Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever made the "Thank You" list?

Go down 
+23
Smindas
krokus
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
DallasBlack
exact33
Todd Jaymz
Lurideath
Rex
Temple of Blood
kmorg
mr.electric39
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
Required Fields
pricekillers001
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Ever made the "Thank You" list? Empty
PostSubject: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 9:02 am

So - Anyone here made the Thank You list in a bands liner notes?
I have not, that I know of, but know many people who have (including
Shiney). Tell us about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 11:53 am

My friend's punk band "Rubber Baby" included my name in the thanks list of their demo tape, but that was it for me.

However, my brother has been thanked on the inner sleeve of just about every Incantation album. He was good friends with their guitarist/leader John McEntee even before the band was formed, and in their early unsigned days my brother was their "fan correspondent," i.e. the guy who maintained the band's P.O. Box, sent out orders for shirts & demo tapes, and answered fan mail. Even though John moved to Cleveland many years ago now, my brother was still thanked as "Brian (Staff Member) Abt" in each new CD the band released, at least the last time I checked anyway...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 12:11 pm

I've been in a few of them, mostly for band's Ultimatum have supported.
Mortification, Conviction, Godfear and a few others I can't think of at
the moment.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 2:00 pm

yep, a band called One 30 Edge, whom i used to jam with before they were actually a full band. i actually introduced them to another drummer who wanted to record & tour. they did their first album with him.

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 2:20 pm

System Of A Down, Zero Hour, Stuck Mojo.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 6:26 pm

I have only ever made the 'Thanks" on "indie or unsigned" bands I have dealt with...

BALISTIC
SUTURE SEVEN
TUCSON SIMPSON
THE GRIMM

it's still cool....

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Quote :

Those are some pretty big names there!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 10:50 pm

I've been on several. A lot of times, I am referred to when speaking of the Christian Metal Realm. Most recently I was thanked (by name) in Time Spent Burning CD "Burned" and in Jon Hooper's CD. I think I was thanked in Liberty N' Justice's last album as well....might have been a CMR reference, however. There are a few others...can't remember them off the top of my head. Don Webster said I would be in the new Neon Cross liner notes...that would be cool...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:39 am

I have not... yet!
Back to top Go down
pricekillers001
Metal novice
Metal novice
pricekillers001

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Autumn Tears   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:56 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
So - Anyone here made the Thank You list in a bands liner notes?
I have not, that I know of, but know many people who have (including
Shiney). Tell us about it.

i have listed in "Autumn Tears - Love Poems for Dying Children... Act III. Winter and the Broken Angel" as i was distributing albums from the label Dark Symphonies at that time. and i also listed in a Finnish Black Metal zine, but i don't know why they listed me. (my friend let me know that, "hey, why your name here?) Very Happy

last 90's, i distributed some albums from following labels, The End, Dark Symphonies, Nocturnal Art Productions and some underground Death/Black metal labels. so for example, 1st pressing of "Odes of Ecstasy - Embossed Dream in Four Acts" and "Limbonic Art - Epitome Of Illusions" has my (nick) name in the distribution list of back insert.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 1:03 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 2:05 am

I was listed in the last two PLACE OF SKULLS releases: Love Through Blood and The Black is Never Far because I am friends with Victor Griffin and have been supporting and encouraging him for a few years.

I was also recently listed in the latest ANGRY LITTLE FREAK release, the comp called A Beautiful Legacy. Ian and I are also friends.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:04 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
Those are some pretty big names there!
That's because I'm awesome! lol!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 6:04 pm

No, but since a couple of the people I grew up with have become fairly successful songwriters, I am totally convinced (or at least really paranoid) that they have written songs inspired by a desire to ridicule me. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 6:34 pm

Bride- Live to Die...... 'Keven Crothers W.M.S.' white metal show

One of soldiers demo tapes.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:00 pm

I have been on the Once Dead DVD
I was on the last Ultmatum EP (I think...)
I also got on the list on the first Avenger Of Blood full-length
Griffin (The Norwegian one) had my name on two of their releases

I mght have forgotten 1 or 2

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 2:30 pm

I was thanked on some local band's albums and a Fates Warning tribute album that I helped get going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 2:38 pm

I was in Jamie Rowe's "Songs Of Heaven And Earth" thanks list and on Ted Poley's "Collateral Damage" thanks list...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 3:51 pm

I've been in a handful of thanks and credits, usually for obvious artwork related reasons, not because I'm ultra cool or anything.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 5:05 pm

I've been in quite a few.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 6:35 pm

kmorg wrote:
I have been on the Once Dead DVD
Yep, me too. Forgot that one.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 6:41 pm

Several local or unsigned bands, but also on Aversions last album there ever had-TJ
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 9:18 pm

Not me. I'm just a nobody anonymous fan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:00 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Bride- Live to Die...... 'Keven Crothers W.M.S.' white metal show

One of soldiers demo tapes.....

2 things:

1) I was also in the special thanks on Bride's "Live to Die". I met Dale and Troy back when I was a teen - and they were awesome. I used to talk to Dale and Troy on the phone for hours back in the 80s (before they got popular). They put my name in "Live to Die" and I was very honored.

2) I remember The White Metal Show! Kevin Crothers was awesome! I got turned onto a lot of cool bands that way (Deliverance, The Crucified, Second Chance, etc). You must have subscribed to White Throne mag?

So far I've been in 2 special thanks:

Bride - Live to Die
and
Ultimatum - Into the Pit

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

Last edited by on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 9:26 pm

Ive been in:

Sympathy - both releases
Avenger of Blood - complete annihilation

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever made the "Thank You" list?   Ever made the "Thank You" list? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever made the "Thank You" list?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: