Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Living End

Go down 
+2
MetalRob331
tohostudios
6 posters
AuthorMessage

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Anyone familiar with these guys? Australian punk/rockabilly band. They're one of my favorites. They had some success over here in the past, but their most recent album is MIA here in the good ol' US of A-holes. I was checking out some of the tunes on the new album last night, and one of them surprised me. In the past, they've ventured into the pop punk area on some songs, especially on their latest two albums. But they've never gone in a more rock direction. But this song is pretty wicked...

It's got a nice AC/DC vibe to it. Really cool tune. Not sure if the rest of the album is like this, though. I'd imagine not. Either way, great band. Here are some other tunes:

🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:58 pm

I have the S/T and Roll On.

Don't have the one you're talking about though.

Off to zShops.

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I have the S/T and Roll On.

Don't have the one you're talking about though.

Off to zShops.
I think the cheapest was like $16. The Hellbound (EP), It's For Your Own Good (EP) (you can get a double CD that includes both, too), Modern Artillery, and State Of Emergency should be much much cheaper. Recommended, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:53 pm

I have the S/t and it has some killer guitar chops on it. When i first heard these guys that is what made me get into it.
Back to top Go down

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:46 am

And here they are actually doing a little AC/DC.

Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 1:28 pm

they're ok but i couldn't listen to it for an length of time
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:18 am

I too really enjoy this band! Not an album they've done that I don't like or don't have.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:41 pm

When i first heard them on the radio i thought they were Green Day.
Back to top Go down

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:43 pm

troublezone wrote:

Egad! I wouldn't put that quote on the CD's cellophane wrapper. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:51 pm

spectrefate wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Egad! I wouldn't put that quote on the CD's cellophane wrapper. Smile

Why not? It would probably help them sell more records. Laughing
Back to top Go down

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:08 pm

I don't think they sound anything like Green Day.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't think they sound anything like Green Day.

+1, no real comparison here
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:09 pm

I don't hear the Green Day comparison either.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:48 am

Prisoner Of Society was like the anthem for me and my mates in 1998, it was such a huge hit. I get a bit nostalgic when i hear it.

I'm not so much a fan but i've kind of followed their career by default since their so big down here. Your right about the AC/DC influence on the latest album Eyesore, Chris has been talking that up in interviews as a big influence on the new record along with Led Zeppelin and Morrissey amongst other things i think i heard him say he had been digging his old Iron Maiden albums out too.

You should all check out a band from Oz that had a huge influence and in many ways opened the doors for bands like Living End, Silverchair, Jet, The Vines etc.

You Am I is the band, one of the most underrated bands of the last 15 years....actually i'll make a thread.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:55 am

I only know their one song called (Prisoner of Society) and to me it souds like Green Day. It sounds like a Bratty semi punk anthem not unlike what Green Day did on the Dookie album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Living End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Living End   The Living End Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Living End
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: