Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Puppet of Destruction re-issue

Go down 
+13
kmorg
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
BillRoxx
sam
kethdredd
biddle
arttieTHE1manparty
Troublezone
ultmetal
Rex
GrandNational
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Would you guys really want FATAL DELAY as bonus tracks?

To be honest, both yes and no. It would be great to have them on CD, but they donæt belong on Puppet. They should have been on Symphonic, if you ask me.

Maybe on a seperate CD for pre-orders only, sort of like Roxx did with the Thresher release?

Excellent idea! Where do I order! Laughing

That'd be the only cohesive way to get FD out there. I don't think FD sucks - it just does not sound anything like Ultimatum, for the most part. I mean, there is a reason that Pantera never officially re-issued the first 4.....
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:05 am

So if we could pull this off and re-release with a special limited edition of 100 only as a 2 disc version with the full 'FATAL DELAY' demo....

Could we get a lot of support to do this with pre-orders? These can prove costly but if the band is in to it and we can pull it off as a limited edtition release....

Roxx will do it! and be honored, as Ultimatum is one of our personal favs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:52 am

BillRoxx wrote:
So if we could pull this off and re-release with a special limited edition of 100 only as a 2 disc version with the full 'FATAL DELAY' demo....

Could we get a lot of support to do this with pre-orders? These can prove costly but if the band is in to it and we can pull it off as a limited edtition release....

I'll be satisfied with a single disk as long as the remixed version of
Never and Testament's Sins of Omission are included as bonus cuts, plus
whatever Scott want to put on it.

If Wickedness and Perdition and Fatal Delay are already included on the Symphonic Extremities re-release, why not just put All I Need and Plea for Holiness on this one plus the aforementioned 2 tracks?

If you plan on putting a limited edition with 2 disks having all of FD on the second, go for it if people want it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:36 am

As long as Puppet is remastered and includes Sins of Omission i'll be fine. Were lucky that it's even being considered... Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:25 am

Spoke to Bill and Robert last night. Looks like this might be a go. I'll have to dig out the original master tapes of this. Will keep you all in the loop. Thanks for caring enough about this CD to make the request to begin with.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
Spoke to Bill and Robert last night. Looks like this might be a go. I'll have to dig out the original master tapes of this. Will keep you all in the loop. Thanks for caring enough about this CD to make the request to begin with.

ult

Was listening to it last night getting excited about a reissue. I'd love to hear it the way the band wanted it to sound.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:33 am

ultmetal wrote:

ult

It would be nice to see Ultimatum open for the big dogs one day. And to get more of your music out there...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:52 am

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

It would be nice to see Ultimatum open for the big dogs one day. And to get more of your music out there...

It would be nice... 🤘

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:54 pm

GrandNational wrote:
BillRoxx wrote:

I'll be satisfied with a single disk as long as the remixed version of
Never and Testament's Sins of Omission are included as bonus cuts, plus
whatever Scott want to put on it.

If Wickedness and Perdition and Fatal Delay are already included on the Symphonic Extremities re-release, why not just put All I Need and Plea for Holiness on this one plus the aforementioned 2 tracks?

If you plan on putting a limited edition with 2 disks having all of FD on the second, go for it if people want it.

I don't know, I've always been a geek when it comes to bonus material. I like re-issues that have songs from the time period as the original release. That is why I feel FD doesn't belong on Puppet. And that is why I thought it should have been added to the reissue of Symphonic. But since that didn't hppen, I'd love to have it as a bonus disc for the upcoming reissue.

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 pm

Excellent job GrandNational! Your efforts are appreciated.

And I like the "100 pre-orders 2cd" idea. I have dibs on the first 100 [your copy will be available through unclesaxon.com at only twice the price]!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:38 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Excellent job GrandNational! Your efforts are appreciated.

And I like the "100 pre-orders 2cd" idea. I have dibs on the first 100 [your copy will be available through unclesaxon.com at only twice the price]!!

You're welcome Uncle Saxon. I brought this to Scott's attention and then he encouraged me to get this started, and here we are, pretty much a done deal to get this rollin'. That's why I love this board and the people involved, it's a true community of metal believers 🤘
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:12 pm

I wish I could get behind this idea more but this was the very first lyrically Christian themed cd I ever bought so I kinda like it the way it is. You know how nastalgia can be. That said I would be willing to buy a copy of the re-issue just to have as I admit it could've been a little better, that and I support Ultimatum whenever possible. I have 2 t-shirts and 5 cd's.
Back to top Go down
shine.is.dead
Metal novice
Metal novice
shine.is.dead

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 pm

I am all for this. Everyone has valid points. I think the ideal reissue would include the entirety of "Puppets," as well as "Sins of Omission," "Mortal Stomp '08," and the "Never" remix on disc 1, and then the "Fatal Delay" demo for the pre-order disc 2. Maybe some bonus live cuts on the second disc as well?

Regardless, I'd be happy with just the original record remixed and remastered with BASS so that it sounds as good as we all know it should have!
Back to top Go down
http://shineisdead.wordpress.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:43 am

I'm looking forward to this release as well. Ever since it was first released we've wanted it remastered. Whoever mastered the disc in Australia obviously had a lot of false bottom end in their studio speakers.

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:46 am

ult, Will the packaging be the same with your art or will that be updated as well?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:03 am

SpectreFate wrote:
ult, Will the packaging be the same with your art or will that be updated as well?

We're talking about that now. What do you think? Should we redo the cover or leave it as it is?

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:06 am

I'd personally like to see Rex or you whip something up. That way it's like a revamping of the whole album. Although there's nothing wrong with the original art, IMO.
Back to top Go down
shine.is.dead
Metal novice
Metal novice
shine.is.dead

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:32 pm

Yeah, it'd be cool to keep the same style, the same puppet with scissors theme but update it, kinda like the recent Deliverance remasters of S/T and Weapons
Back to top Go down
http://shineisdead.wordpress.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Sid wrote:
Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind Scott forwarding these emails to me...

Thank you Will! Smile

If there's anything that I really dislike today from a recording standpoint, it's the mastering volume war! My understanding is that I will have the opportunity to remaster "Puppet" and my overall goal is to make the album sound more dimensional, a little more volume (while retaining dynamic integrity), and trying to minimize some of the brittleness of the guitar/cymbals while rounding out the bottom end. Although the "Puppet" drum triggers and direct guitar tone are dated and have their limitations, I'm sure that the overall album can be greatly improved. Ultimatum and I are certianly honing in on their true sound these days and we are excited about their latest release, which I feel is really close to acheiving what this band is truely about.

Best regards,

Sid

Sight 16 Studios
ABQ, NM

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Sid wrote:
Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind Scott forwarding these emails to me...

Thank you Will! Smile

If there's anything that I really dislike today from a recording standpoint, it's the mastering volume war! My understanding is that I will have the opportunity to remaster "Puppet" and my overall goal is to make the album sound more dimensional, a little more volume (while retaining dynamic integrity), and trying to minimize some of the brittleness of the guitar/cymbals while rounding out the bottom end. Although the "Puppet" drum triggers and direct guitar tone are dated and have their limitations, I'm sure that the overall album can be greatly improved. Ultimatum and I are certianly honing in on their true sound these days and we are excited about their latest release, which I feel is really close to acheiving what this band is truely about.

Best regards,

Sid

Sight 16 Studios
ABQ, NM

Coolness. Sounds good. I can't believe what a few e-mails can do.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

We're talking about that now. What do you think? Should we redo the cover or leave it as it is?
I say you change it to look like a Bruce Dickinson cover. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Don't change the cover. I've nver been a fan of that.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:06 pm

7thSecond wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

I say you change it to look like a Bruce Dickinson cover. Laughing very hard

LOL! I should include that HM review! 🤘

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:15 am

UNCLE SAXON SAYS:

"Excellent job GrandNational! Your efforts are appreciated.

And I like the "100 pre-orders 2cd" idea. I have dibs on the first 100 [your copy will be available through unclesaxon.com at only twice the price]!!"

That was funny I might have to use that somewhere Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:46 am

I got to know ultimatum by most of the songs from Puppets Of destruction. It means that this is the album from the band that I have always wanted 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppet of Destruction re-issue   Puppet of Destruction re-issue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Puppet of Destruction re-issue
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next