Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name of The King/Dungeon Siege

Go down 
+2
kmorg
Wargod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Empty
PostSubject: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:02 am

Ok I get home around 6:30 am after pushing snow and turn the TV on to ShowtimeW and happen to come across Name Of The King Dungeon Siege. Ok it's near then end and watch what's left and let the credits roll by. Well the music at then sounded killer but was unsure who it was and as got to the end I figured out it was Blind Guardian doing the song.

Anyway I saw that Nuclear Blast was the music label to the soundtrack so I did a google of the movie and came across the songs in the movie they are below. Not sure if this is all of them or not, anyone know of this soundtrack at all?

"Carry the Blessed Home"
Performed by Blind Guardian
Music & Lyrics by Hansi Kürsch (as Kürsch) / Andre Olbrich (as Olbrich)
Published by BG Publishing/Warner Chappell
Courtesy of Nuclear Blast

"Skalds & Shadows"
Performed by Blind Guardian
Music by Hansi Kürsch (as Kürsch) / Andre Olbrich (as Olbrich)
Lyrics by Hansi Kürsch (as Kürsch)
Published by BG Publishing/Warner Chappell

"The Fire Burns Forever"
Performed by Hammerfall
Music & Lyrics by Oscar Dronjak / Joacim Cans
Published by Hanseatic/Warner Chappell

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:11 am

Ok I found the whole sound track listing!

1. Farmer´s Son / The Big Battle (film score)
2. BLIND GUARDIAN – Carry The Blessed Home
3. HAMMERFALL – The Fire Burns Forever
4. NIGHTWISH – Amaranth
5. HIM – Wings Of A Butterfly
6. SONIC SYNDICATE – Enclave
7. AMORPHIS – The White Swan
8. AVANTASIA – Lost In Space
9. THE DARKNESS – Dinner Lady Arms
10. DISTURBED – Land Of Confusion
11. AFTER FOREVER – Energize Me
12. DREAM THEATER – I Walk Beside You
13. THRESHOLD – Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams
14. PANTERA – Cemetery Gates
15. EPICA – Chasing The Dragon
16. SOILWORK – Exile
17. MASTODON – The Wolf Is Loose

Wow one of the best soundtracks I've seen!

Wargod48

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:12 am

Is this a movie? A TV series? I'm lost....

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 am

A movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/) based on a PC video game (http://www.microsoft.com/games/dungeonsiege/). Be confused no more!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:33 am

That IS a great soundtrack.

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:08 pm

I have this movie. Haven't watched it yet, though. The acting looked wicked cheesy in the trailers, even the Transporter dude seemed like a B-movie actor. Weird. The movie probably stinks (as the reviews indicate), but I love movies like that. Unless Christopher Lambert is in it, then I can't watch. That guy blows.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:32 pm

I saw a preview for this movie some time ago, it looked kinda cool (in a cheesy sort of way). Isn't the infamous Uwe Boll ("Alone in the Dark," "House of the Dead," "Bloodrayne") involved with it? Sounds like something he would've directed. He's made a career out of adapting video games into bad movies.

EDIT: After checking the IMDB link Spec provided above, it turns out that Herr Boll is indeed the director of this flick. Whether or not that's a recommendation depends on who you talk to, I guess. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw a preview for this movie some time ago, it looked kinda cool (in a cheesy sort of way). Is the infamous Uwe Boll ("Alone in the Dark," "House of the Dead," "Bloodrayne") involved with it somehow? Sounds like something he would've directed. He's made a career out of adapting video games into bad movies.

It looks like he was a producer and the director on the film.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:36 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw a preview for this movie some time ago, it looked kinda cool (in a cheesy sort of way). Is the infamous Uwe Boll ("Alone in the Dark," "House of the Dead," "Bloodrayne") involved with it somehow? Sounds like something he would've directed. He's made a career out of adapting video games into bad movies.

Yep, I just hit the IMDB link you provided a few posts up.

A while ago a guy on the IMDB message boards said "Uwe Boll" is German for "Ed Wood." HA!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

A while ago a guy on the IMDB message boards said "Uwe Boll" is German for "Ed Wood." HA!

Uwe Boll is terrible! He does have a tendency to put good music in his movies however. Didn't Alone In the Dark use Nightwish during the final credits?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Uwe Boll is terrible! He does have a tendency to put good music in his movies however. Didn't Alone In the Dark use Nightwish during the final credits?

Yup, yup, yup!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yup, yup, yup!
And I'm pretty positive that's why Nightwish is so popular in the states now. It's the only correlation between their otherwise out-of-the-blue explosion into the US market. Beyond that song on the soundtrack, they had very little--if any--exposure here.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:

And I'm pretty positive that's why Nightwish is so popular in the states now. It's the only correlation between their otherwise out-of-the-blue explosion into the US market. Beyond that song on the soundtrack, they had very little--if any--exposure here.

But "Alone in the Dark" was a box office bomb, virtually nobody saw it...

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yeah, but a lot of people rent movies that they would not otherwise see in the theater.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Quote :

Yeah, but a lot of people rent movies that they would not otherwise see in the theater.

Yea, I guess that's true. Lord knows I sit thru my share of craptaculars on DVD. I don't ever feel particularly compelled to track down any of their soundtrack albums though. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

True, but I think that's what got the hype going. "Wish I Had An Angel" is the song on that soundtrack, right? That's a killer tune! Plus, how many Schpoopoos out there downloaded the soundtrack because Slipknot was on it or whatever?

I definitely think that soundtrack is what sparked the blaze, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:11 pm

This film sucks balls. I recently bought it on blu ray as I thought it might be quite an enjoyable chees fest. I thought a film with Burt Reynolds and Ray Liotta in can't be that bad, boy was I wrong.

I know these things are all down to personal taste but this is nothing more than a badly actd, badly scripted lord of the rings clone with special affects that were contructed on an atari 2600.

I wouldn't even put it in the so bad it's kinda fun catagory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name of The King/Dungeon Siege   Name of The King/Dungeon Siege Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name of The King/Dungeon Siege
Page 1 of 1