Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?

Go down 
+10
stormspell
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
krokus
Thrasher73
INVADERS
Leatherface
Temple of Blood
mc666
ultmetal
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 9:06 pm

I was just wondering if anybody in the forum was in a metal band. Feel free to post links to your bands' site or what not.

However, there is ONE exception:

I hope you guys are all aware that nu-metal is not permitted. METAL ONLY! However, if you are in a hard rock band or something close to metal, feel free to post. (Nu-metal isn't metal anyway)

To get started, I was formerly the guitarist in a power metal band called Soul Distortion. We've released only a six-track EP entitled "The Realm of the Inhumane Manner" and a couple of demos and what-not. I don't even know if FYE or any other music outlets carry them anymore. We were more of an underground band who recorded all of our material in our basement on a crappy tape recorder. Anyway, in our short-lived time together, we had somewhat of a larger fanbase than the average underground bands we've performed with.

Anyway, that's the story of my venture in a band, and, in my opinion, the best.

Have fun!Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Headbang
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 9:37 pm

In a band:

www.myspace.com/ultimatummetal

www.ultimatum.net

Was in a band:

www.myspace.com/oncedeadband

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 10:04 pm

i have never been & will never be in a band. although i have played drums for over 16 years & jammed with alot of people.

axewielder wrote:

I hope you guys are all aware that nu-metal is
not permitted. METAL ONLY! However, if you are in a hard rock band or
something close to metal, feel free to post.
all due respect to your opinion, if i was in a nu-metal band, i'd still post any damn place i see fit.

axewielder wrote:
(Nu-metal isn't metal
anyway)
then why did you just call it nu-metal? Razz

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 12:22 am

Old school thrash/traditional metal:

http://www.templeofblood.net
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 4:24 am

I played in a cover band called The Blankets.lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 6:25 am

I am currently in 2 bands:

HELLFYRE:

www.myspace.com/hellfyre666

FALLEN SKIES:

www.myspace.com/fallenskiespowermetal
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:07 am

Leatherface wrote:
I played in a cover band called The Blankets.lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:12 am

I've played drums for the last 15 years,I was in a band at one time.Nothing serious,kinda like a garage band but it was a blast!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:50 am

I was a singer for two years (from 1990 till 1992) in a DEATH METAL band. First our name was PURGATORIO and later VULMENET but i dont think anybody know about this two bands. We only released a demo tape but nothing profesional of course, just for fun lol.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:53 am

I have never been in a band, but I was a roadie for my friend's punk band ("Rubber Baby") during the mid-90s. I helped lug their equipment, handed the drummer extra sticks when he needed them, and set off the confetti cannon during their grand finale. (And I also drank as much as I could for free, hahaha.) Does that count?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have never been in a band, but I was a roadie for my friend's punk band ("Rubber Baby") during the mid-90s. I helped lug their equipment, handed the drummer extra sticks when he needed them, and set off the confetti cannon during their grand finale. (And I also drank as much as I could for free, hahaha.) Does that count?

YES, THAT COUNT🤘 🤘 🤘 lol!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 2:32 pm

http://www.myspace.com/avengerofblood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 2:38 pm

Quote :
then why did you just call it nu-metal? Razz

Actually, I didn't call it nu-metal. It was called nu-metal for the heaviness of the music, when in actuality, nu-metal is more related to its cousin, alternative and/or grunge. It came into popularity after Kurt Cobain committed suicide (poor bastard), and some said that when Cobain died, grunge died also. And that's when so-called "nu-metal" was born...

Thanks a lot, Korn! You Suck!angry

Quote :

YES, THAT COUNT🤘 🤘 🤘 lol!

Actually, That demonstrates a DAMN good point. Punk is definitely metal (oxymoron, anyone?) as it provided the basis for thrash/speed metal, so punk can also be added. I am indeed a punk fan: The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, and my FAVE, The Misfit
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 3:52 pm

axewielder wrote:
Actually, That demonstrates a DAMN good point. Punk is definitely metal (oxymoron, anyone?) as it provided the basis for thrash/speed metal, so punk can also be added. I am indeed a punk fan: The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, and my FAVE, The Misfit

So I gather the rule is: if you like it its METAL, if not it is not. Well my other passion is collecting 80s disco, so I guess it is METAL too 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 4:02 pm

stormspell wrote:
axewielder wrote:

So I gather the rule is: if you like it its METAL, if not it is not. Well my other passion is collecting 80s disco, so I guess it is METAL too 🤘
I was just demonstrating a point of fact. What do you think influenced Metallica's speed? Get the facts straight!

80'S DISCO!?affraid sick
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:08 pm

I sang in a few "basement" the early 90's:

OOZE PUPPET
DAMN HAPPY

recorded some spoken word material with gothic/inustrial band SUTURE SEVEN for all 3 of their cds...

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:35 pm

1989-1998 Bass & vo-kill. All Axxess was the name. We recorded some cheap demos along the way but nothing really organized. We recently came across quite a few DAT taped live recordings & are thinking about mastering them & putting them on a playable format, a CD. We have been jamming lately & have talked about re recording everything & adding some new stuff we are writing now & see where it goes from there. We all have good jobs now & can afford all the cool equipment we could'nt afford back then, but we are all married now & have houses full of kids, so who knows?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:36 pm

axewielder wrote:
What do you think influenced Metallica's speed? Get the facts straight!

80'S DISCO!?affraid sick

James Hetfiled said that it was the L.A. glam scene Smile

80'S POP IS GREAT! (but I can't stan 99% of the hair rock scene Smile )

Back on the topic: No, never.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:42 pm

The 80's disco part was not related to the Metallica statement. The punk thing was. Wasn't disco already dead in the 80's?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:45 pm

Well, maybe not to Metallica, but it was for Exodus and Slayer -- Ultimate Revenge for Disco '85 Smile
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:49 pm

"band" is too strong of a word. Me and a friend joke around with his 8 track. After exams, we may draft in a drummer and bassist and play a gig, but as it stands we're not really a band so much as two guys with an 8-track and some tongue-in-cheek songs.

http://myspace.com/sycoraxmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:50 pm

sovdat wrote:
Well, maybe not to Metallica, but it was for Exodus and Slayer -- Ultimate Revenge for Disco '85 Smile

Death to Disco!Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? 927150 🤘 Laughing very hard Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm

sovdat wrote:
Death to Disco!🤘 🤘 🤘

Last edited by on Tue May 29, 2007 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:55 pm

sovdat wrote:
Death to Disco!🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:00 am

MY MUSICAL HISTORY

ORACLE
- Selah
1992 indie

TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT - s/t
1998 Pony Canyon International (Asia)

K-OCTAVE - Outer Limits
2001 Hellion Records (Germany)

ORACLE - Selah (reissue)
(split CD w/ EMERALD)
2001 Magdelene Records (USA)

NO LESS HUMAN - Perspective
2003 indie

TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT - s/t (reissue)
2003 Adrenaline Records (Europe)

KILLWHITNEYDEAD - Never Good Enough For You
Guest Vocals on "She Didn't Look Like She Had A Disease"
2003 Tribunal Records (USA)

KILLWHITNEYDEAD - So Pretty, So Plastic
Guest Vocals on "Put Your Mouth Where The Money Is"
2004 Tribunal Records (USA)

LINE OF FIRE - s/t
2005 Tribunal Records (USA)

THE DEMONSTRATION - Existence
Guest Vocals on "Anecdote"
2006 Tribunal Records (USA)

KILLWHITNEYDEAD - SP, SP: Chopped & Screwed
Guest Vocals on "Put Your Mouth Where The Money Is"
2006 Tribunal Records (USA)

LIBERTY N' JUSTICE - Independence Day
Lead Vocals on "My Sacrifice"
2007 TBA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?   Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody here in a band, or WAS in a band?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: