Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artillery - When Death Comes

Go down 
+8
Coma
kmorg
Stender
bgast1
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
mc666
Required Fields
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Artillery - When Death Comes Empty
PostSubject: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Last edited by kmorg on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Violation of board rules)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:44 pm

thanks, but it's available all over the net. no sense in turning heartofmetal into one of those torrent or blogspot sites. it's a discussion forum.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Im waiting for my copy to come in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Should we be giving out brand new albums? Why not encourage people to check out the new songs on MySpace and BUY A COPY?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:36 pm

Yeah, this is getting stupid. Don't post that crap here. In fact, its in direct violation of the board rules. I'll drop the band an email and let them know of the link.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:46 pm

I clicked on this thread thinking that it might be a discussion on the album. spam

Didn't we just have a discussion in here on illegal downloading and here you go providing a link and encouraging it.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:53 pm

....I will be BUYING the new album when I have the money.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:13 am

Stender wrote:
....I will be BUYING the new album when I have the money.

Same here. 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:35 am

RF: We've been through this before. This is illegal, and it violates the rules here. Stop posting links to material that is readily available.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Sorry, guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Sorry, guys.

Next time it will be your life. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Well after giving this thing repeated spins since getting it,I gotta say its a very good album.Although its a little different than the Artillery of old.The vocals are on the cleaner side and that along with the highly polished production job makes this thing play alot like a power metal album.Its got alot of good riffing and muscianship throughout.The songwriting is good.Several songs have alot of melody that are very catchy.Any one who digs their Thrash on the melodic side or just digs chug along power metal albums should enjoy this.
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 pm

It's good, much better than their previous reunion album, "B.A.C.K.".

Their new singer has injected a lot of new life into the band, and you could already tell if you've watched the DVD or listened to the CD version of "One foot in the grave, the other one in the trash". He seems to be a bit younger than the rest of the band and has a quite decent range, especially when handling the older material. Their previous singer's voice was already showing signs of age/abuse/whatever back in 1999, and even though I like what he did in the 80's/early 90's, their new singer is more appropriate now in 2009.

Unlike Thrasher73, I wouldn't say it's different than the Artillery of old. If you're familiar with "By Inheritance", you can easily tell it's Artillery even if they have a new vocalist. It's not all-out thrash as was the case on their first two albums, but it's in the same vein as "By Inheritance" for sure. The thrash riffs are still there, especially on "Upon my Cross I Crawl", and it's a bit too aggressive at times to be considered power metal at all. I'd say it's much more in the melodic thrash area a la Paradox "Electrify" than your average power metal band a la Dream Evil or Dragonforce.
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:31 am

B.A.C.K. was great.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:58 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
B.A.C.K. was great.

I thought so too.
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:51 pm

I never said "B.A.C.K." wasn't good. I just said that of all Artillery albums, it's probably the weakest. That's why they usually only play "Cybermind" from that album live.

I still prefer a weak Artillery album over a good Deicide CD.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:54 pm

I don't think it's the weakest. I think the debut is. Never understood why people were so crazy about that one.
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:56 pm

It was quite heavy for 1985. I have to admit it sounds a bit old now, but listen to live versions of those songs now with their new vocalist, and they sound much better.

The worst thing about "B.A.C.K." ? The chorus of "WWW" -> "World Wide Web!" in unison. Cheesy! ;-)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Finally secured a copy of this album. I have to say I agree with Thrasher. This album seems to be more melodic in nature than any of the former Artillery albums. Sure, there are lots of thrashy riffs but the cleaner vocals and the polished production do indeed give the band a slighty more power metal/speed metal sound.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Got this a while ago and finally got around to listening to it fully today and I think its great. Definetly will become one of my favorites I think.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:55 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Got this a while ago and finally got around to listening to it fully today and I think its great. Definetly will become one of my favorites I think.

it is quite good. This one gets some regular spins in my cd player.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Yea, by chance I just bought it because Ive heard them mentioned on here a few times. Glad I picked it up and a few of their other releases.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:17 am

I was listening to this album today.

Amazing headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artillery - When Death Comes   Artillery - When Death Comes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artillery - When Death Comes
Page 1 of 1