Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Empty
PostSubject: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:10 am

Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock BRAINCYCLES-SPREAD

RADIO MOSCOW
is a power trio from Ames Iowa who play no-nonsense boogie/blues/stoner/psychedelic rock of the highest order. They sound like they've never heard any albums made after 1971....which is all the more amazing considering the guitarist is the oldest member of the band...and he's 22. Yes, they are definitely retro...HOWEVER...they are also 100% authentic. For those who like Hendrix, Blue Cheer, Cream, etc.

I met these guys at SXSW this year, a great bunch of kids and honestly passionate about the music they play. I found this compilation video on youtube that was filmed at the festival.

and here's their myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/radiomoscow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:01 pm

up for the night shift. lol!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:33 am

Yeah i remember hearing these guys a couple of years ago when the debut dropped, lotsa wah wah and fuzz. I think Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys produced 'em and played a bit of slide on it as well.

You ever heard of Burning Tree Detuned? They released a great album in '90, a power trio that draws from the same well as RM.........ya know Taste, Cream, the Experience etc. Threw up Marc Ford to the Black Crowes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:23 am

Sounds pretty nifty to my ears.

RP, I had that Burning Tree cd years ago. I found it used and heard of them through the Black Crowes connection, however, when I went through my "purge all but METAL" phase, off it went to the trade/sell pile. Maybe someday I'll get it back.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

RP, I had that Burning Tree cd years ago. I found it used and heard of them through the Black Crowes connection, however, when I went through my "purge all but METAL" phase, off it went to the trade/sell pile. Maybe someday I'll get it back.

Could i tempt you.........

http://www.amazon.com/Burning-Tree/dp/B000008DVT/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1247024082&sr=8-2

One the rare classy retro hard rock records from the early 90's that didn't come from the Rick Rubin/Def American stable.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:44 am

rattpoison wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Could i tempt you.........

http://www.amazon.com/Burning-Tree/dp/B000008DVT/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1247024082&sr=8-2

One the rare classy retro hard rock records from the early 90's that didn't come from the Rick Rubin/Def American stable.

Yup, that's the one I had. I'll add it to my Amazon want-list, but it'll probably sit on the back-burner for awhile. I just put in an order over the weekend and I've got some other discs lined up that take priority at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 am

These guys are playing here in Austin tomorrow night, looking forward to seeing them again. They put on a great live show.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks for keeping us tuned in on the retro. I've lost touch a little bit since the demise of Eyesore.
I've got Radio Moscow on me list for the next retro-binge.
Back to top Go down
Tsao
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 pm

I just made a blog for 60's-70's Psych-Prog-Kraut rock fans. You can download albums and Listen To Psych Radio Live Every Monday-Wednesday-Friday & Saturday-Sunday nights!!!!!!!!!!!! Come and join if you want ,cause this music is just amazing.
http://tsao-psychradio.blogspot.com/
Peace to everyone!!!!!!! Music is the Most High!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Bump

A co-worker handed me a cdr last night of these fine gentlemen. Apparently they were just in town not long ago. Wish I'd known, I woulda gone. Oh well.

I'll be on the lookout now for "real" copies of their stuff, but this will have to do for now. Rock on!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 pm

These guys put out a new one back in October. Slipped past me, but it's on my radar now...

The Great Escape of Leslie Magnafuzz

Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock RadioMoscowTheGreatEscape

Haven't hear a note, but if it's in the same style as their other 2, (judging by the name & cover, I'd say that's a safe bet) it's a no-brainer purchase for me.

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I had missed this as well. They should release some live material, the studio albums don't quite capture their improv skills the way a live set does.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, I had missed this as well. They should release some live material, the studio albums don't quite capture their improv skills the way a live set does.

I saw a little blurb in the latest issue of Classic Rock mag about the new album, otherwise I woulda had no idea. I dig the studio albums just fine, but I wouldn't mind catching these guys live in a club.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:18 pm

I thought these guys broke up. Maybe they did and re-formed? Or back with different guys? I dunno. What I DO know is that they have a new album coming out June 17th, Magical Dirt.

Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock ZexXapd

While I enjoyed their first 2 albums, the 3rd one left me cold. I'll sample the new one before buying for sure. You can do the same. Stream it here for those interested...
http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-06-05/exclusive-stream-the-new-album-from-radio-moscow

And would a mod be so kind as to move this back into the land of the living. Thanks

PostSubject: Re: Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock   Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio Moscow - killer psychedelic blues rock
Page 1 of 1