Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PRO-PAIN: thoughts?

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
nevermore
SideShowDisaSter
Temple of Blood
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:10 pm

So I got "Foul Taste of Freedom" for 4 bucks and I am kinda surprised by how much I enjoy it. This guitar player is actually pretty good!

So, any fans here?

What are your favorite PP albums?

Favorite songs?

Like them better or worse than similar acts like CRUMBSUCKERS or MOD?

P.S. some of their lyrics seem to have Christian overtones.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:26 pm

I like Pro-Pain. My favorite album by them is probably Round 6 followed by Act Of God. A solid band. They aren't gonna open any new doors, but they are quite good at what they do.

I like Crumbsuckers a bit more, but their styles are slightly different.

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:36 pm

We've discussed them a few times here:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/pro-pain-t2669.htm
http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/pro-pain-age-of-tyranny-the-tenth-crusade-t304.htm
http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/pro-pain-t1609-25.htm

I'm not being a dick by posting those links, either. If you're intsrested in the band there's some good opinions there. That said, Pro-Pain are one of my favorite bands. If you dig Foul Taste of Freedom you'll probably really dig the following albums since those have a much heavier leaning toward thrash. They're still firmly rooted on the hardcore side of things, but there's a definite metal edge to it all. And Gary writes some killer solos!

Each album is a bit different, though Foul Taste and the follow-up, Truth Hurts, are probably the two that stand out as the most different. Truth Hurts is really, really heavy. Kind of shock following Foul Taste. After that album they sort of stayed somewhere in between those two stylewise. Sometimes going a bit more hardcore, like on Shreds of Dignity, and other times going more metal, like Age of Tyranny, Fistful of Hate and Prophets of Doom. And the latest, No End In Sight, has a singalong punk quality to it (though it's still heavy). They just change it up without ever sounding like anything but Pro-Pain, which is refreshing.

Anyway, I love these guys. Wish they were more popular here in the US. They deserve it. As for favorite albums/songs. I couldn't pick. I really love everything. Even their covers album is great. They cover Sepultura and Slayer! I'd also say they're better than Crumbsuckers and M.O.D. I love both those bands, though.

Last edited by Eyesore on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:36 pm

I like them quite a bit. Foul Taste Of Freedom and Contents Under Pressure are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:44 pm

I did a search for "Pro-Pain" and "ProPain" and neither came up with anything. Figures. This search function doesn't work too well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Here's a few tunes more on the metal side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kursNCVRpLA

Possible NSFW cover on that last link. It's the original cover for Truth Hurts, which is basically a dead woman after being sewn up. It's eerie because she looks like she could almost be alive.

The only complaint I have ever had about this band is when they had Ice T on "Put The Lights Out." That dude is so deadpan and boring on everything. Just a silly guest spot. Decent song, though. Actually, wasn't it Ice T that was on that Slayer tune from the Judgement Night soundtrack? He was cool on that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I did a search for "Pro-Pain" and "ProPain" and neither came up with anything. Figures. This search function doesn't work too well.
The dash screws it all up. Pro Pain picks up all the threads with Pro and Pain in the titles. The search feature here does suck, but since I'm the mythical "Search Function Nazi," I've educated myself. That way my reign of terror is based in truth.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:06 pm

One of my fav bands ever. Not a bad cd in there discography. Contents Under Pressure is one of my fav cds of all time and is def an island cd. When i was 18 my band played every song on that cd once.

Like EYE said these guys def should be more popular they seem to produce great cd after great cd. Look for them on tour this year in the States.

Here is the order i like the cds

Contents Under Pressure
Truth Hurts
Pro-Pain
Prophets of Doom
Foul Taste of Freedom
Act of God
Fistful of Hate
Age of Tyranny
Round 6
No End in Sight
Shred of Dignity

but all amazing cds....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:10 pm

EYE i fkin love ya 🤘

You putting Three Minutes Hate up just made me get up and mosh one of the best metal songs ever created
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
EYE i fkin love ya 🤘

You putting Three Minutes Hate up just made me get up and mosh one of the best metal songs ever created
:defleppard:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Hey all you hard rockin' Pro-Pain fanz!

Open Grave has a sh!t-ton of Pro-Pain discs for 6 bucks a piece.

http://www.opengraveshop.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=01c7b5764549a0bcbfa63a347eab044c&keyword=pro-pain

Hard Rock! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:12 pm

That's too much. You can probably get all their albums combined for that much. I see them used all the time for like $0.99. Cancer free, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 pm

I got a promo of their new album (NO END IN SIGHT) about a week ago... haven't listened to it yet though.

The only other Pro-Pain I've heard was their last one, which was OK but overall this band isn't really my "thang."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Quote :
Cancer free, too.

Laughing very hard

BTW, Ken, will you be a doll and pick up that Grave Digger EP at Newbury Comics for me tomorrow? Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:33 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
Cancer free, too.

Laughing very hard

BTW, Ken, will you be a doll and pick up that Grave Digger EP at Newbury Comics for me tomorrow? Thanks! Smile
Really?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:36 pm

No, but pick it up for yourself, hold onto it an trade it to me in a year for something rare. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
EYE i fkin love ya 🤘

:defleppard:

Hey, what's going on here? Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:40 am

I got their (Foul Taste...) cassette when it first came out and i played the hell out of that thing but i lost interest until i heard their (Contents Under Presseure) record. Been a casual fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:44 am

Pro Pain rules. Road Rage has to be one of the best sounding live albums ever. They are one of the few bands that never releases a stinker.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:09 pm

been listening to age of tyranny and I must say great album! it contains everything from really heavy (3 mintues hate, heads will roll) to medley (all for king George), kick ass band.

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
No, but pick it up for yourself, hold onto it an trade it to me in a year for something rare. Smile
Well, they didn't even have one copy, so we both lose.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:23 pm

I like them, but they're not even in the same league as the Crumbsuckers. Now they might be as good as M.O.D., though their latest isn't to bad either.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:56 pm

I never was a big Crumbsuckers fan, Pro-Pain though has never even come close to disappointing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:04 am

7thSecond wrote:
I like them, but they're not even in the same league as the Crumbsuckers. Now they might be as good as M.O.D., though their latest isn't to bad either.

I agree that the Crumbsuckers were better but i think Pro-Pain is way better than M.O.D.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:09 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
I never was a big Crumbsuckers fan, Pro-Pain though has never even come close to disappointing

What's not to like about the Crumbsuckers? They were Gary's prototype to what became Pro-Pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRO-PAIN: thoughts?   PRO-PAIN:  thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRO-PAIN: thoughts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next