Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Record Shops Worth Saving?

Go down 
+3
scottmitchell74
Svengo
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Empty
PostSubject: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:17 pm

A friend forwarded me this article, thought I'd share. Guy makes some good points

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7-10227429-49.html?tag=nl.e428

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:56 pm

There are some good points there and I for one hope Indie stores never go away.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:43 am

Yes!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:56 am

Yes they are... the digital era has slowly been killing off the heart and soul of recorded music.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:16 pm

James B. wrote:
Yes they are... the digital era has slowly been killing off the heart and soul of recorded music.

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:04 pm

nevermore wrote:
James B. wrote:

Exactly!

+1

There is NOTHING like spending an hour or two shuffling through the stock at some out-of-the-way mom and pop music store. Those searches for a rare gem, or unheard of find are so enjoyable, if you ask me. And when you DO makes those finds.....awesome!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:44 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
nevermore wrote:
James B. wrote:

Exactly!

+1

There is NOTHING like spending an hour or two shuffling through the stock at some out-of-the-way mom and pop music store. Those searches for a rare gem, or unheard of find are so enjoyable, if you ask me. And when you DO makes those finds.....awesome!

That about sums it up for me too. I love searching through the stacks.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:41 am

unfortunately for us all, the glory days of the local music store are behind us. at least we still have online shops for the time being.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Record Shops Worth Saving?   Are Record Shops Worth Saving? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Record Shops Worth Saving?
Page 1 of 1