Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forget a artist/album?

Go down 
+4
GrandNational
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Forget a artist/album? Empty
PostSubject: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 8:31 pm

Have you ever been hanging out/visting with someone and have them put on one of your cd's (or mp3) and you have no clue as to who it is or what album it is? This has happened to me a few times. Where my friend will look through my music then put something on that I forgot I owned and forgot who it was. Am I alone, or has this happened to others?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 8:49 pm

This actually happened to me earlier today!! My brother and I went out for a drive in his car and he happened to have Overkill's W.F.O. in the CD player. Maybe it was because I was so shocked to hear a band I actually liked coming from his stereo (he's generally a death metal/grindcore guy) that it took me a minute into the first song before I realized "Oh yea, this is Overkill!" Duh me. Smile
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 8:58 pm

Nope, not that I can recall.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 9:04 pm

no, i'm usually pretty good at naming songs i hear after the first few seconds. my friends hate me for that.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 9:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
no, i'm usually pretty good at naming songs i hear after the first few seconds. my friends hate me for that.

I'm with you mc666. My friends think I'm crazy for calling out bands and songs when they come on. I usually have no problem telling who is playing.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:02 pm

I don't really recall, although I've had a song play in my head, and I'd think for a long time "Who is that?" for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 12:32 am

For me there's nothing worse (I mean nothing!) than hearing a melody or part of a song that is familier, but not being able to place it. It drives me absolutly ******* crazy!
Luckily this doesn't happen with my collection, as I can just go look at the display to identify it. But it does happen in grocery stores, or with background music on TV, etc.
What does happen with my own collection that is almost as bad, is when a song reminds me of another song (for example there is a Brainstorm song that reminds me of an old Memento Mori song, but it took me days to place it). I hate it when that happens!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 4:51 am

No.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:03 pm

This has happened to me, but I can't recall any significent incident though.

I sort of get tested by people every now and then, as they now I'm so deep into the metal scene, and every so often I can't seem to remember (that's what you get for wroking with paint thinner for 10 years!!!).

The last time someone tested me was at work 1 or 2 weeks ago. One of my co-workers was playing Cinderella, and asked me if I knew what it was. He had this smirk on his face aksing, but when I answered him 2 seconds later, the smirk was gone! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Forget a artist/album?   Forget a artist/album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forget a artist/album?
Page 1 of 1