Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necronomicon

Go down 
+9
scottmitchell74
nevermore
DeathCult
sovdat
Required Fields
krokus
arttieTHE1manparty
mc666
ultmetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Of all the German thrash bands, Necronomicon hardly gets a mention. I personally love 'em. Not quite up to the standards of Kreator or even Tankard but I do enjoy them more than Sodom, for instance. Their first album is OK but they get better on the sophomore LP, 'Apocalyptic Nightmare.' For their third effort 'Escalation,' I think they pulled out all the stops making a flawed classic. Not perfect by any means but definitely a worthy album to the German thrash cannon, worthy enough to be mentioned with some of the best by similarly underrated German bands Darkness, Vendetta and Deathrow. Good, thrashy and catchy (like all great thrash should be). Any fans?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 11:46 pm

I've not heard these guys.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 12:00 am

i guess the reason people don't give them much mention is the fact that they've released only like 5 albums in 20 years. plus most of the material was heavily influenced by bands like Sodom & Destruction. they were a decent 2nd tier band, but when you are hardly original & follow that up with inconsistantly recording & touring...people end up forgetting.

Construction Of Evil album was good. not really worth the 10 year wait...but you kinda expect the long break with these guys.

arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 1:13 am

I like them. I don't play them a lot, and their stuff is pretty hard to come by, but I like what I have.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 11:45 am

I have their first three albums on vinyl and love them.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 2:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 4:59 pm

Escalation is certainly a great headbanger! Haven't heard their first 2 albums, and I haven't heard the rest enough times to give a better feedback though!
Back to top Go down

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 5:56 pm

Required Fields wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
They're good, but nothing special.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:13 pm

Got the rerelases today; the first two albums sound fine, especially Apocalyptic Nightmare, but Escalation with stay my favorite Necronomicon album for sure - essential for all thrash freaks, you can get it for few bucks on ebay!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Excellent band! Was just spinning ESCALATION today. Truly an essential if you like thrash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:07 pm

They're evil!!!! You're opening vistas of pure demonic evil!! This is serious!

Huh? Wh, wha happened? I must of blacked out! scratch I feel dizzy but better. Let me get some water.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:09 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
They're evil!!!! You're opening vistas of pure demonic evil!! This is serious!

Huh? Wh, wha happened? I must of blacked out! scratch I feel dizzy but better. Let me get some water.

Am I evil?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Oh, I'm pretty sure of it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:33 am

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:35 am

🤘 lol! Touche!! I like your style, Wargod!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
🤘 lol! Touche!! I like your style, Wargod!!

Ha ha I thought that was killer, been done to me many times so I thought I'd return the favor!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Just hearing the latest Necronomicon that came out last year.  Insanely good speed metal.  Gonna review it on the ol' Rat Salad tomorrow.  But, check it out if you get the chance.  This stuff is totally up my alley!!

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:23 am

Checking out these guys right now. Not bad at all. Thanks uncle!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:23 am

Damn, I had no idea these guys were still around. I have one of their cds called Apocalyptic Nightmare, and for some reason I never went any further with them. That song above sounds really good, I might have to give them some of my money soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Necronomicon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necronomicon   Necronomicon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necronomicon
Page 1 of 1