Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trixter

Go down 
+14
ZombieHavoc
Glower
exact33
MetalGuy71
Vexer6
Metallic Blaze
Getizzyback
7thSaviour
Troublezone
manny
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
bgast1
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Thanks for the lively conversation, much appreciated. I pulled some album called 'Trixter' out of our public library. I listened to a bit of it. It wasn't like I had to hit the skip button on every track. It sounded more AOR than metal to me. You all have to remember that I am 58 years old, so I really liked a lot of that AOR.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:01 pm

bgast1 wrote:
Thanks for the lively conversation, much appreciated. I pulled some album called 'Trixter' out of our public library. I listened to a bit of it. It wasn't like I had to hit the skip button on every track. It sounded more AOR than metal to me. You all have to remember that I am 58 years old, so I really liked a lot of that AOR.

You've got 10 years on me. Is this an indication of what my hearing will be like in 10 years? just kidding

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
bgast1 wrote:

You've got 10 years on me. Is this an indication of what my hearing will be like in 10 years? just kidding

Nope, you have to remember that I am more of a musical renegade for my generation. Most folks really look down on me for listening to metal. There a few bands that are the exception though. Alice Cooper and Aerosmith are two of the exceptions. They both started back in the day. According to most folks in my generation Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath are about as hard as it gets.

Now then, to repond more directly to you question, Uncle Saxon showed me a bowl of oatmeal on my birthday. That's what you have to look forward to. Laughing very hard You also might have trouble remembering what you just listened to, so your hearing won't even be a factor. Trixter - Page 2 506406
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:25 pm

bgast1 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
bgast1 wrote:

Nope, you have to remember that I am more of a musical renegade for my generation. Most folks really look down on me for listening to metal. There a few bands that are the exception though. Alice Cooper and Aerosmith are two of the exceptions. They both started back in the day. According to most folks in my generation Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath are about as hard as it gets.

Now then, to repond more directly to you question, Uncle Saxon showed me a bowl of oatmeal on my birthday. That's what you have to look forward to. Laughing very hard You also might have trouble remembering what you just listened to, so your hearing won't even be a factor. Trixter - Page 2 506406

Oh great, I already forget what I just listened to.

In another 10 years I'll probably be listening to muzak.

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
bgast1 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
bgast1 wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard It doesn't matter what you listen to. Except if your'e going to drift as severely as muzak, I'm gonna have to send you to Mr. Wizard over at the CMR. He'll get you straightened out. Shall I put a bug in his ear?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:46 pm

bgast1 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
bgast1 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
bgast1 wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard It doesn't matter what you listen to. Except if your'e going to drift as severely as muzak, I'm gonna have to send you to Mr. Wizard over at the CMR. He'll get you straightened out. Shall I put a bug in his ear?

Nah, that's OK. I don't need a lecture on the merits of Polka or lousy Seattle hardcore bands.

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:01 pm

lol! I doubt you'll get that. He's more into Obama-wan hate-speech. Not that I blame him.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:03 am

I still dig Trixter. I saw them and Firehouse open for Warrant on the Cherry Pie tour!
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Trixter's biggest song was "One In A Million" off their first album, and yea I was into them around 92-93ish, I caught them live at a small club in Hallandale,FL and they were great. I still have my age 21 wristband from the show, I wrote Trixter on it and the date, I didn't have a ticket, we just paid to get in and that was it.

While people were getting into Pearl Jam, I was still enjoying the kind of music that I still listen to today....just good ole rock n roll!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I still dig Trixter. I saw them and Firehouse open for Warrant on the Cherry Pie tour!

Nice to see I'm not the only one here who likes this band. I thought both of their first two albums were great!

I still like em!

Trixter - Page 2 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:20 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Nice to see I'm not the only one here who likes this band. I thought both of their first two albums were great!

I still like em!

You got it, twinzo! Trixter - Page 2 Halford
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:17 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

I still like em!

You got it, twinzo! Trixter - Page 2 Halford

Trixter - Page 2 877540 Trixter - Page 2 877540
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Pretty underrated band, shame they didn't last longer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:34 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Pretty underrated band, shame they didn't last longer.

Meh, I'd say they lasted longer than they needed to.Razz

That being said, a coupla of the guys followed up with a band called 40 Ft. Ringo, which I find pretty good. Reminds me of Lit.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:49 am

Not a great band but not terrible either. Just another run of the mill hair band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:17 pm

I think even the Trixter guys knew that the kind of music they were playing had an expiration date on it. So they got in, had a hit single or two, toured the world, and then got the hell out of Dodge. They got nothin' to complain about.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:29 pm

I like the second album better than the first but FF is right - they knew it was fad chasing time...

Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Bought Trixter CD. On a whim. Didn't check it out. Mistake.
First song was okay. Nothing to turn the volume knob up over....
Then ON CAME THE CHEESE !!! Super extra double portion CHEESE.
Talk about a band riding the coat-tails of other popular bands of that time.
Poison obviously came to mind. Bon Jovi for sure. But nowhere near as good.
This song was probably the first one that caught my ear.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 12:26 pm

This was their best tune...

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 12:37 pm

In my opinion, Trixter and bands like them are just harmless fun.

Those two first albums were pretty enjoyable. Nothing crazy, but always a fun listen.

I even liked the album they did in 2012. Apparently they did another after that which I was unaware of until I was just looking at them on discogs just now.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 6:06 am

Yes, Human Era was a great album (2015)

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:24 pm

I love Trixter. Great band. Some cheese on those early albums, but still solid stuff. Human Era and New Audio Machine are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 8:33 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Yes, Human Era was a great album (2015)

Very good album. More mature songwriting (obviously) but still sounded like Trixter.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 1:26 am

Gayest rock band ever ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trixter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trixter   Trixter - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trixter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2