Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member

Go down 
+3
mc666
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Empty
PostSubject: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:36 pm

A While back I let my cousin use my ebay account to sell some things because he didnt have his own and he doesnt have a bank account anymore. Hes sold a couple of things already and I havent had any problems that was until I came across this guy...

I saved all of the emails we had back and forth with eachother. The issue has finally been resolved now because he got the item and he was happy with it but I had to deal with his nonsense in the meantime. So If you can read all of this, was I in the wrong? I mean I technically was the seller and Feedback should have been given from him first letting me know his item arrived as described then I give him feedback back, quick payment etc... I thought this was so funny though. Ive never dealt with anyone so passionate about feedback on ebay.

So here goes.....

*Note JACKASS is the buyer and ME is duh, me =o)

JACKASS:

Hello, I was just wondering when this item would be shipped. I paid in full via Pay Pal within minutes of auction end, and I have not received anything from you yet; e.g. feedback... confirmation... tracking number. Thanks for your attention in advance.

ME:
Hello,
These are my cousins items so I will find out from him when he is sending them out. I will let you know. I wont leave any feedback til you do so first. That way if there is any problems we can solve them first before either of us leave feedback. Hes sold a couple of things yesturday and I received all the payments so most likely he will have them sent out during the week. I'll let you know though.

JACKASS:

Ok… I’m all for being fair, but what else do you expect from me before you leave feedback? My payment was in your account not 5 minutes after the sale was final and I made the first attempt at communication.
I’m also all for a timely sale and that being said I would hope that if this were going to take a week to ship that it would have been stated in the auction along with the fact that you were selling this for someone else (your cousin); after all I did pay for timely shipping. As far as I see it my part of the bargain is done, except for making sure the item is in good shape and working condition. I will not leave feedback for you first, that is not going to happen… again my half of the deal was done in a professional matter; that should be what feedback on my part is all about. Please don’t make this a difficult transaction, I am hoping it won’t be. If this is your account take matters into your own hands and ship this item ASAP and protect your feedback rating. As you’ll see I have %100 satisfaction and I always keep my end of the deal. I have gone out of my way in the past to accommodate other sellers and have never… ever left negative feedback. I am hoping that this is a little miscommunication and that we have resolved our differences now. I will also be waiting for the shipping information that I trust will be done in a fair, timely, and amicable fashion. I am putting my faith in your good rating… please don’t disappoint me.

ME:
I
tried writing you back but I got the email returned from your address. Heres what I wrote. Its too long of a message for hear so you'll get 2 emails. Sorry if its rude but your last email was uncalled for.

Ok.... Dude I don't know what your problem is, but all I said was I will let you know and I get this long blabbering email. Have you not read my feedback? Its 100% no problems on my end. I've been using ebay for years. I am the seller of the auction so YOU (the buyer) should leave feedback first. What if I wrote you positive feedback saying quick payment blah blah blah and then you go and write negative feedback because of some stupid little thing, when any problems should have been dealt with first instead of just leaving negative feedback. That's the way it is. When I buy something off ebay from another seller I am always asked to leave feedback first and then they will follow up and leave me feedback. Is that such a big deal? Im just saying when you get the item and if everything is ok then please leave me feedback and I will do the same for you. Not really that big of a deal, but if it is to you then I really could care less if you leave me feedback or not. I have tons of auctions from Christmas where people never left me feedback and they got the same.

As far as your item arriving in a timely fashion, It is going out tomorrow and depending on the post office you should have it hopefully by the end of the week if not then the beginning of next week. I also work at the post office and the mail is not being delivered as much as it was before all the economical problems. Everyone is trying to save money where they can and the post office is definetly doing what they can to save money.

As for the item itself, my cousin recently had to move out of his house and he needed to get rid of some things. He doesn't have an ebay account so I let him use mine. I actually don't even know why im explaining all of this to you.

You must've had some problems with other sellers and your just taking it out on me. I promise you your item is as described and will arrive in a timely fashion and if your not happy with it then I will refund your money its as simple as that.

There was no reason what so ever for you to write me a email like you did.

So to sum up this email YOUR ITEM IS GOING OUT TOMORROW!

JACKASS:
No problems whatsoever with other sellers... in 9 years on ebay, and have never been asked to leave feedback first. When I had to make first contact on this deal, I expected more than "These are my cousins items " , and "most likely he will have them sent out during the week". I wanted a date they would be sent. That's not asking too much.

I have had problems with my email server so I am sending this through ebay. I will contact you when I receive the item, and if there is a problem I will let you know so we can work it out and I would not leave negative feedback until all attempts at resolution are exhausted, but I will also not leave feedback first. My end of the bargain is done... that was satisfied when I sent you the money in a timely fashion. And yes... it's a big deal, I deserve the feedback saying I paid quickly because I DID. You'll deserve positive feedback when you complete your part of the bargain. Feedback is not a negotiation it is a testament of a financial transaction.

ME:
Your emails make me laugh. I cant believe your even a real person making a huge deal over feedback. Ive never in all my years dealing with ebay have ever had one problem with anyone on feedback, shipping or even telling someone when something was being shipped out. Its up to the seller when items get shipped out, not the buyer. Half the time when I send something out I don't contact the buyer because I just don't have the time to write everyone their item has been shipped, especially if I have sold a lot of things. Its ebay its not a store and I don't treat it like one either otherwise I would have just opened one. I don't have the time to sit and give every single person a play by play on their item til it arrives to their door. That's just rediculous. So just be patient and wait for your pedal.

Even if this pedal was mine and I was sending it out I would not have given you an exact date either since sometimes I get busy and cant mail it out, so I usually say i'll get something out by the end of the week, which is more than acceptable.

Listen, im done with emailing and arguing over this stupid crap so expect your item in the mail. Whether you choose to leave feedback or not I do not care. This is the way I do things and that's that. No one else had a problem with it and neither should you.

Im done. I just want to thank you though for a great topic on my radio show.

JACKASS:
I’m glad you are amused by this deal, I’m however am not. Some people take financial transactions seriously, yes it’s a $50.00 item this time, but this is a forum that people use for much more important/expensive deals and they are the same people that sell $50.00 items. When other people are involved in life we can’t pick and choose for them what is important and what to blow off. Your lackadaisical attitude may work for you with others, but I expected more from someone with a 100% feedback rating. Maybe the fact that you hold out giving feedback until you receive perfect feedback is an indication of why it’s perfect, maybe this is just an oil and water transaction. Either way we should resolve the feedback issue, it’s important for others to know what to expect from other buyers and sellers and it is a part of ebay that keeps transactions honest. Next time, however, if you’re too busy to state your full philosophy on shipping and feedback etc., maybe you should sell your items another like putting a disclaimer in your posting. Please do use this topic on your (ahem) "radio show" I’m sure that you will find that there are many adults like me that follow guidelines and expect others to as well.

ME:
I am extremely amused at all of this because I just cant believe how you are reacting to such an insignificant thing. Its not about not taking the transaction seriously, its about how ridiculous you are being over feedback. Its not you to say what I am, in your way of thinking, suppose to do. All my auctions are worded the same way and there was no trickery involved your really just making your self look like an idiot. Also im not lackadaisical I just cant sit on the computer as much as you do and just write utter nonsense to someone who you just bought something from. I don't know when I all of a sudden became the bad guy just because I didn't give you a date and time for your package right away. If it wasn't too late I would have just refunded your money and tell my cousin to resell it because I feel sorry that this thing has to be sent to you so you can use it in some cheesey cover band. Maybe if you werent too busy emailing people who you buy stuff on ebay and harrassing them you could get some talent and actually write your own songs.
Please do not write me anymore emails until your item arrives. I'll tell you what I will do for you so you wont have to loose anymore sleep about this feedback situation. When you get it let me know everything was ok and i'll leave you feedback first then you can choose whether you want to do the same for me or not. Id rather you just not write anything because I already know your going to give me a low count on the communication even though I did write you every day and had a lot of fun doing it as well.
So that's all I gotta say. enough with the emails til your item comes, but I can tell already that the kind of person you are that you just always have to get the last word in. So i'll be expecting a reply soon
=o) HAVE A NICE DAY!

JACKASS:
Why would you have to wait until the item arrives here before you would leave feedback? My end of the deal is done… I paid you for the item and the shipping. Considering the fact that you already have decided in your mind what I will leave, what would the difference be when you left mine? I will state this… if my feedback is negative I will contact pay pal and ebay to prove that the item was paid for within minutes. Along with that I will send all correspondence regarding this deal to both ebay and pay pal including your insults on me personally and musically which had nothing to do with the deal, were unprovoked, unnecessary and childish. If you want to taunt people with insults and not settle a conflict the adult way, you’ll find that no one will take your side in a dispute. That may work in grade school, on the streets, or among peers but it does not work in the business world. I personally, am not in disbelief that you are acting this way, I am just disappointed. You have a chance at redeeming yourself, I hope that you will act appropriately.

ME:
You really need to stop harrassing me now. Your item is sent, end of story. I have no reason to leave you negative feedback. You paid for your item and that's all I or any other seller asks for. We don't ask for this kind of conduct. I mearly gave you an answer when you first emailed me that obviously was not good enough for you and you havent gotten off your rant yet. All I have been doing is acting exactly like you have to me in each email. Are you going to say you didn't insult me? I say how great of a story this story will be on my radio show and you say..."(ahem) "Radio Show" so right there, that was an attack on me. I even said when you contact me everything is ok when you get the item I will leave you feedback and see you are still not happy. There is seriously something wrong with you. Nothing I will say will make you happy regardless of how nice or honest I can be with you so please I ask you for this last time do not email me until the item arrives. I have nothing left to say to you.

Good Day Sir!

After this email he got the point and didnt write me back til he got the item and he was satisfied. So all this nonsense and he was happy in the end. Is he a true JACKASS or what?

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Some people are retarded. Only part of his "end of the bargain" was completed. He paid you, sure, but he also needs to complete the auction by receiving the item and then leaving feedback. Then the buyer leaves feedback. It's a two part process. Buyer pays, seller ship. Buyer receives, leaves feedback acknowledging receipt, seller leaves feedback acknowledging payment received. Deal done.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:41 pm

Exactly! Thank You! Very Happy He acted like he was so knowledgeable of how ebay works. So people just like to argue for the sake of arguing and to even argue over something like feedback was beyond me. Now that the transaction is all done I think im going to miss his emails.

I gave him good feedback though I wrote "A+ All the way! Excellent communication, all around great buyer! I had a blast! " lol

I have yet to receive feedback from him though. I guess it wasnt so important for him to leave me any now. what a moron.

Last edited by Phoenix Reign Drummer on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:42 pm

You had stated to him in your guys long funny diatribe that he must have had issues in the past with a previous order. This was the first thing that I thought as well, as I was making my way through these emails. He stated otherwise, but he obviously isn't a good liar. He seemed more than a little paranoid about this item not getting to him, or in a prompt fashion. What a bozo.

Did you use this on your radio show?

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:43 pm

scratch

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
scratch

I tried to copy a piece of the text, and respond to it, and that font thing popped up. I was like, what the hell was that?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:00 am

haha I was wondering what that was. Who knows what the truth was on his end. He only had a count of 15 items that he either bought or sold and I have well over 100 or maybe even 200 I forget at the moment but either way he must've had problems with someone else recently otherwise he wouldnt have had such a problem.

And yes I did use it on my radio show haha. Everyone else thought he was a idiot too. I shouldve gave out his email address lol

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:07 am

what's he worried about? sellers cannot leave a negative anymore. unless they've changed that again.

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:11 am

what a tard... insane
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:21 am

Douchebags are everywhere.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 pm

mc666 wrote:
what's he worried about? sellers cannot leave a negative anymore. unless they've changed that again.

I had no clue. they didnt change it again.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Douchebags are everywhere.

lol! indeed they are. Now I have written proof.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6334

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:00 pm

I thought sellers were supposed to leave feedback first.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:36 pm

It doesnt matter who leaves feedback first or not. But none should be left til the transaction is complete.

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:05 pm

To be honest, I sympathize with the buyer on this one, W. But with that being said....IT'S JUST FEEDBACK!!!! Feedback is non-life threatening and should not be taken so damn seriously that 12 emails/pms need to be involved. And for the record, I never, ever leave feedback first. I have gotten 3 negs in over 6000 transactions and all 3 were to hold me hostage. Pissed me off to the point where you are lucky to get feedback from at all - period! ebay is a corrupt and broken system. But, and as sucky as this is, it is the single only place that you can reach close to a billion buyers worldwide. In short, they are a monopoly. And one that the government will never break apart [ie: Ma Bell, the airline industry of a few years back, etc].
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:22 pm

haha...How can you sympathize with that guy? oh and btw this guy still hasnt left me feedback and now im just furious. Should I say something? lol!

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:13 am

Dude got challenged and took it to far, for certain. But at first, he was just asking if it shipped and if he could get feedback. I think I am asked that exact same thing 300 times a year. Generally, I ship everything the day after payment and I tell the buyer that when they ask. Questions about feedback I just blow-off. If another Chinese bidder tries to scam me, he sure as hell is not going to get good feedback on top of it, making it even more insulting. That is my reasoning for only leaving feedback after it is given. But it would be difficult to convey that to a buyer. One line answers are usually the best.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Yea after I wrote him I was just like, damn why did I even give an explanation. I figured though maybe just maybe he was sane. oh well.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

at least he paid!! I think i have been filing more non paying bidder forms now than people who are paying for their stuff... I got an email back from a guy who didnt pay and after 7 days just wrote that he couldnt afford the item... angry

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member   Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hillarious Fight I Had With An Ebay Member
Page 1 of 1