Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Office appreciation thread

Go down 
+5
kmorg
tohostudios
MetalRob331
XYZ
scottmitchell74
9 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The Office appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:37 pm

It's my favorite current TV show and second in history only to Seinfeld.

From Jan 5 - Feb 5 I watched seasons 1-4 completely...twice, including deleted scenes.

I'm addicted.

Any other fans please post here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:59 pm

I love the show as well, although Michael has been getting on my nerves lately. They've made him dumber than Homer Simpson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:59 pm

That show sucks balls. The UK version does, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
That show sucks balls. The UK version does, too.

It's official. You have no taste.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:42 pm

No kidding!

If you touch one hair on Spec's head, we'll burn Brockton to the ground.

Micheal is the great paradox. On one hand he's an insecure child-man. On the other hand, he's the guy who will unexpectedly show love or insight when you least expect it. In some ways he is a kind of Homer Simpson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:47 pm

I was watching The Office in the car today while I waited for Jen who was at an audition. I watched the episode where Michael decided to go to the warehouse and see how things ran there and ended up wrecking the whole place. There's some great lines in that one. Smile
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I sucks balls.

Fixed. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:44 pm

xyz wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I sucks balls.

Fixed. lol!
I sucks balls? Laughing

I just don't get this show. I love stupid comedy, off-the-wall comedy, but this show was just dry and not funny at all to me.

don\'t know
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:54 pm

I think this show tries a lil too hard to be funny. I like natural comedy, where they're not trying to be funny but it's hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:01 pm

I prefer the British version, but I do watch the U.S. one from time to time and get a kick out of it. (I almost never watch T.V.)

But I'm also a huge fan of dry humor, the drier the better actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:05 pm

This is an appreciation thread, you naysayers need to go play a which album is better game or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:10 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
This is an appreciation thread, you naysayers need to go play a which album is better game or something.

naysayer?

Quote :
but I do watch the U.S. one from time to time and get a kick out of it
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:33 pm

I think the writing is fantastic and it's the awkward pauses and sincere if clueless way many of the characters carry on that make the show brilliant.

I love the fact that Creed Bratton plays a fictionalized version of himself.

Yeah, Spec, Michael and Dwight just trash the werehouse and then leave the mess for the werehouse guys to clean up. Great!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:54 pm

I've never seen the show but a guy in my cube row at work had a pic and one day I stopped by his cube and said, "Hey, that's Fish-Boy from House Of A Thousand Corpses!".

He looked at me like I'd lost my mind.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 pm

As a cube worker I wonder if you wouldn't love this show.

I worked a cube for 8-9 months in 1998-99 selling cars and, man, The Office seems to nail parts of that world. The endless drudgery punctuated by moments of brilliance or insanity. The real world truly has people just as bizarre if not more so.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:05 pm

The show hit a dry spell for awhile, imo. I didn't find anything funny there for a while until the last few episodes. Micheal causes WAY too many awkward moments.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Quote :
Micheal causes WAY too many awkward moments

Ahh!!! That's pretty much the whole point!

Micheal = awkward

Jim & Dwight = shenanigans

Jim & Pam = romantic interest

The rest add their little ever evolving stories/snap shots in glorious fashion.

Mos, of course, is an incredible occassional treat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Don't make me call you a HIPPOcrite.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:57 am

Eyesore wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Don't make me call you a HIPPOcrite.

That's low. Shocked
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:01 am

Never understood the appeal, and I absolutly HATE all the copycat shows that came after it!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Used to hate this show but, I am now seeing the funny side of it. very, very, very dry humor. I like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:56 pm

kmorg wrote:
Never understood the appeal

Niether do I. My dad and I saw an episode last week and neither of us found anything funny about it, but one man's trash is another's treasure.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:21 pm

I like the show, but this last season was a little hit-or-miss. I think the writers are running out of steam and just making Michael more of a doofus. When he was fired from Dunder Mifflin and refused to leave, I didn't find it funny as much as I did pathetic. I hope next season rebunds, but I also wouldn't be upset if they decided to end the show altogether and go out on a high note. But that's pretty freakin unlikely. I suppose I'll keep watching till it "jumps the shark".

DB, it helps if you work in an office enviroment. The show has tons of 'OMG, that happened in my work too' kind of moments. Not saying you have to work in an office to appreciate it, but it helps.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:52 pm

I've watched "The Office" from time to time but I'm not a hardcore fan by any means. It seems kinda like a live-action version of "Dilbert" to me.

Steve Carell was hilarious when he was a correspondent on "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Office appreciation thread   The Office appreciation thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Office appreciation thread
Page 1 of 1