Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns Empty
PostSubject: The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns   The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:38 am

So while perusing the $5 vault at CD Baby recently, I came across this band called The Warm Guns. They were described as "storytelling music in the style of mid-period Beatles and early David Bowie" and "orchestral classic rock with a bit of glam thrown in for good measure." I really liked what I heard, so I tossed their two albums—Electric Mobile Movies and Blown Away—into my cart.

Here's some samples:

The Taoist Wheel
My Twenties Through Sixties
I Love That Voodoo
The Elephant Pig
The Fevered Pitch
Don't You Love It All?

Sounds really cool, huh? But CD Baby screwed up my order and sent me two discs by The Warm Gunns—Dark Fun and the Meet The Swan EP. This band's style is said to sound as if "the evil spawn of DLR, Johnny Rotten, Jagger & Prince fronted The Cult covering The Who" and "hard rock with a dirty soul." Sounds cool, right? And it is.

Here's some samples:

Speakeasy
Josephine
My Pearl
Hard Time Cover
Softer

It appears I lucked out, because The Warm Gunns are great, too! And their albums aren't $5 albums. Still haven't heard from SwapaCD, but I imagine they'll tell me to keep these and send the correct ones.

Either way, both bands sound great! Some of you may dig them.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns   The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:25 am

cdbaby usually tells you to keep whatever they send if there is a problem....

Thats how you ended up with my extra ANTIPRODUCT cd.

PostSubject: Re: The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns   The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:30 am

Yeah, I'm hoping. They haven't responded to me yet. They've also been slow on mailing things, too. The latest package wasn't mailed until 10 days after I ordered it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns   The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warm Guns vs. The Warm Gunns
Page 1 of 1