Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This has got to be a mistake...

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
kmorg
manny
the sentinel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

This has got to be a mistake... Empty
PostSubject: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:46 pm

So, I was trying to get some info and prices on Tyketto and I see this:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=1392

I get the Michael Bolton thing, but was she a hard rock artist at one point too?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:41 pm

No she is wasn't (as far as I know) not a hard rock artist ever but her ex husband John 'Mutt' Lange did produce 3 AC/DC albums including the one represented on her t-shirt. Anyway she can wear whatever she wants, she is freaking hot!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:12 am

Looks like the album listed is some sort of compilation of her earlier material. Probably from befpre she became known (perhaps kinda like the Powerstation demos from John Bon Jovi?). So while I have no idea what she used to sound like, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she was more of a hard rock singer.

I must also say that I can totally hear the Def Leppard & AC/DC way of production in her albums after "Mutt" came into the picture.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:41 am

This has got to be a mistake... Shaniatwain
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:41 am

Before she got famous Shania did do some demos with Canadian AOR guy Paul Sabu that were sorta kinda somewhat in the hard rock vein. The reviews I've read of it seem to indicate it was similar to Heart's late 80s stuff.

This CD is circulating under a couple of different titles -- my father in law has a copy of it called "WILD & WICKED" that he bought it at a flea market a couple of years back (the booklet folded out into a yummy poster of Shania!)... he appreciated the visuals but was disappointed that the music wasn't country. He gave it one listen and said "What the hell's this rock n roll sh*t?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:47 am

I actually like her "Come on Over" CD
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:37 am

I loved the comment "What's next? Boy George: The Death Metal Years?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 am

manny wrote:
Anyway she can wear whatever she wants, she is freaking hot!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Before she got famous Shania did do some demos with Canadian AOR guy Paul Sabu that were sorta kinda somewhat in the hard rock vein. The reviews I've read of it seem to indicate it was similar to Heart's late 80s stuff.

This CD is circulating under a couple of different titles -- my father in law has a copy of it called "WILD & WICKED" that he bought it at a flea market a couple of years back (the booklet folded out into a yummy poster of Shania!)... he appreciated the visuals but was disappointed that the music wasn't country. He gave it one listen and said "What the hell's this rock n roll sh*t?" Laughing very hard

I hope he hooked you up with the cd!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I hope he hooked you up with the cd!!!!

He offered it to my wife but she didn't want it... as far as I know he still has it. I did explain its origins and he thought it was kinda cool that he had some "rare" recordings by her but musically it wasn't his thang.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Ahhh, okay. Thanks FF for the information. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This has got to be a mistake...   This has got to be a mistake... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This has got to be a mistake...
Page 1 of 1