Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

Go down 
+3
SideShowDisaSter
AchrisK
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Empty
PostSubject: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 12:17 pm

Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder.

Who has this? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 2:42 pm

I actually got this from LaLa recently. I have listened to maybe half of the disc so far. My impression is that it is pretty cool thrash/death metal with tongue in cheek lyrics and lots of cussing. I was expecting more of a death metal leaning in the style, and it has the heaviness of DM, but it's very thrashy.

ack
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Cool. I have a copy coming from LaLa too. I like getting to check out new bands for $1.75. Heard they were thrash.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 12:48 pm

Listened to this today. Not bad at all. Has some modern flavor to it, but is mostly just good 'ol thrash metal. Didn't hear a whole lot of death metal influence, but not being a huge dm fan, I may be missing something.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 12:58 pm

I've stuck in it on my LaLa want list. I keep hearing good things about them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 9:12 am

I've spun this CD a couple times now. I hear a lot of thrash metal influence, but I'm not seeing it as the 'resurrection of thrash metal' that people are claiming. It has thrash INFLUENCES, but there is also a lot of modern influences as well. The vocals remind me a bit of Chuck from Death from time to time, perhaps more in tone than in style.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 3:24 pm

got it on my want list at LaLa
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Awesome cd. Seen these guys a few times in Philly. They kind of remind me of Kreator (IDK maybe)..
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Had it and traded it. I thought they were ok.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:45 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Awesome cd. Seen these guys a few times in Philly. They kind of remind me of Kreator (IDK maybe)..

I noticed you've referenced Philly a few times in other posts. Are you from there?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I noticed you've referenced Philly a few times in other posts. Are you from there?

i used to live about 30 mins from philly, now im about an hour and a half out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:43 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

i used to live about 30 mins from philly, now im about an hour and a half out.

Cool. I'm a life-long Philly guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Maybe you guys can play Canasta on Wednesday nights together.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Maybe you guys can play Canasta on Wednesday nights together.

That's bingo night. Fridays I go square dancing with the wife and on Tuesdays I'm in a quilting bee. Don't be jealous of my popularity, Spectre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:51 pm

I just thought canasta would be a fun idea. Then maybe you guys would invite me over. My bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I just thought canasta would be a fun idea. Then maybe you guys would invite me over. My bad.

Oh, if that's the case then why not? Anytime you wanna make the trek up I-95, we'll save you a seat at the table, complete with tea cups and doilies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:59 pm

I couldn't risk showing up on the quilting bee night. I'd throw your whole week off. I appreciate the offer.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 4:34 pm

sounds like a plan, im one hell of a quilter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder   Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buried In The Front Yard (2005) by Rumpelstiltskin Grinder
Page 1 of 1