Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Empty
PostSubject: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:10 am

Grave Digger posted on their homepage that Manni Schmidt left the band. I'm curious who will follow.

Quote :

2009-10-08 MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER

Hello GRAVE DIGGER Fans,

we have to make an announcement that most of you probably never expected.
A band like GRAVE DIGGER has to develop constantly. The problem is that this is only possible if the musicians have the same goal and the same attitude.
And they have to feel good with what they are doing.
If you have some permanent stress in the band, there is no more productive work possible and in the long run the music suffers from this situation.
Unfortunately there were so many disagreements recently building up between Manni and Chris, that this would affect the productivity and creativity in a bad way.
Because of all this Manni decided to leave GRAVE DIGGER.
This happened by mutual consent . We wish Manni all the best for the future and say thank you for many nice and eventful years.
But we also have some good news:
There is no effect on the concerts that are already booked.
The last word about the replacement guitar player is not spoken yet.
"We first want to wait for the results of the rehearsals. After this we will introduce you to the replacement guitarist. We already spoke to a possible candidate and we will start the rehearsals in the next days."

Up the Irons

Chris, Stefan, HP and Jens
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:29 am

Whoa... didn't see this coming but I guess I should have since I believe he was having problems when they hired the second guitarist as well.

Grave Digger isn't really such a technical band. I wonder if he was tired of playing the same sort of guitar patterns for all these years.

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:11 am

Yea all the albums sound the bloody same lately, but Thilo coming in for one album had to have been an insult for Manni, I wonder will Thilo be back ?

Hopefully they'll fold.

"Up the Irons" ??? wtf
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:45 am

thats annoying. I hope they find some new blood to give them some adventure again...

Alex

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Locky wrote:
Yea all the albums sound the bloody same lately, but Thilo coming in for one album had to have been an insult for Manni, I wonder will Thilo be back ?

Hopefully they'll fold.

"Up the Irons" ??? wtf

MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Lol what?! Hopefully they fold? Your a bloody bonkers!

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:17 am

Locky wrote:
but Thilo coming in for one album had to have been an insult for Manni, I wonder will Thilo be back ?

If the reason for Thilo's leave was that it didn't worked with Manni, then this could be a good option. Thilo toured with them and knows the material. And the band knows Thilo...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:47 am

Yay! Another quality band down the tubes! MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Quote :

2009-10-21

Hello GRAVE DIGGER Fans,

yesterday we had the first rehearsal with our replacement guitarist AXEL RITT (Domain).

Everything went well and we have a positive feeling about the upcoming concerts, Axel was learning our live program in only 3 weeks.

Congratulations !!

He is a good old friend of Stefan and Chris and for now he will be the replacement guitar player until the end of the year.

We will make a final decision at the beginning of January.
But now we are excited about the upcoming gigs...

Up the Irons,

Chris,Stefan,HP and Jens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:31 pm

I guess this takes them past the few live shows, Domain must have 10 or so albums out and hardly any of them are worth speaking about apart from maybe "Crack in the Wall" from 1990 and that's more of a Rock output.

Ohh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Too bad, Manni can't seem to stick in a band very long. Hope this works out as I have love their recent output.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:29 am

Gutted that Manni has left. I thought all the albums that he played on were excellent especially The Grave Digger.
Hope they get someone else. Would be a shame if this excellent metal band called it quits.
You never know, maybe Uwe Lulis will rejoin don\'t know
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 am

INVADERS wrote:
You never know, maybe Uwe Lulis will rejoin MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER 436688

I don't think that this will happen, because there was too much trouble between Chris and Uwe in the past. And I have the feeling that the things are going good in Rebellion for Uwe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:38 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Too bad, Manni can't seem to stick in a band very long.

Huh? MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_scratch He was in Rage for 6 years and Grave Digger for almost 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Ok that didn't sound right. He's been in longer then many but as good as he is, i'd think they'd want him around for the long haul. Does seem the music world is a revolving door more and more. Grave Digger was 10? I still think of him as the new guitarist.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:27 pm

I hope they come back stronger than ever Smile GD is one of my favs but they seemed to have lacked that special touch on the last cd. It is good but not great.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:44 pm

ghost wrote:
And I have the feeling that the things are going good in Rebellion for Uwe.

Yea and considering that Rebellion are out selling Grave Digger nowadays with their albums, as they say "if it aint broke don't fix it"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER   MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANNI SCHMIDT LEFT GRAVE DIGGER
Page 1 of 1