Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records

Go down 
+15
7thSecond
Thrasher73
RimShot
nevermore
mc666
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
shamgar75
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
Troublezone
ultmetal
Shiney
Lurideath
BillRoxx
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Empty
PostSubject: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:41 pm

So if you read the Dark Angel post, the real reason I went to Dark Realm Records today was my quest to find the new Believer CD.

I have been to several stores now trying to find a copy, I thought being that it was affiliated with Metal Blade we would have a wide distribution. Hence I did not buy online.

Well I can not seem to find it so I went to Dark Realm Records in Downey home of all things metal! They didnt have it either! He asked me if they were a nu-metal band and I had to explain who Believer was. I guess this clip with Howard Jones of KSE I can see the the nu-metla comparison, but I schooled him some anyways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEXN-_X29Cw

PS: Dont know if this was posted anywhere else but tis Beliver clip on Gabriel had me wannting to get this since I saw it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLR753pofAM

PPS: Still searching but will probably have to pick it up online after all!

PPPS: Here is a link on Dark Realm Records if interested...

http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/6921295

Last edited by BillRoxx on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:45 pm

It's really a great album man!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:13 pm

I mean, in this area....where they hail from and only ONE store that I know of carried it...they got in 25 copies on Monday and all sold except for 2...

Someone slacked off on this....

Last edited by Shiney on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:29 pm

There was only one copy at the Newbury Comics I went to. Not sure if there were more before I picked it up, though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Nobody has it here. I'm going to have to order it on-line.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:48 pm

What was the point of metal blade signing them if they weren't going to push the record? I've seen ads for crappy new bands all the time, but not a talented band like Believer? They should of signed with Solid State because at least you can always find Living Sacrifice albums at the stores.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Got mine at www.Theomegaorder.com came in like 2 days with free shipping. I think it was only $13? I forget.

I listened to this today on my way to practice and I'm kind of up in the air about it. When I first heard this band I heard the song Trilogy Of Knowledge back when Dimensions came out and that just blew me away so of course I had to pick up their albums. That is probably still my favorite song of theirs. Their other songs are ok. The vocals are really something you have to get into after a while of listening, although I have to say the new album, the vocals dont bother me as much as some of the older stuff does. The arrangements of their songs are a little wierd at times too, especially when they through in some kind of wierd sounds or something. It reminds me of something Mr. Bungle would do.

On the new album the whole end of the cd to me is a let down. I wouldnt have expected a couple of nonsense tracks like those from these guys, which really did sound like a Mr. Bungle album.

So in all I wasnt blown away by this new album but there are pieces and certain things that I do like. The production is decent and it has that Believer sound thats recognizable. Otherwise I was expecting something a little better, since it has been so long since they released an album. I'll give it some more listens though.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:17 pm

I think my CD world has it, but as much as I want to support the band by getting their new record, I think I will probably have to get it used. CD world is one of those record stores that marks every new release as 18 dollars.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Yeah - I had to order it through Amazon today.

No one is carrying it around here. Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records 352445
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:
What was the point of metal blade signing them if they weren't going to push the record?

1. "Wow! They're on a big label like Metal Blade ... that must mean they are good!" (like what happened to them when they were on Roadrunner). It makes them look better on the surface than artists on lesser labels, to some people at least. So it's in the band's best interests.

2. Metal Blade doesn't have to promote them. They can just cash in on the reputation they already have and the promotion Roadrunner did for them years ago building their fanbase to the point it's at now. It's quick money for them. Take the cash for a "comeback"/reunion album then drop the band when the money's not so good. So it's in Metal Blade's best interest to keep them for now ... then get out of Dodge when the getting's good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Just got a copy at Bionic Records. It's a good record with natural drums (no triggers) and heavy guitar. Best Chritian comeback record thus far...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Quote :
1. "Wow! They're on a big label like Metal Blade ... that must mean they are good!" (like what happened to them when they were on Roadrunner). It makes them look better on the surface than artists on lesser labels, to some people at least. So it's in the band's best interests.

1. I don't buy records just because of the label but since they're on one with money and clout...

And they are good btw!!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:03 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Metal Blade doesn't have to promote them. They can just cash in on the reputation they already have and the promotion Roadrunner did for them years ago building their fanbase to the point it's at now. It's quick money for them. Take the cash for a "comeback"/reunion album then drop the band when the money's not so good. So it's in Metal Blade's best interest to keep them for now ... then get out of Dodge when the getting's good.

I doubt Believer is actually making a lot of money doing what they're doing and being on Metal Blade. I don't have the figures, but it's not like they're tearing up the billboards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Metal Blade sucks (or at least they have since the late 80's), they have no promotional clout whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:14 pm

detuned wrote:
Metal Blade sucks (or at least they have since the late 80's), they have no promotional clout whatsoever.

On the contrary i have seen some decent promos in metal mags for Cannibal Corpse and Six Feet Under.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:19 pm

i ordered it... haven't got it yet though. can't wait for it to get here.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:21 pm

mc666 wrote:
i ordered it... haven't got it yet though. can't wait for it to get here.

I think you'll like it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:02 am

I've got this ordered but it hasn't arrived yet.
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 5:25 am

If you want the download of it, just go to amazon.com and go to the mp3 downloads and buy it and download it for 10.00 at a high bit rate too.
Here's the link: download
Back to top Go down
http://www.therefineryrock.com

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:34 am

Troublezone wrote:
detuned wrote:

On the contrary i have seen some decent promos in metal mags for Cannibal Corpse and Six Feet Under.

Both established acts with built-in fan bases, they are much easier to promote.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:13 am

I had to order mine online,no store near me carries it either
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:30 am

BillRoxx wrote:
He asked me if they were a nu-metal band and I had to explain who Believer was. I guess this clip with Howard Jones of KSE I can see the the nu-metal comparison, but I schooled him some anyways!
Why? What does KSE have to do with Nu-Metal? The new Believer is pretty dang good by the way. I found it at a store around here two days before it was even supposed to be released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:58 pm

www.shawn-P.com - That is the site I trust every time! Hasn't let me down once!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:08 pm

RimShot wrote:
If you want the download of it, just go to amazon.com and go to the mp3 downloads and buy it and download it for 10.00 at a high bit rate too.
Here's the link: download

you have so just muttered blasphemy. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:14 pm

I pre-ordered my copy, and it should have shipped out today, so I'm hoping I'll get it early next week!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: