Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beaker Street 1090 AM (Little Rock 1969-77)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Beaker Street 1090 AM (Little Rock 1969-77) Empty
PostSubject: Beaker Street 1090 AM (Little Rock 1969-77)   Beaker Street 1090 AM (Little Rock 1969-77) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:56 pm

I was listening to a bunch of Southern Rock last night, and I was reminded of this old radio show and how much it had to do in forming my tastes. It was originally hosted by Clyde Clifford and featured underground trippy and acid rock. However by the time I got onto it it was hosted by Stuart McRae and was a proto FM classic rock station. I heard lots of bands like the Outlaws and Les Dudek for the first time on that show.
I guess it's still around (moved to FM and the internet) but I haven't heard it since 1977. There might be a couple of you that remember tuning in late nights on weekdays in the 70's and drifting off to sleep to this "noise". Does anybody remember this? Anybody heard the more recent incarnations of the show?
Back to top Go down

Beaker Street 1090 AM (Little Rock 1969-77)
Page 1 of 1