Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!

Go down 
+5
zombiewalkin
AchrisK
ghost
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Empty
PostSubject: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Man, I was excited about today for two reasons: Megadeth and Scorpions. Megadeth was easily picked up, but Best Buy didn't have Scorpions (didn't think they would anyway), so I went to FYE. They don't have it either. So then I tried the really, really looooooong shots of Walmart and Target. Don't have it either. But of course, everyone has Megadeth. Sad

I'm having trouble even finding it online. CD Universe, my usual online shop, doesn't even have a LISTING for it. Which doesn't make any sense because they have listings for new CDs about a month BEFORE they are released (if not earlier).

Is this another WASP situation where everybody BUT the U.S. gets it?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:35 pm

Weird. Metal-Archives lists it as out today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:47 pm

Here in Germany it is announced for the 25th of May.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Check out Music Buying Freak for more options:

http://www.musicbuyingfreak.com/

ack
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Ive heard it and I like it. I will picking this up soon....along with the Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 5:01 pm

I saw SCORPIONS live last Saturday at MEDIATIC festival in the South of Spain and they played 4 songs live from their new album (HOUR 1, THE GAME OF LIFE, HUMANITY and WE WERE BORN TO FLY) and they gave my a flyer outside the festival that the new album was going to be released 29 of may, at least in Spain. Still i like to tell everybody that SCORPIONS still kick ass live and that two of the new songs were not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 9:56 pm

i haven't grabbed it yet, but looking forward to it.

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm buying this the second I see it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:33 am

damn, i just downloaded a promo. this album is the sh*t!...phenominal.

they've got my money for sure!

i just love that first song. that's what grabs you. the rest of the album keeps you there. Klaus has as much talent as 20 years ago. great vocalist!

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:44 am

mc666 wrote:
damn, i just downloaded a promo. this album is the sh*t!...phenominal.

they've got my money for sure!

i just love that first song. that's what grabs you. the rest of the album keeps you there. Klaus has as much talent as 20 years ago. great vocalist!
Phenomenal? affraid

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:50 am

yeah, excuse my misspelling of phenomenal. google spell check didn't even catch it. :lol:

but the album is awesome for sure. i'll be adding it to my top 25 shortly! i'm a sucker for outstanding vox. the music is top notch too!

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 3:53 am

You got me curious. I downloaded it, just finished a listen through, and you're on point. This is a pretty outstanding album! It's more modern than Unbreakable, but it's pretty heavy.

I'd say style-wise it's comparable to Into The Now by Tesla. It's got that sort of vibe going on. They've got the classic leads on this one, though. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:06 am

For me, this album is very haunting and beautiful. It may not be as heavy as some of their other releases but the songs are so solid! The heavy tracks are very heavy and the "ballads" are not typically written ballads....they are just beautiful songs. The Scorps are one of the few bands that have aged so gracefully and still know how to kick you in the ass. I saw them live a few years ago and they were incredible!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Where do I download the promo at? The only thing I've been able to find in the past is a YouTube link to a live performance of 'Humanity' and a few short clips that Blabbermouth linked to for a preview.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 4:22 pm

Any torrent site should work fine. I only saw one torrent, though, and it had 659 seeders! Ridiculous. Right there that's potentially $10,000 lost to the band/label.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:37 pm

hit piratebay.org

they won't lose my money though. i always buy.

zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 8:42 am

mc666 wrote:
hit piratebay.org

Same here...it is nice to check stuff out before you buy. If I dont like it then it gets deleted. I dont keep it on the hard drive or burn it if I dont like it enough to buy it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:11 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
mc666 wrote:
hit piratebay.org

Same
here...it is nice to check stuff out before you buy. If I dont like it
then it gets deleted. I dont keep it on the hard drive or burn it if I
dont like it enough to buy it.

Same here. I tend to buy most of the new releases I download
unless I don't like them. A good example is the new Ozzy album
that I heard and don't like but the new Iced Earth single is great and
getting bought the day it's out.

As for the Scorpions album, I haven't seen it anywhere yet. Can't
wait to pick it up though because it's a great album. I'm amazed
that they are putting out some of the strongest material of their
career in the last couple years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:40 pm

Have they even announced a US release date for the Scorps? I ask because Metalguy71 sez Best Buy have it listed as an "import," and not only that, I heard recently that Sanctuary Records (who released their last album) are closing down their US office soon, if they haven't already.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:00 pm

I have FINALLY been able to check out the album and it's amazing. I was kinda unsure how good it was gonna be "Scorpions" + "modern sounding" just didn't seem right, especially after the awesome 80s vibe 'Unbreakable' had. I didn't understand why they wouldn't want to continue that. But they pulled it off.

And I'm with you guys, if I download something and like it, I'll buy it. If not, I'll delete it and continue on my merry way. I had Iron Maiden's & Paul Stanley's latest on my computer for awhile and went and bought the CDs as soon as they were released. I happily fork over my money to a band that I like, no matter how readily available the music is online.

This is sad that the Scorps & WASP aren't getting any US release dates. Did their last ones really sell that bad? CDUniverse.com is now listing Humanity as import, with three different versions, ranging from $14-$32. All are available 5/29. But I think the US Amazon site is offering the imports now... The Scorpions own official website only offers an import link for the US, as well.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:32 pm

i've got it on pre-order at amazon. it's supposed to be released on the 25th.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:04 am

So I finally got the darn thing earlier this week. I had downloaded all the songs previously and was familiar with them, but I had to show the proper respect and buy the real deal.

Great album, easily one of their best. I bought my copy at Best Buy which came with a exclusive track: Cold. I wasn't expecting much (being an "exclusive" and all), but it's actually a great song and probably my favorite on the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 am

Yeah, I like this new thing band's are doing with Best Buy. It's always good to get bonus tracks here in the US. Of course, sometimes Target also has an exclusive bonus track along with Best Buy (Def Leppard's Yeah!, for instance). That sucks! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, I like this new thing band's are doing with Best Buy. It's always good to get bonus tracks here in the US. Of course, sometimes Target also has an exclusive bonus track along with Best Buy (Def Leppard's Yeah!, for instance). That sucks! Haha.

Yeah, but what can ya do? Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, and sometimes FYE all get their own exclusives. Kinda sucks that they split up songs/bonus discs like that, but I'm only buyin' one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, but what can ya do? Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, and sometimes FYE all get their own exclusives. Kinda sucks that they split up songs/bonus discs like that, but I'm only buyin' one!
Oh yeah, Walmart had an exclusive companion EP for Def Leppard's Yeah!, which was cool because it had 5 exclusive covers and you could buy it separately. It would have been annoying had I had to buy the album, too, again! ITunes also had an exclusive cover, but I'm not paying for downloads. EVER! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!   Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Humanity, Hour 1... Where the heck do I find it ?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next