Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio Live CD suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Dio Live CD suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:10 pm

Where else to turn but this board for the right choice for a Dio live CD? I trust all f your opinions on looking for the right CD to get. I own all of DIO's studio albums and also have the Holy Diver Live DVD, but expected more sound quality out of that DVD, so I am a bit apprehensive to purchase a CD version of it. Sure it was a greta concert, but having seen them live, and the sound production that is put into Heaven and Hell DVD/CD, I was hoping to find a recording that good, and felt Holy Diver lvie didnt capture it.

Do you guys know of any DIO live albums that sound fantastic? Top quality sound?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:30 pm

I would recommend Dio ep "Intermission' released in 1986 simply because it is the only official live recordings of the original Dio band, also would recommend double live CD 'Inferno:The Last In Live', it has an excellent track selection and Dio's vocals are incredible, and Tracy G while not my favorite Dio guitartist does an excellent job on the classics, as far as the sound quality it is good but nowhere near as good as Black Sabbath live CD from a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:59 pm

Evil or Divine is quite good.

Intermission is great, but it's only an EP.

Holy Diver live is good too, but Dio's vocals sound a bit worn on this recording. Have read that Dio was sick when this was recorded.

Inferno-Last In Live is good too. Never was a big fan of Tracy G as a guitarist, but he does a good job on this live CD.

Of course the greatest Dio live recording every was with Rainbow. On Stage!

PostSubject: Re: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Of course the greatest Dio live recording every was with Rainbow. On Stage!

You beat me to it, that was the first album I thought of when seeing the thread title.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:18 pm

My favorite is the Holy Diver Live 2 cd set; more so for the songs and it's really cool (imho) to hear an album played live in it's entirety. I would make a recommendation for Last In Live. Good luck and have fun.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:23 am

I thought he meant live recordings from the band Dio, in that case I would third the recommendation for Rainbow "On Stage" and also throw in Black Sabbath's "Live Evil"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 am

I borrowed the DVD version of "Evil or Divine: Live in New York City" from a buddy a while back and it was damn good. I don't own the CD version however.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:31 am

manny wrote:
I thought he meant live recordings from the band Dio, in that case I would third the recommendation for Rainbow "On Stage" and also throw in Black Sabbath's "Live Evil"

I'm sure that's what he meant...but that doesn't mean we can't steer him upwards. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio Live CD suggestions   Dio Live CD suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio Live CD suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: