Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SG-U (Stargate Universe)

Go down 
+2
Svengo
James B.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Empty
PostSubject: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:01 am

Saw the previews ALL summer long on Sy/Fy and really wasn't expecting much. KInda/Sorta figured they ran the course with the other two shows ? Actually the previews only gave a small clue of what the premise of the show was all about. I feel they have set up a good story line, hopefully it doesn't turn into the boring drama that Battlestar Galactica became. Any other sci/fi dudes/geeks/bozos watch ? If so what was your take on the show right out the gate ?

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:38 am

I watched it last night and I ended up really liking it. I've watched quite a bit of the SG-1 series and have caught a few episodes of the Atlantis series and though I know this is only a first episode, I thought it may be the best thing they've done on tv with this franchise yet.

The acting is tons better in this than in the other series with frankly what seems to be a much better cast here. They certainly are going for a slightly different feel with the writing, directing and production here.

Quote :
hopefully it doesn't turn into the boring drama that Battlestar Galactica became.

I may be wrong here but I thought there was a bit of a Battlestar influence in this episode. (a series that I for one thought was awesome) It makes sense considering how that series got people who didn't like sci-fi to watch it. I think they're hoping for similar success with this show.

*Spoilers*

I'm assuming that the whole planet stopover with the 12 hour time limit thing there at the end is the device that they're gonna use to advance the plot in each episode. I would guess that many of the episodes will be these periodic planet stopovers with them picking up supplies to keep the deteriorating ship from falling apart.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:46 pm

I love all the Stargate series especially the one after the movie series!

Anyone have the 3 movies?

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I love all the Stargate series especially the one after the movie series!

Anyone have the 3 movies?

Wargod50

I do - plus Children of the Gods re-release! I am a SG fanatic actually.

I watched SGU a couple times now and I agree they were going for the grittier, Battlestar look to the show. I liked the first episode but it was a little disjointed at times. I like the characters so far and aside from the fact the premise is very close to Star trek: Voyager it was a good first time out.

Alex

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Didn't know about this! Figures I'd have a new show to follow with my busy schedule. I will probably wait until they start showing reruns of this.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am

the second episode was ok. They are still trying too hard to be Battlestar. It is a nice change from the normal SG formula though..

on a separate note - the new episide of Sanctuary was awful, and I really like the series. They are getting way too artsy in trying to do different cuts and angles..

Alex

SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:14 pm

I enjoyed the original film but never really got into the mini-series. Mainly b/c Kurt Russel wasn't in them Razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
I enjoyed the original film but never really got into the mini-series. Mainly b/c Kurt Russel wasn't in them SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_razz

that was a plus for me.. RDA did a much better Oneil than Russell. I do like KR in big trouble in Little China though...

Alex

Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 2:13 pm

exact33 wrote:
on a separate note - the new episide of Sanctuary was awful, and I really like the series. They are getting way too artsy in trying to do different cuts and angles..

Alex

I've tried to watch Sanctuary but I just can't get into it. I mainly cringe every time the chick from the Stargate series opens her mouth with that horribly fake British accent. She's gotta realize that it sounds so crappy.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Anybody here still watching this show?
They're up to ep. 5 and I'm stilll diggin' it. It seems to have gotten better (at least to me) with each ep. The show still has a much more serious tone than the other SG series (it's most certainly borrowing from Battlestar Galactica) which is a good or bad thing depending on your tastes.
All in all I like it and hope it stays on the air a while.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Svengo wrote:
Anybody here still watching this show?
They're up to ep. 5 and I'm stilll diggin' it. It seems to have gotten better (at least to me) with each ep. The show still has a much more serious tone than the other SG series (it's most certainly borrowing from Battlestar Galactica) which is a good or bad thing depending on your tastes.
All in all I like it and hope it stays on the air a while.

I like it and am still following it. You are correct - the tone is a lot different but it is interesting to watch.

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SG-U (Stargate Universe)   SG-U  (Stargate Universe) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SG-U (Stargate Universe)
Page 1 of 1