock out!
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Yes, they were pretty good. I remember liking them better than Babes in Toyland, a similar type of group. "Bricks are Heavy" is good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:26 pm

A favorite of mine. Love every album, though Slap Happy wasn't all that great. And, man, their live album is ATROCIOUS! Every copy in existence should be destroyed. It's worse that Helstar's live disc.

Transmiticate, by Donita Sparks and the Stellar Moments, is really good, too.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
A favorite of mine. Love every album, though Slap Happy wasn't all that great. And, man, their live album is ATROCIOUS! Every copy in existence should be destroyed. It's worse that Helstar's live disc.

Transmiticate, by Donita Sparks and the Stellar Moments, is really good, too.

I've never heard their live album, but thanks for the warning! I'll try to avoid that one.

I'll also try to pick up Donita Spark's solo album. Is it the same style as L7?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L7
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: