Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Armored Saint - Appreciation thread

Go down 
+13
MetalGuy71
mc666
Leatherface
James B.
brontotex
krokus
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
powermacho
metalken
Svengo
manny
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 am

Eternally underrated!

Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Armored_saint_02

It's really a shame that a CLASSIC METAL band this good could be criminally ignored almost their entire career. No matter what the sales figures were, Armored Saint always "DELIVERED"! Raising Fear & Delirious Nomad are personal favorites.

Fans of the Saint speaketh!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Armored Saint were and are extremely underrated, and 'Raising Fear' is my fav by Armored Saint and I have had to hold on to my vinyl copies for 20 plus years since it is almost impossible to find their CD's at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:43 pm

True. I had those two on cassette and haven't replaced them. Symbol is still my favorite by them and I thought the comeback album was great. I want more.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:45 pm

This has been posted before but here's a download link to a new demo track from their forthcoming album. I really like it.

http://www.metalblade.com/mp3/Loose_Cannon.zip
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:05 pm

I appreciate everything that this band has brought out. They are one of my all time favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:18 pm

they are one of my favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Great band!

Symbol of Salvation is my favorite with March of the Saint in a close second.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:40 pm

I have always championed this band. MARCH OF THE SAINT, DELIRIOUS NOMAD and SYMBOL OF SALVATION in particular are my faves.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:36 pm

I only liked a couple of songs on their comeback album, that i bought on vinyl. Still, i love all the rest they released. I hope that their next album sound more 80s again.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Probably my Favorite band. I've been going to their concerts since the beginning. nowdays I often travel back to L.A. when they play to catch them live. Of all the things in my life that have been stolen from me, the one that pisses me off the most is my autographed copy of Delirious Nomad that I got signed at the release party at fenders ballroom.I even toyed with the idea of auditioning for Death Angel just so I could tour Austrailia with Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:12 pm

Used to go see them at skating rings in Orange County among other places. One of my favorites then and now. I prefered the two guitar line up with Phil and Dave the best. Dave was an amazing player, big time.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 pm

I am a fan, yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:53 am

love em. been listening since i was just a kid.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 am

After the "big 3" of thrash (Metallica, Anthrax & Megadeth), Armored Saint was one of the first real "metal" bands I got into. Through most of the late 80's, I was more into the glam/hair/hard rock scene. Looking forward to hearing something new from 'em.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:20 am

Love them. Delirious Nomad is my fave. I can't wait for the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:33 pm

One of my favorite bands!!! Criminally underrated!!! I'm looking forward to new music from them.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:26 am

I love this band! I was cranking "March of the Saint" tonight in my truck in fact.

Out of the albums I have, I'd rank em as such ... but there's not a bad one amongst them.

1. March of the Saint
2. Raising Fear
3. Symbol of Salvation
4. Delerious Nomad

I need to snag the rest of em.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:03 am

Great band! I've liked them since Symbol of Salvation was a new release. Seen them once during the Revelation tour. I hope John Bush puts all his focus on this band instead of the Anthrax circus.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:06 am

Armored Saint and Metal Church... two of the coolest band names ever. Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Headbang
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:10 pm

And two of my favorite bands ever.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:34 pm

LOVE TO CRANK THE SAINT !!!!

Raising Fear is probably my favorite disc. Saw them several times and they never failed to bring it.

Armored Saint - Appreciation thread 108889
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Great band! I've liked them since Symbol of Salvation was a new release. Seen them once during the Revelation tour. I hope John Bush puts all his focus on this band instead of the Anthrax circus.

I agree. I like Anthrax, but they should be trying to woo Neil Turbon or Joey Belladonna back, not John Bush.

I've always preferred John Bush in Armored Saint. His vocals are more suited to that classic metal style, moreso than thrash IMHO.

I hope Armored Saint carries on and Bush doesn't go back to Anthrax. Anthrax need to get Neil or Joey back.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I agree. I like Anthrax, but they should be trying to woo Neil Turbon or Joey Belladonna back, not John Bush.

I've always preferred John Bush in Armored Saint. His vocals are more suited to that classic metal style, moreso than thrash IMHO.

I hope Armored Saint carries on and Bush doesn't go back to Anthrax. Anthrax need to get Neil or Joey back.

I don't not think that you will ever see Joey Belladonna or Neil Turbin back in the band, Neil Turbin has not been in the band for over 20 years and they have not had many nice things to say about his vocal ability since he was let go. I think you would have better chances of seeing Dan Nelson returning then Neil Turbin.

They did the reunion thing with Joey Belladonna a few years ago and I don't think they can go back to that well again, I do wish they had at least recorded a studio album with Belladonna when the reunion tour ended but oh well.

Maybe John Bush can do both play with both Armored Saint and Anthrax, other vocalist, musicians have done this and why not him?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Yeah, I could see what you mean about John being in both bands simultaneously. That would work.

I also realize it was wishful thinking on my part to want Neil Turbon or Joey Belladonna back in Anthrax. That's never gonna happen.

I was just speaking 'hypothetically'.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:30 pm

John Bush has stated that going back to music full time is something he is not going to do. He has a career in L.A. doing voice over work for TV and films and he has settled down there to raise his family. He just did a one - off show in Europe with Anthrax, but both he and the band made it clear it was a one time only thing. He is currently working with Armored Saint on a new album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint - Appreciation thread   Armored Saint - Appreciation thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armored Saint - Appreciation thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next