Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Immortal

Go down 
+8
stormspell
JBall_Z
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
krokus
Lurideath
mc666
Conservationist
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

New Immortal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:24 am

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
That's kinda what happened with the new Metallica IMHO. That album is awesome! And it's just not good enough for older fans because ... it has some modern elements? Know what I mean?

Exactly, I mean, Metallica being a beefy example. While we all can agree St. Anger was a flop, Death Magnetic is a good Metallica album! People get in their head, a particular perception of how a band should sound like. Everything else that doesn't sound like that causes conflict, especially if they move towards a subgenre of music that carries with it a negative stigma (e.g. metalcore, nu-metal, etc).

If a band sounds (exactly, or close to) the same as when they debuted then they probably won't be successful commercially and or musically as they don't progress or develop.

Many bands (Slayer, Exodus, Kreator, Megadeth, Immortal, etc) debut with the 'raw' talent and ideas and a level musicianship that reflects a new band. The production isn't the best, the songwriting isn't as developed.

As they all progressed, their sounds developed, production steadily got better as did songwritting and ideas (typically).

It's only natural to refine/re-define the style of riffing/soloing ,etc. Gotta keep it relatively fresh.

UPDATE: I'd buy that Immortal album from hearing Arctic Swarm ALONE!! OMG!!!!! That song is SO . . . FRAKKING. . .AWESOME!

Oh heck yah!!! I am gonna buy that new Immortal album before the end of the year for sure!

I also agree with what you said.

New Immortal - Page 2 31755
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
That's kinda what happened with the new Metallica IMHO. That album is awesome! And it's just not good enough for older fans because ... it has some modern elements? Know what I mean?

Exactly, I mean, Metallica being a beefy example. While we all can agree St. Anger was a flop, Death Magnetic is a good Metallica album! People get in their head, a particular perception of how a band should sound like. Everything else that doesn't sound like that causes conflict, especially if they move towards a subgenre of music that carries with it a negative stigma (e.g. metalcore, nu-metal, etc).

If a band sounds (exactly, or close to) the same as when they debuted then they probably won't be successful commercially and or musically as they don't progress or develop.

Many bands (Slayer, Exodus, Kreator, Megadeth, Immortal, etc) debut with the 'raw' talent and ideas and a level musicianship that reflects a new band. The production isn't the best, the songwriting isn't as developed.

As they all progressed, their sounds developed, production steadily got better as did songwritting and ideas (typically).

It's only natural to refine/re-define the style of riffing/soloing ,etc. Gotta keep it relatively fresh.

UPDATE: I'd buy that Immortal album from hearing Arctic Swarm ALONE!! OMG!!!!! That song is SO . . . FRAKKING. . .AWESOME!

Oh heck yah!!! I am gonna buy that new Immortal album before the end of the year for sure!

I also agree with what you said.

New Immortal - Page 2 31755

Nice avatar btw
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Thanks dude!!!

New Immortal - Page 2 877540
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:02 pm

http://www.myspace.com/immortalofficial

Immortal has posted the title track of the new album on their Myspace page. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:08 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/immortalofficial

Immortal has posted the title track of the new album on their Myspace page. Awesome!

That song is way black metal.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 pm

YES IT IS!!! Anyone who says it's not is 'a few fries short of a Happy Meal'.

IF ya know what I mean.

New Immortal - Page 2 337545
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 pm

New Immortal - Page 2 Headbang

Now if my copy will just get here.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Quote :
Anyone who says it's not is 'a few fries short of a Happy Meal'.

You got that right.

'All Shall Fall' shall be mine!!! (Eventually...heh heh)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Got my copy today. New Immortal - Page 2 877540
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:24 pm

nevermore wrote:

Have you got to crank it yet? What do you think of it as a whole?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Have you got to crank it yet? What do you think of it as a whole?

I think it's pretty good. It has traces of their last couple of albums plus a little bit of the I sound in there too.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:30 am

COOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Immortal   New Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Immortal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2