Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wolf - Ravenous

Go down 
+9
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
sam
Glenn Rogers
Zdan
Mordor
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Wargod
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Ravenous   Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Just picked this one up. Excellent album!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Ravenous   Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:23 pm

I've had this for a couple months now. It's very good straight ahead Heavy Metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Ravenous   Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:15 am

Still haven't got this new one yet. But just recently spun some of their back-catalog. Great NWOBHM-ish classic metal.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Ravenous   Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:16 pm

I bought this a few weeks ago and have given it a number of spins in my car these last few days. Really good stuff! I'll have to go back and check out their earlier albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Ravenous   Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Still haven't got this new one yet. But just recently spun some of their back-catalog. Great NWOBHM-ish classic metal.

I got Ravenous and while I like it, it took me some spins before it clicked with me. I think these guys are getting a little too slick in their production. The earlier albums had a NWOBHM rawness to them that seems to get polished off more and more with each subsequent album. Some might call that progress or maturity but I found the raw energy of the early albums to be part of the charm and appeal.

Still, not a bad album though if you like that style of metal. Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 604261

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Ravenous   Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 am

Ravenous is in my Top 20 Most Wanted Discs List!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Ravenous   Wolf - Ravenous - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf - Ravenous
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2