Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An awesome band named Toxik

Go down 
+5
Vordul
Fat Freddy
chucksteak
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

An awesome band named Toxik Empty
PostSubject: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:08 am

Just got "World Circus" and "Think this". Two of the best trash albums of all time i think. WOW

Does anybody know if these guys are planning on releasing new material. I read somewhere that the band has reformed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:15 am

I think they played some live shows...but I haven't heard of any new material from them.

If you like TOXIK, check out REALM as well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:22 am

Here's an older thread on the reunion.

http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/toxik-reunion-t216.htm?highlight=toxik
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:40 am

Their bassist quit, they cancelled their live shows.

They supposedly have a history DVD on the way. Not sure if they will ever record again.

It's a shame that every other band is reuniting but TOXIK can't/won't.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:19 am

I haven't heard these guys since the 80s but I don't remember them really being thrash or even that good. Didn't they do a Zeppelin cover?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:03 pm

I had both of Toxik's albums at one time and neither one was a keeper for me... the music was OK but I found the vocalist on the first album to be a bit irritating. I believe they replaced him with a different guy on the second album but it wasn't enough of an improvement to make'em stand out amongst all the other thrash that was out there @ the same time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:05 pm

I got the albums after reading scott water's review. listening to music
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:41 am

Useless Toxik trivia: after they disbanded, one of their lead singers (I forget if it was the guy from the first or the second album) sang for an Alice In Chains tribute band called "Facelift" that played a lot around the NY/NJ metro area during the 90s.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:12 am

awesome tech thrash band im my not so humble opinion!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Useless Toxik trivia: after they disbanded, one of their lead singers (I forget if it was the guy from the first or the second album) sang for an Alice In Chains tribute band called "Facelift" that played a lot around the NY/NJ metro area during the 90s.

I think that's gotta be Charles Sabin. He tried to get another original band going with another "name" musician whose name escapes me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I think that's gotta be Charles Sabin. He tried to get another original band going with another "name" musician whose name escapes me.

Yup, that's him. I knew it was "Charlie" something but couldn't remember the last name.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Yup, that's him. I knew it was "Charlie" something but couldn't remember the last name.

Cool, thanks for the info. He's a great singer but more of a hard rock guy than a speed metal guy from what I have heard.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Cool, thanks for the info. He's a great singer but more of a hard rock guy than a speed metal guy from what I have heard.

I guess so... I saw that AIC tribute he was in years ago (before I knew he had been in Toxik, probably before I had even heard Toxik now that I think about it) and he sounded pretty good singing that stuff.

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 10:33 pm

They recently released their third album, Dis Morta. I ordered it earlier this month and look forward to getting it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 2:26 am

Required Fields wrote:
They recently released their third album, Dis Morta. I ordered it earlier this month and look forward to getting it.

Yes, I ordered it too. Hope to get it within the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 11:44 pm

Dis Morta is an awesome album.

One of 2022's highlights.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 2:15 pm

There is a 2022 2CD re-release package of World Circus/Think This on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Lari wrote:
There is a 2022 2CD re-release package of World Circus/Think This on Amazon.

Yes i saw this one. But i already own both albums as limited releases so i guess i will skip this package.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 3:19 pm

I ordered the 2CD set. I'm not familiar with Toxik, so this will be my first bite. Another discovery aided by Gilbert.

I'll let you know how I like it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 4:28 pm

Lari wrote:
I ordered the 2CD set. I'm not familiar with Toxik, so this will be my first bite. Another discovery aided by Gilbert.

Those 2 albums are amazing. You shouldn't be disappointed headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 12:54 pm

Lari wrote:

I received that set in the mail today.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Lari wrote:

I have it but I haven't listened to it yet. I've got a lot on my table. I have CDs I bought last winter I still haven't played once.

Another casualty of all my vacations being ruined by my soon-to-be-ex-wife.

I like taking my time with new releases, sit down with them and enjoy them properly.

I did just get through the Girlschool box set. What an awesome band.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 8:50 pm

Scott received the album recently. I bought two copies, onecwas for me, and the other one I mailed to him.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 11:39 pm

Lari wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Lari wrote:

I have it but I haven't listened to it yet. I've got a lot on my table. I have CDs I bought last winter I still haven't played once.

Another casualty of all my vacations being ruined by my soon-to-be-ex-wife.

I like taking my time with new releases, sit down with them and enjoy them properly.

I did just get through the Girlschool box set. What an awesome band.

I am not familiar with Girlschool. Gonna have to check them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An awesome band named Toxik   An awesome band named Toxik Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An awesome band named Toxik
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next