Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)

Go down 
+9
MetalFRO
Wargod
nevermore
kmorg
Temple of Blood
325ad
Stender
Dave the Boss
stormspell
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Empty
PostSubject: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 pm

UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) RELEASES-090909-600px

In this batch:
ROTTING CORPSE - The Demos - Double CD DVD Set - forefathers of the Texan thrash metal. Collection of all demos (16 tunes) plus bonus live DVD to boot. Essential for fans of Gammacide, Heaven's Force, Devastation, Hammerwitch, Hellpreacher, and early Slayer.

MIDNIGHT PRIEST - Rainha De Magia Negra CD
- Portuguese street urchin gang giving early Iron Maiden the run for their money.

ANCIENT CROSS - Ancient Cross CD - Texan classic power metal following the steps of Reverend, early Metal Church, Syrus, Wyzard, early Crimson Glory, etc. Fans of epic metal with soaring vocals should take note.

NOVOY ZAVET (aka NEW TESTAMENT) - Apocalypse CD - Cult Orthodox Christian power/thrash metal with doomy overtones from the Soviet Union. This album was recorded in 1993 but never officially released on CD until now. For fans of Trouble, Solitude Aeturnus, Ultimatum, etc. Sung in English (albeit quite broken).

DARK BLACK - The Sellsword CD - best described as Early Lord Weird Slough Feg meets Thin Lizzy with some of the best twin axe work I've heard recently. Highly recommended. From Portland, Oregon.

TARGET - Mission Executed + Master Project Genesis + Demo 1986 Double CD set - Well known and respected 80s Belgian techno-thrashers followingi n the steps of them ighty Mekong Delta. You can save your money now from buying ugly bootlegs on ebay for $200 , just pick this beautiful double CD set which not only contains the highly collectible Demo 1986 as bonus, but also 16-page booklet with all lyrics, tons of archive pictures, and exclusive in-depth interview with founding guitarist Franky Van Aerde.

Exact release date and detailedi nfo to be posted on the label website (www.stormspell.com/label) soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:11 am

Awesome! The New Testament, Target and Rotting Coprse discs are essential. Don't know the other bands, so I'll check them out when I get round to it.

I always thought that they were called Novy Zavet though, not Novoy Zavet.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:05 am

Dude, I want the rotting corpse disc. Dave Gryder who played drums and vocals on the heaven force demos also plays on these demos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:08 am

I love the artwork on all these Stormspell releases. I wish I liked the music more.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:34 am

stormspell wrote:
UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) RELEASES-090909-600px

In this batch:
ROTTING CORPSE - The Demos - Double CD DVD Set - forefathers of the Texan thrash metal. Collection of all demos (16 tunes) plus bonus live DVD to boot. Essential for fans of Gammacide, Heaven's Force, Devastation, Hammerwitch, Hellpreacher, and early Slayer.

MIDNIGHT PRIEST - Rainha De Magia Negra CD
- Portuguese street urchin gang giving early Iron Maiden the run for their money.

ANCIENT CROSS - Ancient Cross CD - Texan classic power metal following the steps of Reverend, early Metal Church, Syrus, Wyzard, early Crimson Glory, etc. Fans of epic metal with soaring vocals should take note.

NOVOY ZAVET (aka NEW TESTAMENT) - Apocalypse CD - Cult Orthodox Christian power/thrash metal with doomy overtones from the Soviet Union. This album was recorded in 1993 but never officially released on CD until now. For fans of Trouble, Solitude Aeturnus, Ultimatum, etc. Sung in English (albeit quite broken).

DARK BLACK - The Sellsword CD - best described as Early Lord Weird Slough Feg meets Thin Lizzy with some of the best twin axe work I've heard recently. Highly recommended. From Portland, Oregon.

TARGET - Mission Executed + Master Project Genesis + Demo 1986 Double CD set - Well known and respected 80s Belgian techno-thrashers followingi n the steps of them ighty Mekong Delta. You can save your money now from buying ugly bootlegs on ebay for $200 , just pick this beautiful double CD set which not only contains the highly collectible Demo 1986 as bonus, but also 16-page booklet with all lyrics, tons of archive pictures, and exclusive in-depth interview with founding guitarist Franky Van Aerde.

Exact release date and detailedi nfo to be posted on the label website (www.stormspell.com/label) soon.

If I can ask how limited is the print run for these? Any chance you will reissue the older material by "Novoy Zaret"? Great Old School Doom!

Yeah, who does your art work? Killer covers!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 pm

I got those TARGET CDs last year ... I wish I had held off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:37 pm

I'll be checking out Ancient Cross. That description sounds great.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:18 pm

I've been looking for Ancient Cross forever. Is this a debut? I'm buying! Very Happy

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

How much did you pay?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Stender wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

How much did you pay?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 each IIRC.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
I always thought that they were called Novy Zavet though, not Novoy Zavet.

It is hard to transcribe a Cyrillic word in Latin, especially when it contains letters which have no equivalent. The closest phonetically would be between "noviy" and "novoy"
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Stender wrote:
Dude, I want the rotting corpse disc. Dave Gryder who played drums and vocals on the heaven force demos also plays on these demos.

He plays on some of them yes. I also got in stock the re-issue of HEAVEN'S FORCE by Open Grave records. It is quite a budget release package wise, but worth the cash for the music alone.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:41 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I love the artwork on all these Stormspell releases. I wish I liked the music more.

You and liking music? now that's an oxymoron Razz
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:47 pm

325ad wrote:
If I can ask how limited is the print run for these? Any chance you will reissue the older material by "Novoy Zaret"? Great Old School Doom!

All are pressed in 1000 copies, except for DARK BLACK which is limited to 500 (hand-numbered)

Quote :
Yeah, who does your art work? Killer covers!

MIDNIGHT PRIEST & ANCIENT CROSS artwork by Alan Lathwell
NOVOY ZAVET - Uwe Jarling
DARK BLACK - Halseycaust

ROTTING CORPSE & TARGET - original art by respective artists from the 80s (cant recall their names right now).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:53 pm

Looks like I know where I'll be spending some money come pay day.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:53 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

How much did you pay?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 each IIRC.

Good you didn't pay more coz those are bootlegs.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 pm

kmorg wrote:
I've been looking for Ancient Cross forever. Is this a debut? I'm buying! Very Happy

Yeah it is a debut, some 15 years in the making but well worth the wait for sure! Smile
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:57 pm

nevermore wrote:
Looks like I know where I'll be spending some money come pay day.

cheers humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:45 pm

stormspell wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

OUCH! Smile

Be sure to spit in the mailer when I order that Dark Black disc. Wink
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 pm

I'll be buying most of them!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:42 am

SpectreFate wrote:
stormspell wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

OUCH! Smile

Be sure to spit in the mailer when I order that Dark Black disc. Wink

How could I. Everyone buying DARK BLACK is my eternal friend forever headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:08 pm

I have to admit I don't really "get" the vocalist in Midnight Priest. Dark Black sounds a bit iffy too... but that said, Ancient Cross absolutely shreds! Great US power metal, with that very typical Texan sound.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 pm

stormspell wrote:

I will have to look into this one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:50 am

Band pages with info and audio samples added to the website: http://www.stormspell.com/label
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:42 am

Ordered the 6 CD package! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)   UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPCOMING RELEASES 09.09.09 (STORMSPELL RECORDS)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next