Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Police

Go down 
+7
Neuropete
QuothTheRaven
criss3o
DallasBlack
TheGooch
Schbopo
mez
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

The Police Empty
PostSubject: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:25 pm

So are there any fans of The Police here? I have only ever owned the best of albums. These guys were at the height of their career when I was 8 to 10, so I was only then developing my opinion of music. I just remember the hits, but then in my college years I got into them a bunch.

Well I had the privileged to see these guys in concert this summer and after seeing easily over 150 live acts in my life these guys have been the best.

I just found out that Best Buy released them live on DVD and CD this week. What an amazing recapture of these amazing guys.

Anyone else catch them this summer or buy this recent release? It is so worth the 20 for it all!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:52 pm

I love the police. Have all the albums and yes, got the new releases. The Police 505193

Before Eyesore gets to it: https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/i-can-hear-music-f8/the-police-t1870.htm?highlight=the+police
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:23 pm

yup this has been gone over before. still it does not mean that is it os worth saying the police are not bad becuase they are very goood
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 pm

I always like how Every Step You Take is considered a love song when in reality it's a bout a man stalking a woman. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:08 am

Great band! I missed the Tour but the DVD will be on my Christmas list!
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:15 pm

One of my all-time favorites. They were way ahead of their time. Most of their stuff still holds up today, as good (or better) than current releases of any genre.
Back to top Go down

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:47 pm

The first time I heard The Police was when the single for "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" came out. I was too young to appreciate it at the time.

When Synchronicity was released I had stopped listening to the radio so I didn't hear it initially, but then they played a live concert a couple years later on TV and I was blown away! I immediately collected their entire catalog. I converted my Mother into a fan, so we'd crank Ghost In The Machine in the car on the way to the grocery store.

When Sting went solo I didn't like it either...but about 10 years later I heard it again and loved it. Once again I had to wait until I was mature enough to really "get it".

One of these days I need to get these albums again, I never got the CDs, had them all on vinyl (wish I still did).
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:46 pm

The Police was actually one of my first favorite bands... it was the first band I owned every album from. And I do mean albums... I still have the original LP's. I replaced them all with CD's, of course, but I still like to pop in the vinyl. As a matter of fact, I was listening ot my Synchronicity LP this weekend.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:59 pm

detuned wrote:
The first time I heard The Police was when the single for "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" came out. I was too young to appreciate it at the time.

When Synchronicity was released I had stopped listening to the radio so I didn't hear it initially, but then they played a live concert a couple years later on TV and I was blown away! I immediately collected their entire catalog. I converted my Mother into a fan, so we'd crank Ghost In The Machine in the car on the way to the grocery store.

When Sting went solo I didn't like it either...but about 10 years later I heard it again and loved it. Once again I had to wait until I was mature enough to really "get it".

One of these days I need to get these albums again, I never got the CDs, had them all on vinyl (wish I still did).

Your Police story is similar to mine, when they were around I hated them, since they weren't metal, I saw a concert on MTV and loved it, and became a fan, Sting's solo album, I thought it was horrible, years later I became a fan. I had to wait til I was old enough to look outside the world of metal.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Yeah I liked them the drummer is great as hell!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 6:00 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Yeah I liked them the drummer is great as hell!

Wargod48

Copeland is a beast! 🤘
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:52 pm

Another great band that I have none of their lp's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:25 pm

I like 'em. They're all pretty good musicians as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Police   The Police Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Police
Page 1 of 1