Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever...

Go down 
+14
manny
tohostudios
mez
T-Roy
metalhead777
kmorg
Thrasher73
powermacho
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
sam
Lari
Addy
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:23 am

...purchased a new CD, listened to it a few times and sort of forgot about it. However, weeks or months later you go back to it and suddenly it just hits you and you "get it"? I've had several CDs hit me like that. I just didn't get into them heavily on the first few spins, but later after revisiting them, I love 'em.

Evile - Enter the Grave
was the latest. Hadn't heard this CD in quite some time. On the way to our show on Saturday night Rob was playing this in his car and it just sounded killer. Put the disc on my iPod today and this thing just rocks!

Fireball Ministry - The Second Great Awakening was another that this happened to. I had the CD for a few months and liked it well enough. However, after seeing the band live opening for Dio, something just clicked. Now I love that CD.

Has this happened for anyone? If so, what CDs and what brought about the change?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 am

Yeah ive done that
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:48 am

I remember doing that with Alice In Chains - Facelift when it first came out. I was already a Soundgarden fan and read about AIC in a magazine. The first couple times I listened to it...nothing...didn't like it at all.

I stuck the disc in a drawer and forgot about it.

Then several months later I pulled the album back out and listened to it...and was blown away...must have been in the right frame of mind.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 am

ultmetal wrote:

Evile - Enter the Grave
was the latest. Hadn't heard this CD in quite some time. On the way to our show on Saturday night Rob was playing this in his car and it just sounded killer. Put the disc on my iPod today and this thing just rocks!
Funny, I just saw Evile Saturday night. I never heard them before. I had heard OF them, that's why I wanted to see them play. And they were very good. Really got the audience going.

Anyway, I remember when I got Rust in Peace. It was the exact same thing - didn't like the album the first time I heard it, forgot about it, and when I finally got back to it, it immediately clicked with me.

I really don't know why I didn't like it the first time. Maybe it was because I was more familiar with the Youthanasia sound of Megadeth - of course nowadays if asked to compare those two discs, it wouldn't even be close, Rust in Peace is just so much more awesome.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 am

Yep, happens to me a lot.

Misery index - Traitors has been the last one I've done this with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:52 am

I hope EVILE improve their songwriting on their next disc. They are good players.

"Facelift" is an awesome disc all-around. It's my favorite AIC disc.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:10 am

Quote :
"Facelift" is an awesome disc all-around. It's my favorite AIC disc.

Same here! 🤘
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:23 am

there are plenty of albums I have on hold. The latest is Chickenfoot

From those of hold I recently felt to give Cindirella - heartbreak station a listen, and I found myself enjoying it.
Back to top Go down

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:24 pm

I do that a lot. I think that's the sign of a good album, the kind that just keep growing on you.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:05 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I do that a lot. I think that's the sign of a good album, the kind that just keep growing on you.

I agree.It seems the best ones are the albums that takes you a while to warm up to.

A couple for me are:

Core Device-Our Fellowship Eternal(Eyesore recommended this to me and at first I didnt see what was so great about it.After some time its an awesome album.Recommended for any fan of Nevermore.)

HavocHate-Cycle of Pain(Another great album that has to grow on you.)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:07 pm

I do this all the time too. In fact, lately it has taken me longer and longer to get into most new albums. And taking a break from them, and return on a later occasion seems to help a lot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:09 pm

... needed someone so bad...

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm

fearful symmetry-this sad veil of tears. at first i thought it was good metal with allot of synth to make it sound poppy but now i see it is just AMAZING! some of these songs ar just flat out heavy! but what do you expect from the frontman of delivernace?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Sympathy - Arcane Path

Got that almost a year ago listened...never bothered again.

Now...that sucker blows me away. Always have it on my iPod. DON'T EVEN SAY IT ULT!
Have you ever... 692390:
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:45 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Sympathy - Arcane Path

Now...that sucker blows me away. Always have it on my iPod. DON'T EVEN SAY IT ULT!
Have you ever... 692390:
like theres somthing wrong with an ipod? Have you ever... 251456
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:50 pm

I do that a lot, usually bands like Maiden or Rush it takes a few spins to get the feel then I set it down and a month later I go back and I "get" what it is they were doing on that album, sadly it never happened with Dance of Death for me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:17 pm

This happens to me constantly.

As everyone here knows, if a new CD doesn't hit me right off, it seldom gets a repeat engagement. But if someone starts raving about it enough, I sometimes dig it back out for a second shot.

Pink Cream 69 is the classic example of this. I got Games People Play and other than "Keep Your Eye On The Twisted", I thought is was meh. Stuck about 4 songs on a sampler disc I sent to someone and he started raving about PC69 so much I dug it back out.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:21 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Sympathy - Arcane Path

Have you ever... 692390:
EXACTLY!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:50 pm

This happens to me all time, but two I can think right off the bat are the two albums The Doors did after Jim Morrison's death, 'Other Voices' and 'Full Circle'. First time I heard them, I hated them, later on I gave them another spin and loved them. Jim Morrison is greatly missed but they are good albums in their own right
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:59 pm

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Atavism

The first album I ever heard from them, but unfortunately the vocals f*cked it up for me the first time. A few months later, deciding what album should I listen to on my way to work for that week... and ka-boom! whole different story.

Now Slough Feg is one of my favorite bands of all time. And Atavism my second fave in their discography.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 pm

It happens to me with bands more than albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:37 pm

T-Roy wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Sympathy - Arcane Path

Have you ever... 692390:
EXACTLY!!! lol!

I use my iPod every day. However, I don't pay for MP3s. I buy the CDs and make my own MP3s. 🤘

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:03 am

King's K - XV took me a while to get into it, but I get it now!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 am

Happens quite a few times for me as well. One I can remember is Bon Jovi-Keep The Faith. Apart from the singles the songs didn't quite click. I listened to it several years later and loved every single song especially Dry County (which I feel is one of the best songs ever). Now that I'm trying not to spend so much on music I'm giving albums that didn't click before another chance so I don't play my a-list albums to death. So far some have been better than I remember but nothing spectacular.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:22 am

ultmetal wrote:
However, I don't pay for MP3s. I buy the CDs and make my own MP3s. 🤘

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

Have you ever... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever...   Have you ever... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you ever...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum