Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lions In The Street

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Lions In The Street Empty
PostSubject: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:41 pm

These young guys from Vancouver are beyond exceptional.......all "Sticky Fingers", Allmans, Little Feat and Gospel........

http://www.myspace.com/lionsinthestreet

What impressed me the most was the big sound these guys have, the great singer and some of their other songs have the same soul of the Stones most lovesick melancholy.

Apparently Todd Rundgren and Bob Ezrin have both pursued them in a hope of producing them!

You can download for free a "Mixtape EP" from their site that preempts their debut LP.......

http://www.lionsinthestreet.com/?mpf=frame
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:21 pm

That's excellent. I picked up their EP for 50 cents. You know I don't expect anyone to believe me, but I think this band from Madison "The Blueheels" is every bit as good as that, although more like The Band meets 16 Horsepower with a bigger sound.
It's hard for me to be pessimistic about the future of music with so many of these great young bands coming along. I'm thinking of it less and less as "retro" and more and more as Rock & Roll as a mature established art form.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I'm thinking of it less and less as "retro" and more and more as Rock & Roll as a mature established art form.

"Timeless Rock" as i like to call it........nothing beats great songs and a great sound.

This band will be huge.......or bust out some cult classics.

The Answer, Dirty Sweet, Earl Greyhound and now Lions In The Street.....i'm gathering a nice little wagon of essential current day rock n' roll.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Dammit RP!

Stop costing me money!

You know I have a weakness for this style; stop feeding the addiction!!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:40 pm

On second thought...

gimme...gimme...gimme...gimme...

greedy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Yeah download away......that's what it's there for.

Get ya hooked for when they release their debut shortly.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Is this the same band?

http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Your-Tongue-Lions-Street/dp/B000NQ93MC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1235695417&sr=1-1

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:49 pm

40 cents!?!??!

I'm there!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:51 pm

But, oh...I paid 41 cents for a sealed copy.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:53 pm

BTW, I'm spreading the news on these bands.

I've already won converts to Diamond Dogs and Prima Donna.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Tut tut!

There are some extras on the site to download that aren't on that EP.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:54 pm

I can't get that download to work beyond the first song. Freakin Vista and it's "security".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, I'm spreading the news on these bands.

I've already won converts to Diamond Dogs and Prima Donna.

Good stuff Toho.......getting the right music in the right hands. There is no bigger tragedy than people missing music they would love.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:

oops. We have both ordered the same copy I think. Amazon still has it on their board now. I'll PM you about this. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:48 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

oops. We have both ordered the same copy I think. Amazon still has it on their board now. I'll PM you about this. Sorry.

Now RP is inciting fights! Someone ban this guy before he bankrupts everyone on this board!

just kidding

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:50 pm

wrote:

Now RP is inciting fights! Someone ban this guy before he bankrupts Toho!

just kidding

Fixed it for ya.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 pm

laughing

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Sure...you start with easy victims like me.

But then you move on to more difficult targets like SAHB. Trying to set us at each other for CDs you suggested.

I'm onto your plan!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Sure...you start with easy victims like me.

But then you move on to more difficult targets like SAHB. Trying to set us at each other for CDs you suggested.

I'm onto your plan!!!

I've cost Shiney a pretty penny every now and then too.......got him chasing a very elusive "White Rabbit" (No that's not their name) of a band for a while now.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:04 pm

I say ban RP also. He's a cyber-terrorist obviously.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I say ban RP also. He's a cyber-terrorist obviously.

Terrorist of your wallet more like it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Now we're trying to figure out who got the CD first, me or SAHB.

See what you started RP????

cheers

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Settle down kids there's plenty to go around.

On another note i'm missing Ken (Eye)........he'd love this stuff.......that's if he's not already onto it already.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Eye gets 1000 discs a week.

I'm sure he's onto this band already.

PostSubject: Re: Lions In The Street   Lions In The Street Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lions In The Street
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next