Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon

Go down 
+7
Addy
sam
Fat Freddy
Stender
Troublezone
mc666
Required Fields
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Empty
PostSubject: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:17 am

I was on the way to work and was involved in a hit and run. I was about a two or three minute drive from work and another car rammed right into me. I tried to regain control of the car. I ended up driving halfway on the curb and halfway on the road for about three or four seconds before stopping the car by the curb. The other car just took off. I was unable to get the other driver's license plate number, type of car, or even car color.

I immediately called 911 and informed them of the accident. Afterwards, I called my workplace, and informed them I was going to be late for work. (Work started at 5:00 PM, the accident took place at about 4:50 PM, and it was about 4:55 PM at the time I had contacted my workplace.) I then contacted my father, and let him know about the accident. The cops arrived at the same time the phone call with my father ended.

I told the cops about what had happened, gave them my driver's license and vehicle insurance information. My father and uncle arrived about 15 minutes after I had called them to let them know what had happened.

My vehicle had a flat tire, and the upper left corner of the car has also been damaged. Over $1,000 worth of damage was done. The cops drove me to work and my vehicle was taken away for repairs. I ended up taking a taxi home from work at 1:30 AM.

At least I wasn't hurt. If I had been, I would have been lucky, as the accident was just a two minute walk away from the nearest hospital.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:27 am

it could have been much worse, both physically & financially. even if the culprit is never found, at least you'll be able to move on with no issues.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 am

I was in a hit and run a couple weeks ago. There is no visible damage but i chased after the guy and told him to pull over and everything but he just took off after the light changed green and i wasn't about to waste fuel trying to get this guy so i called the cops and luckily i had memorized the plate number and saw his side profile. I'm going to try to pick him out of a photo lineup. I'm not looking for revenge but i would like it to be on his record so next time he'll think twice when he hits someone and takes off.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:29 pm

Glad to hear your alright man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:32 pm

That sucks but the important thing is that you weren't hurt. Cars can be fixed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:44 pm

I rented a car this afternoon, which I should have for the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:39 pm

You might feel okay now, but you'll likely be sore tomorrow or the next day.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:30 pm

stupid asswipe, why can't people man and be responsible for their actions
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:59 am

I was in an accident earlier this year I was hit in a parking Lot, the guy who hit me was going at least 40 to 50 mph, did about 5 grand damage to my car, and the assclown had the nerve to blame me. I was sore for a few days but boy was i pissed, I felt the cops didnt handle the situation well, but in the end, the other guys' insurance paid for it in full and i got my deductable back. I gotta tell you taking care of getting my car fixed felt like a 2nd job it was pretty stressful ( I was still driving it) the whole passenger side was warped, both doors had to be replaced. Had this happened 10 mins later I would have had my 11 year old stepson (him and his dad were literally right around the corner) and he could have been injured. So I was lucky It was just me, my car eneded up being in the shop for a month
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:14 am

Glad to hear you're O.K.

Maybe that douche will "get his". Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:37 pm

I finally got my car back today. There was an approximated $3,465 in damage.

Fortunately, since my vehicle is insured, I don't need to pay a penny.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I finally got my car back today. There was an approximated $3,465 in damage.

Fortunately, since my vehicle is insured, I don't need to pay a penny.

Not yet anyway. Wait till next year when your insurance rates suddenly spike for no reason. Insurance companies hate to lose money.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 am

Glad to hear your all right, hopefully it won't raise your insurance too much.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:11 am

What a drag, glad that you guys are all ok. My sister was involved in an accident two weeks ago and is going through the same stuff you guys have just explained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon   So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, I was involved in a car accident this afternoon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: