Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Lynch Mob

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
manny
MetalFRO
Wicked Rick
Metal Misfit
Metallic Blaze
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:08 pm

Wow, I couldn't find a thread about this, did anyone get it? It's very good, more groove oriented then I expected but some tasty solos and Oni sounds good, deeper then the first album. It's worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm

I've been contemplating getting this. It's not on the list yet though.

Glad to hear it sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:39 pm

I ordered a couple of things from CD Universe on Sunday and this was one of them. Will be arriving tomorrow.

I really liked Wicked Sensation, but haven't heard anything else from them. I love supporting the veteran bands by getting their latest releases, so I figured why not. I've heard some really good things about it. I think Melodic Rock.com gave it somewhere in the 80% range (if not higher).
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Boo Berry cereal rules!! Don't think they sell it in my area any longer? New Lynch Mob Angry
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I ordered a couple of things from CD Universe on Sunday and this was one of them. Will be arriving tomorrow.

I really liked Wicked Sensation, but haven't heard anything else from them. I love supporting the veteran bands by getting their latest releases, so I figured why not. I've heard some really good things about it. I think Melodic Rock.com gave it somewhere in the 80% range (if not higher).

"Wicked Sensation" is classic - I've got that on cassette. However, if you haven't heard the S/T followup, you're missing out. It's fantastic, and has excellent song writing. There's not as much shredding going on, but George really lets the songs breathe, and the album is stronger for it. Their cover of "Tie Your Mother Down" is awesome as well. Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:55 pm

MetalFRO wrote:

"Wicked Sensation" is classic - I've got that on cassette. However, if you haven't heard the S/T followup, you're missing out. It's fantastic, and has excellent song writing. There's not as much shredding going on, but George really lets the songs breathe, and the album is stronger for it. Their cover of "Tie Your Mother Down" is awesome as well. Highly recommended!

The follow up was a very good album but I missed Oni on Vocals, he was in superb form on WS and is a better vocalist than Robert in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Honestly, unless you're listening to them very closely, their styles of singing and voices are so similar that you may not notice at first. Same thing with the guy who originally sang for Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Mark Slaughter sounded a lot like him, except that Mark had a richer voice.

Maybe I need to go back & listen to "Wicked Sensation" again, but I never heard that much difference in Oni & Robert's voices & styles. Maybe too it's because I had the S/T first, and heard it a lot before I ever scored a copy of WS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:08 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Honestly, unless you're listening to them very closely, their styles of singing and voices are so similar that you may not notice at first. Same thing with the guy who originally sang for Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Mark Slaughter sounded a lot like him, except that Mark had a richer voice.

Maybe I need to go back & listen to "Wicked Sensation" again, but I never heard that much difference in Oni & Robert's voices & styles. Maybe too it's because I had the S/T first, and heard it a lot before I ever scored a copy of WS.

It could have something to do with me playing the tape and then CD to death when I purchased it first, I guess in that way if I was to bring a Lynch Mob CD to work then 99 times out of 100 I'd choose WS, to me the album was a much catchier release and Heavier, "Tie your Mother Down" is excellent though.

Last edited by Locky on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:07 pm

Locky wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:

The follow up was a very good album but I missed Oni on Vocals, he was in superb form on WS and is a better vocalist than Robert in my opinion.

I second this opinion.
Back to top Go down

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:59 pm

No one got the new one? Wow. I love Wicked Sensation, it was Lynch unhinged and the S/T was just a little step down.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Thanks FRO, I'll add the debut to my wishlist! I haven't listened to this one yet, or any of the albums I got in today.

Wicked Rick wrote:
Boo Berry cereal rules!! Don't think they sell it in my area any longer? New Lynch Mob Angry

Should be available now. Boo and Franken are usually sold in Target and Walmart around Halloween, but are harder to find the rest of the year.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:58 am

I was able to listen to all of it yesterday going to and from work. It's pretty good bluesy stuff.

I need to give it another listen because I swear on some songs I'm hearing some type of high pitch noise in the background. Anyone else getting this?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:44 am

I had the Wicked Sensation tape when it came out and i remember liking the guitar solos a lot. (River of Love) was a fav...
Back to top Go down

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:41 am

Troublezone wrote:
I had the Wicked Sensation tape when it came out and i remember liking the guitar solos a lot. (River of Love) was a fav...

There are so many terrific songs on that album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:32 am

Locky wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

There are so many terrific songs on that album.

Yep.
Back to top Go down

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Oni Logan is an excellent singer, but I've always been partial to Robert Mason...that dude is killer! His stuff w/ CRY OF LOVE and live stuff w/ WARRANT is also great!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:49 pm

I got this on the way in to work today and will spin it tomorrow. Peace.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:57 pm

I'm on my 3rd spin today. I really like it. Oni sounds terrific and GL never disapoints.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:22 pm

I've got it and I like it a lot...best thing they've done since Wicked Sensation.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:04 pm

No one else hearing that high pitch noise in the background?
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

Never noticed it and now I'm listening to the album again specifically trying to hear something like you're describing and I don't hear it.

Do you hear it in every song or a specific song?

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Never noticed it and now I'm listening to the album again specifically trying to hear something like you're describing and I don't hear it.

Do you hear it in every song or a specific song?

I'll have to listen to it again to give details, but not every song. It's really noticeable to me on the third track, but it seems to come and go during songs and it is not on every song. Could it just be some percussion I'm hearing? New Lynch Mob Icon_biggrin Whatever it is, it's annoying to MY ears.

If anything was wrong with it, I knew you'd catch, so I'm probably just crazy.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Yeah...I don't hear it at all and I know a lot of guys who have the album and no one's said anything to me about that. There are all kinds of background guitar sounds goin' on throughout the album.

I'm glad you posted about it, though, cuz I'm listening to the album again because of it and it's just such a fantastic album.

Performances, recording, mixing, mastering...this is how it's done folks!

Also...it's awfully nice to hear Oni's voice with Lynch's guitars again.

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm liking this more each listen. It's not Wicked Sensation II but it's definitely quality.
Back to top Go down

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 am

This album is a great example of a band remembering their roots and forging ahead...songs like "Lucky Man" have a modern flair while others like "Let The Music Be Your Master" and "My Kind Of Healer" are classic Hard Rock swagger in full effect! Loving it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Lynch Mob Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Lynch Mob   New Lynch Mob Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Lynch Mob
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: