Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden

Go down 
+13
MetalFRO
Velvet Creation
Dave the Boss
Onkel Ben
mc666
sam
mez
candlemass
Rex
DeathCult
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno took part in a press conference last month during his solo tour of Argentina. When asked about the rumors that his drug use had something to do with his split with IRON MAIDEN, Di'Anno responded, "Where the Smurf do you people get this from? I left IRON MAIDEN because they were going too heavy metal, and IRON MAIDEN is a money-making machine, and I don't give a Smurf about it. It was not about drugs; it was nothing like that. Me and Steve [Harris]... I [wrote] the song 'Killers', Steve had [what he thought] were better songs. I thought his songs were smurf poo. Nothing to do with drugs; nothing whatsoever. Check your facts or otherwise this interview is over... I hate that! I smurfing hate that! Because people... You say something but you don't know. Well, I'm telling you. IRON MAIDEN is Steve Harris' band. It doesn't matter about anybody else — whether it's Dave Murray, Clive [Burr], me... it's Steve Harris' band and all it is is money, money, money, money — nobody else counts. And I wrote fn' 20-times better songs than his, but I only got one song on the 'Killers' album because it's Steve's — he must have this. Fn' Adolf Hitler. I'm not interested. So there you go. But you need to take drugs when you're with IRON MAIDEN because they're so smurfing boring. And the only drugs were aspirin, because Steve [making hand gesture as if someone is speaking into his ear]... Fn' headache."
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:46 pm

already posted this

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:46 pm

sorry man, didn't see it
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm

No prob Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:54 pm

We need to ban all Paul Di'Anno related articles on this board from this day on.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 am

GrandNational wrote:
We need to ban all Paul Di'Anno related articles on this board from this day on.

No way, good to hear his perspective on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:35 am

Yet one more reason not to like him.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Sounds like a bitter old jaded dork! Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden 543534
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:06 pm

Theres also a video that was posted in the thread I put up. If you watch it he doesnt seem like the way it was written. It comes off very harsh reading it but if you watch his answer it doesnt seem like hes as angry as it was written.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:24 pm

DeathCult wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

No way, good to hear his perspective on it.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. I'm just tired of hearing about him and his Iron Maiden days. Just hang it up. And the interviewers need to stop asking him about IM. Give it a rest.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm

This guy is the biggest joke in metal ever!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 pm

there is such a thing as the search button.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:37 pm

sam wrote:
he apologized for that already Rolling Eyes

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:38 pm

mc666 wrote:
sam wrote:

it's that this has been posted three different times already. Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden 19976
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 pm

Di'Anno rules. He has to put up with the Maiden crap for 30 years now. I would have snapped about 28 years ago, if I were him. And he said nothing that is not true. So you Maiden elitists need to get the perspective. And just my opinion [and I absolutely KNOW I am not alone, even on this board], I will take the first 2 Maiden platters over the entire rest of the catalog. That was metal at its' PINACLE!! Everything after was prog metal with kickass lyrics and melody. I'll stick with the old school, though.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:02 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Di'Anno rules. He has to put up with the Maiden crap for 30 years now. I would have snapped about 28 years ago, if I were him. And he said nothing that is not true. So you Maiden elitists need to get the perspective. And just my opinion [and I absolutely KNOW I am not alone, even on this board], I will take the first 2 Maiden platters over the entire rest of the catalog. That was metal at its' PINACLE!! Everything after was prog metal with kickass lyrics and melody. I'll stick with the old school, though.

THANK YOU! \'arry \'eadbanger Sums up my feelings quite nicely
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:07 am

sam wrote:
mc666 wrote:
sam wrote:

it's that this has been posted three different times already. Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden 19976

I did search, somehow I didn't see it, if it pisses you off that much that I accidentally posted someting that had already been posted don't dignify it with a response. just kidding
Back to top Go down
Onkel Ben
Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:11 am

mez wrote:

I find that funny considering you have killlers as your picture Neutral anyways, If a band that I was in 30 years ago was the only thing showing up in my interveiws I would have gone mad a long time ago angry
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:46 am

Wow, Paulie sure likes the smurfs huh? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:15 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

DITTO!!!!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:20 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Di'Anno drules
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:11 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

Amen! My top Maiden songs come from those 2 albums (Prowler, Purgatory, Iron Maiden).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:41 pm

I enjoy both eras of Maiden...but over the years the DiAnno material has definitely pulled in front as my favorite era of the band. Not just for his vocals though...the attitude that the band had. Clive Burr was the other secret ingredient missing post-NOTB.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:45 pm

mez wrote:
no, that would be Ozzy.

MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:50 pm

^^ lol!

I don't know, I realize it's Steve Harris' ship, but DiAnno always sort of struck me as a kind of jerk. Maybe I'm not well educated enough on the subject, but I always felt that after Killers, the band had nowhere to go w/ Paul at the vocal helm, which is why Bruce's entrance into the band marked such a pivotal point for them. Granted, the punk feel of the 1st 2 records is great, but Maiden really has been a technical band from the start, despite some of the more simplistic numbers they've done here & there. I suppose I'd be mad if I were in his shoes, but what has he done post-Maiden that has been truly worth looking into?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next