Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
powermacho
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
sam
Ben Grimm
325ad
11 posters
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Empty
PostSubject: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:32 am

Yeah I watch it. Late 80's and early 90's metal videos still rock! 🤘

I still love watching the hot chick in the whitesnake videos! VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? 438278

I try to catch the Headbangers Ball too but I never know when that stupid show is going to come on! MTV2 keeps messing with it!
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:38 am

I watch it regulary, my only complaint is they play too many of the same videos....its the 80's and earily 90's they should have about a million videos to choose from.
I would watch headbangers ball more often but it comes on so late here ....if MTV2 does not move or cancell it for something stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:12 am

Every now and then when I'm bored.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:30 am

When I first got VH1 Classic a couple of years ago I watched it regularly and even filled a few video tapes with classic videos from days gone by. After a while I got tired of seeing the same videos by the same bands over and over and over again so nowadays I catch it every once in a blue moon.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Here and there, much like Freddy I watched it alot when it first launched but now I only catch it from time to time because I got tired of the same videos over and over. Sometimes they do play an occasional rarity though
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:30 pm

I agree too many of the same videos they play "Breaking the Law, Balls to the Wall and I wanna Rock" every week. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:20 pm

I no longer watch it. Like the other guys I used to watch it when I got cable. Some months ago, on something special about metal mania, I got to watch some cool videos, that started after 12PM, like from saxon or accept, even some thrash.

Now I am waiting for the new season of eddie trunk THE METAL SHOW. I think will be back on a month or two
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 pm

I watch it occasionally but yeah its the same video's over and over. I never want to hear that damn Poison song from Alice Cooper EVER again. They have millions of video's to choose from, I think they should play more of those!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:49 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I watch it occasionally but yeah its the same video's over and over. I never want to hear that damn Poison song from Alice Cooper EVER again. They have millions of video's to choose from, I think they should play more of those!

Same here. Catch it on occasion, but too much repetition.

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:00 am

I watched it a couple times when it debuted...but there was WAY too much hair metal for me...so I quickly axed it from my mind.

There's nothing I hate more than late 80's pop/hair metal....ugh.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 am

Eh. Sometimes. Same videos, different play order. I usually don't stay on it for long.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 am

detuned wrote:

There's nothing I hate more than late 80's pop/hair metal....ugh.

VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Orly
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:38 am

I'm with most everyone here - I watched it a ton when I first got my satellite, but over time I tapered off. I watch a little here & there, but too much stuff in there isn't really "metal" (Bon Jovi?), and FAR too many actual metal bands never make the cut in the video list, or there's maybe 1 truly underground band during the 4-hour cuts. In the 4 years I've had satellite & have been tuning in, I've seen Testament's "The Legacy" video once, and have seen no other videos by them or any other major thrash band (other than the "Big 4"), or anything heavier. Let's not take into account that Headbanger's Ball was spinning Morbid Angel and the like during the time frame that many of these "classic" videos were being played, because that won't sell advertising, will it?

/sarcasm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 am

I dug out the video tapes I made of "Metal Mania" stuff that I mentioned in my previous post and scanned the list of vids on it -- I gotta say, while I was recording the show they did occasionally throw in an old school bone here and there, I got some good stuff on these tapes (Crimson Glory's "Lonely," Raven's "On and On," Flotsam & Jetsam's "Wading Thru The Darkness," etc.) but man, you had to wade through a lot of Poison, Warrant, yadda yadda yadda while waiting for the good stuff. Since I was either going to bed just as the show came on or I was doing other stuff, I used to just throw the tape in at the start of the show and press "record" so after a couple of weeks I had inadvertently taped some of the same Poison, Whitesnake, etc. videos two or three times. That kinda sucked. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?   VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VH1 Metal Mania - Anyone watch it beside me?
Page 1 of 1