Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sepultura - A-LEX

Go down 
+9
nevermore
Required Fields
Gilbert
Troublezone
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalGuy71
zombiewalkin
mc666
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Sepultura - A-LEX 3026899095_79c381eab1_o

Anybody heard this yet? I believe it is already out in Europe and gets its US release in another week or two. I got a promo copy to review for Detritus 'zine and gave it a first spin yesterday. I wasn't terribly impressed, unfortunately. I was interested in hearing it when I found out it's a concept album based on "A Clockwork Orange" (one of my favorite books/films back in my college days) but all I heard was a lot of random sounding riffs strung together. The back of the promo copy (I don't have it handy with me at the moment) has a quote from Andreas Kisser saying something to the effect of how the album was created out of "jams" in the studio, so I guess that's why it sounds so unfocused.

I haven't really been much of a Sep fan since the beginning of the Derrick Green era (AGAINST had its moments, and I liked their cover of U2's "Bullet The Blue Sky" from a few years back, but that was about it for me) and this new one isn't doing much to put the band back in my good graces. Oh well...

Anybody else heard it/have thoughts on it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Haven't heard it, but I want your promo when you're done. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:57 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Haven't heard it, but I want your promo when you're done. Smile

Haha, then you got first dibs ... I'm obviously gonna have to spin it a few more times to prep for writing the review, then once that's done, we'll talk trade...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Mmmmmmm....dibs.....

Sepultura - A-LEX Homer-drool
Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:17 pm

It's a concept album based on one of the worst turds ever put to film, so maybe they're just keeping it real.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It's a concept album based on one of the worst turds ever put to film, so maybe they're just keeping it real.

Laughing very hard Not a "Clockwork Orange" fan I take it?

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:20 pm

it's on my want list. haven't heard it yet though. after the last album, i'm really looking forward to this one.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:21 pm

mc666 wrote:
it's on my want list. haven't heard it yet though. after the last album, i'm really looking forward to this one.

Hope you like it better than I did... once I was done with that first spin I had a headache and was reaching for my CHAOS A.D. disc as an antidote.

Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:

lol! lol!

Im not a fan of the movie either. I lost interest in Sepultura around the Roots album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Over the holidays, I got together with some buddies one night at the pub and one of them handed me a cdr. "Here ya go, it's the new Sepultura". I didn't ask where he got it from, but I can only guess he downloaded it from somewhere. He told me it was a concept album based around "A Clockwork Orange". I am not now nor have I ever been a fan of the band, but that connection piqued my interest.

I popped it in my car stereo that night on the way home. I lasted mid-way thru track 3 before I ejected it. If it's a concept album, I'll never know. The vocals are a shouted, garbled mess. Not my thing at all.

If anyone wants my cdr, they can have it. It's in the gutter of Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philly.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Over the holidays, I got together with some buddies one night at the pub and one of them handed me a cdr. "Here ya go, it's the new Sepultura". I didn't ask where he got it from, but I can only guess he downloaded it from somewhere. He told me it was a concept album based around "A Clockwork Orange". I am not now nor have I ever been a fan of the band, but that connection piqued my interest.

I popped it in my car stereo that night on the way home. I lasted mid-way thru track 3 before I ejected it. If it's a concept album, I'll never know. The vocals are a shouted, garbled mess. Not my thing at all.

If anyone wants my cdr, they can have it. It's in the gutter of Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philly.

Laughing very hard That's awesome. Can I quote this story when I write my review of the album?

Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

God, I hate that movie. I've seen it a bunch of times, suffering through it while my retard friends declare it pure brilliance. I literally think the movie is one of the worst ever. Gigli is a hundred times better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard That's awesome. Can I quote this story when I write my review of the album?

Be my guest. I normally wouldn't encourage throwing cdr's, or any trash for that matter, out the window of a moving vehicle, but something inside of me (the 7 or 8 pints probably) told me it was the right thing to do at the moment.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

God, I hate that movie. I've seen it a bunch of times, suffering through it while my retard friends declare it pure brilliance. I literally think the movie is one of the worst ever. Gigli is a hundred times better.

As I said in my first post, I was a fan of the flick in my college days (though I suppose that could have been due to the regular doses of intoxicants with which I abused my body in those days), saw it a bunch of times back then. Haven't seen it in years though, I wonder if I'd like it as much with a clear head...

I did re-read the book for the first time in a while a couple of years ago, though, and enjoyed that a lot.

Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:44 pm

I can't wait to get this promo. :glee:
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:45 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I can't wait to get this promo. :glee:

Ehehehehehehe... you know how much trouble I have being "timely" in reviewing CDs, so keep in mind that it may take a while...

Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:46 pm

I know the risk I'm taking. Smile solitudeaeturnusonslaughtdvds.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I wouldn't put it up there with "pure brilliance", but I did like the movie. Clockwork Orange I mean. Not Gigli. Although I never saw Gigli. Maybe it's pure brilliance too. I'll never know.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:47 pm

spectrefate wrote:
solitudeaeturnusonslaughtdvds.

Laughing very hard Just for you, Spec, I'm gonna bump those two DVDs and that Sepultura disc up to the top of the review pile. Way to guilt trip.

Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I wouldn't put it up there with "pure brilliance", but I did like the movie. Clockwork Orange I mean. Not Gigli. Although I never saw Gigli. Maybe it's pure brilliance too. I'll never know.
I actually thought Gigli was okay. Pretty funny, too. Definitely not the worst movie ever made, like some people claimed.
Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard Just for you, Spec, I'm gonna bump those two DVDs and that Sepultura disc up to the top of the review pile. Way to guilt trip.

Aww, shucks. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I actually thought Gigli was okay. Pretty funny, too. Definitely not the worst movie ever made, like some people claimed.

I'm still reeling from the whole JLo/Afflect break-up. Watcing them on-screen toghether would just cause me more heartache and I already have enough pain in my heart.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Also got a promo and I was somewhat dissapointed. I'll give it more time, but its certainly not Roots or Chaos AD....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Sepultura, used to be a fan, no longer interested.

A Clockwork Orange, probably my least favorite Kubrick film...but I still like it. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination...but it is an "experience" worth taking at least once. I've probably seen it 7 or 8 times, but it's been years since I watched it. Most people I've met over the years either hated it, didn't understand it...or loved it. Not much middle ground there.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:32 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Also got a promo and I was somewhat dissapointed. I'll give it more time, but its certainly not Roots or Chaos AD....
i certainly hope not. i'm not crazy about either of those albums.

Sponsored content

Sepultura - A-LEX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura - A-LEX   Sepultura - A-LEX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sepultura - A-LEX
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next