Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chuck Mosley is back!

Go down 
+4
jstate
T-Roy
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Chuck Mosley is back! Empty
PostSubject: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:19 pm

I really liked the 2 albums he did with Faith No More. Then he totally disappeared. He started a band called CEMENT that only lasted for 2 albums. I only heard MAN WITH THE ACTION HAIR. I had it for a long time but after never listening to it I sold it. It just didnt remind me of how he was in FNM. I know he was in BAD BRAINS for a while but I never heard him sing in the band. Now he is back and releasing a solo album. Heres a post from blabbermouth.

Rap and rock music, though viewed through the public lens as worlds apart, are not as distant from one another as they seem. The energy, aggression, and valiant spirit make them the perfect vehicles for unabashed expression, and rap-rock veteran Chuck Mosley realizes this. He is the embodiment of the unification of these two musical forces, as well as the various musical influences he has accumulated as both an artist and an avid music fan. On August 11, he releases his first solo album, "Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food", via Cleveland-based label Reversed Image Unlimited.

Mosley's return with "Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food" showcases the Godfather of rap-metal seamlessly blending rock, hip-hop, metal, punk and funk. Recounting his previous work, Mosley, as he describes it, would "rant to the beat." On his latest effort, Mosley's musical stew combines this approach with an exploration of his vocal range. It's apparent that he chose to let his amalgam of cultural saturations melt into this new album, which he describes as "just very normal for me."

"Will Rap…" was produced by multi-platinum award-winning producer/engineer Michael Seifert (BONE THUGS-N-HARMONY, FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE, and most recently Reversed Image electro-rockers THIS IS A SHAKEDOWN!). Featuring guest appearances from a cast of characters Chuck has affectionately deemed Vanduls Ugenst Allliderasy, John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON), Roddy Bottum (FAITH NO MORE, IMPERIAL DRAG), and Michael Cartellone (LYNYRD SKYNYRD) all contribute to the record. KORN frontman Jonathan Davis (courtesy of Warner Bros. Records), who attributes Mosley as a massive influence, also makes an appearance on the lead single "The Enabler".

In the '70s, Mosley was just a kid growing up in Southern California with no limitations on his tastes in music. A musical sponge, he studied classical piano for 10 years, while soaking up influences from jazz, rock, pop, and early rap. Eventually signing on to front FAITH NO MORE, he crafted these influences to pioneer a whole new take on heavy music. Bringing the rhythm and raw emotion of rap vocals to the riff-laden, chaotic-nature of rock, Mosley became an innovator which many musical acts would emulate, including KORN, LINKIN PARK, LIMP BIZKIT, and KID ROCK. He would later front legendary hardcore/reggae group the BAD BRAINS as well.

From July 28 to August 10, fans will be able to pre-order Chuck Mosley's "Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food" CD online at this location and receive a personally autographed CD, plus completed download and a special edition postcard.

"Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food" track listing:

01. Intro
02. The Enabler
03. Tractor
04. Punk Rock Movie
05. Nameless
06. Pile Driver
07. Come Around
08. King Arthur's Cousin, Ted
09. Sophie
10. WCAL
11. Bob Forest

Im not sure I would call him the God Father of Rap-Metal but he is definetly in the mix.

Heres a video of the new single. Actually sounds cool. Nothing flashy just pretty much straight to the point but Its better than CEMENT was.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:06 pm

I was hoping he'd join Anthrax...but this still sounds pretty good. I really like the album title.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:21 pm

lol Anthrax? That wouldve been horrible

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol Anthrax? That wouldve been horrible

It would have been better than that new guy they got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Sounds good to me.....
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Heck yeah it does. I like it. Chuck Mosley is back! 438278
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:19 pm

I like it too. Love the title of the album.

Introduce Yourself is still one of my favorites. The very definition of something too far ahead of it's time.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Indeed, I will be picking this up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:24 pm

This guy can't even sing. haha Best of luck to him though!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I was hoping he'd join Anthrax...

That thought had never occurred to me, but I think it would be a great pairing. Certainly better than the new guy they have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:20 pm

I got this album in the mail over the weekend.

I pre-ordered it the last day I was able to pre-order it and get a autographed post card. I also got my order with a t shirt.

It arrives to me in the mail with an unautographed post card and NO T- SHIRT! Supposedly they ran out of Larges and they will be mailed out soon.

Thankfully I had the cd though and I listened to it on and off all weekend. I have to say that I really enjoy it and I think i'll be listening to it on and off for a while more. The production is great not like his previous band Cement whos cd I just got rid of not too long ago. I think I might repurchase them again though.

Chuck still sounds the same, the songs are pretty catchy even though they are a little short. When you think the song will go on it kind of just ends haha, but its cool. There is a remake of a Cement song as well as the Faith No More song We Care A Lot w/ Roddy Bottom. The lyrics are changed and the music is a little different too but you can still tell its We Care A Lot.

If you miss hearing Chuck definetly pick this up. He did good with this one.

Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This guy can't even sing. haha Best of luck to him though!

I agree. The only reason why I don't listen to "Introduce Yourself" more often is because of his vocals. When he screams he's OK, but when he does try to sing or use a cleaner approach (ex: on The Crab Song), it just sounds horrible. But eh, that was 22 years ago, he probably improved a lot. ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:36 pm

lol actually he still sounds the same thats his style.

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Mosley is back!   Chuck Mosley is back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chuck Mosley is back!
Page 1 of 1